Yes

Accidental

Joonmyun watches distracted as Sehun pushes Zitao and the two laugh about something he can’t hear. He hadn’t talked with Zitao for a while now, not about anything that was important anyway. He hasn’t even been that affectionate with the younger boy, no matter how much he wants to be. Luhan bumps shoulders with him harshly and Kyungsoo’s head comes to rest on the edge of his shoulder.

“Ouch?”

Luhan laughs and flicks his ear. “Don’t even know if you’re hurting, geez Joonmyun.”

Kyungsoo laughs and rests his arms around Joonmyun’s waist, even as Joonmyun rolls his eyes at Luhan. “So, are you just going to stare at the two of them or are you going to steal Tao away?”

Joonmyun sputters and tries to look at Kyungsoo. “What?”

Luhan snorts and pushes Joonmyun’s face until he’s watching Sehun and Zitao again. “Like all of us haven’t noticed you watching him.”

Joonmyun turns his head to confirm Luhan’s words and Jongdae mouths something that looks suspiciously like ‘chicken’ while Wufan gives him a stern look. Groaning, Joonmyun sags in Kyungsoo’s arms.

“Are all of you going to harass me until I do something?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head and releases him with no warning as Luhan laughs.

“Nope, gotta do on your own without being told. Right, Leader Suho?”

Flailing slightly as he rights himself, he frowns at Luhan. “I regret ever saying I had a crush on you.”

Luhan rolls his eyes and pushes Joonmyun’s face away. “You never had a chance.”

Joonmyun shakes his head and pushes Luhan’s hand away. “You’re just upset because Yixing took my side on who had to clean up the kitchen the other night.”

Luhan’s eyes narrow and he crosses his arms. “I shouldn’t have had to clean.”

Kyungsoo stands between the two and puts his hands over both their mouths. “I think it’s time for Luhan hyung and I to steal Sehun away. Maybe if you ask Wufan hyung nicely he’ll get rid of everyone else for you hyung.”

Joonmyun sighs against Kyungsoo’s palm and shakes his head. Kyungsoo gives him a small smile and drags Luhan over to Sehun and Zitao, within moments the youngest members of Exo is crushed into a hug and Joonmyun sighs again. Rubbing his face for a moment, he takes a deep breath and approaches the group before Zitao lets Sehun go.

“Zitao.”

Zitao tenses for a moment before turning to smile at Joonmyun. “Hyung?”

The smile seems forced and Joonmyun winces, shoving his hands into his pockets. “Can we talk?”

Zitao tilts his head to the side and blinks, false innocence and wide eyes. “We are talking Suho hyung.”

Joonmyun has to force down the urge to grind his teeth. “Alone, please.”

Zitao sighs and his shoulders sag for a moment. “Sehun, we’ll talk later okay.”

Sehun just nods and reaches out to squeezes Zitao’s hand for a moment. Zitao smiles at him thankfully and there is a brief flare of jealousy but it disappears quickly. There was no reason for him to be jealous and even if there was, there was no reason for him to get angry with Sehun for it. Turning to walk back to his room, he motions for Zitao to follow him. Everyone watches them exit the M dorms and Joonmyun feels slightly self-conscious for a moment. How long had they been waiting for him to do something? When he glances back at Zitao, he notices the younger boy staring at his wrist. The bracelet is still there, he had never taken it off but he’s too scared to look and see if Zitao is still wearing his.

They are both quiet as Joonmyun finally shut his door behind them. He motions for Zitao to sit but the younger boy shakes his head, instead crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Joonmyun can’t see if he’s wearing the bracelet because of Zitao’s sleeves. Joonmyun clears his throat awkwardly and Zitao bites his lip in an attempt to hold back a smile.

”Zitao look.” Zitao raises and eyebrow when Joonmyun stops and picks at his pockets.

“Suho hyung.”

Taking a deep breath, he makes eye contact with Zitao. “A relationship wouldn’t be easy for us, considering our occupation and where we live and work.” Zitao nods and Joonmyun takes a deep breath. “But, I think we can figure it out. Start out just telling the other members of Exo but keeping the managers out of it. Maybe telling our families when we’re ready. Anything more than that will have to wait.”

Zitao searches Joonmyun faces for something, shifting from one leg to another and looking uncomfortable. “Joonmyun what are you saying?”

Before his courage can fail him, he steps closer to Zitao until they are standing toe to toe and he looks up into the younger boy’s face. “I’m saying that I want you to be mine Huang Zitao, as official as we can get under the circumstances. We’ll have to figure out some things as we go.”

Zitao sniffs and Joonmyun freezes, watching in shock as tears start to trail down Zitao’s face. “Why are you crying?”  Joonmyun reaches up and brushes away tears with his thumbs, panic making his movements a little jerky.

“Are you serious?” Joonmyun nods and Zitao sobs, throwing his arms around Joonmyun and pressing his face against his neck. “Yes. I’ll be yours.” Joonmyun wraps his own arms around Zitao, squeezing tightly. “I’ve missed you.” Zitao nuzzles his face against Joonmyun’s neck and sniffles softly. “I’ve missed you so much.”

Joonmyun pushes Zitao back lightly, brushing his lips softly along Zitao’s jaw. “I’ve missed you too.”

Smiling, Zitao rests his forehead against Joonmyun’s. “You’d be willing to tell your family about me?”

Joonmyun cups Zitao’s face, rubbing their noses together and smiling at the happy giggle that spills passed the younger boy’s lips. “I’m willing to hold on your hand as I face them and hope that they love you too.”

Brushing his thumbs across Zitao’s cheeks, he presses a light kiss to the tip of his nose.

“Do you really think I’m worth it?”

Joonmyun laughs and kisses Zitao until the younger boy is breathless. “Yes.”

Zitao’s fingers tangle in his hair. “Do you love me?”

He trails slow soft kisses down the bridge of Zitao’s nose and across his cheekbones. “Yes, I love you quite a lot.”

Zitao shivers and tilts his head back as new, happier tears spill from his eyes. “Are you sure?”

Joonmyun kisses the underside of his chin, brushing his lips slowly along the front of his neck. “Yes.”


Epilogue: One Day

Zitao was asleep in front of the window, curled slightly and facing the clear glass. Joonmyun smiles and shakes his head, wondering if Zitao wanted to move the bed just so that he could nap in the sunlight. The small apartment was a nice change from the dorms they lived in during the earlier years as members of Exo. The bright post-it note on the fridge meant that Baekhyun had been by earlier and Joonmyun briefly wonders what they had done. Sitting down carefully on the bed, he runs his fingers through Zitao’s hair and looks out the window. It wasn’t much of a view but it was something.

“Mmmm, Joonmyun.” Zitao turns on his back and moves his head into Joonmyun’s lap.

“I should keep a tally on how much you say that, ‘Mmmm, Joonmyun.’” He mimics Zitao’s voice, only in a different situation.

Blushing, Zitao pushes at him and laughs. “Shut up, you like it.”

Joonmyun leans down and Zitao meets him in a short kiss. “I do but I can still make fun of you.”

Zitao rolls his eyes and pokes Joonmyun’s nose, making a soft buzzing sound before giggling when Joonmyun’s fingers attack his sides. Zitao shrieks and tries to roll away when Joonmyun flops sideways on him.

“Zitao.”

A soft hum and the relaxing of the younger man’s body lets him know he’s listening.

“I want to marry you.”

He sits up and Zitao looks at him in shock. “Joonmyun, I-”

Joonmyun taps Zitao’s lips lightly and shakes his head. “Not right now but I want to be able to marry you one day.”

Zitao bites his lip and sits up, touching his fingers lightly to Joonmyun’s face. “One day.”

Joonmyun chuckles and leans forward, stealing a quick kiss and pushing Zitao back down on the bed. “Our relationship has survived this long, I think sometime soon we’ll have to make this something more permanent.

Zitao smiles and shakes his head, tugging Joonmyun down on top of him. “I think for me and you, it’s already been ‘Til death do us part’. It’s just a matter of making it official.”

 

-=-

Thank you so much to everyone who has subscribed and commented. I hope all of you enjoyed this story and that the ending is satisfying enough!