Catch

Accidental

The arm that Wufan flops around Joonmyun’s shoulders isn’t heavy but he acts like it, sagging a little bit and huffing. Wufan rolls his eyes and practically crushes Joonmyun to his side, kicking his feet up on the coffee table. “Is there a particular reason why you’re crushing me Kris?”

Wufan leans further back against the couch, pulling Joonmyun with him. “Want to tell me what’s going on Joonmyun?”

The use of his birth name surprises him and he glances at Wufan. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

The other leader is cut off as the rest of Exo enter the living area, the noise filling up the previous silence quickly. Zitao is the first to look over at them, frowning hard and moving away from Baekhyun to walk over to the couch. Zitao sits heavily in Joonmyun’s lap, pushing Wufan’s arm off him. Wufan gives Joonmyun a pointed look but doesn’t put any distance between their sides.

“Hyung, we’re going to watch a movie!” Zitao practically snuggles against Joonmyun, wedging his feet between the two leaders’ touching thighs and forcing room between them. Arms find their way around, Joonmyun’s waist as Zitao presses his face to his neck.

“Is that your favorite place to put your head?” Joonmyun teases, resting his arms around Zitao waist.

“It’s my place.” Zitao whispers, snuggling closer and pressing his feet hard to Wufan’s thigh.

Luhan sits down heavily on the other side of Joonmyun, ruffling Zitao’s hair while giving Joonmyun a knowing smile. Joonmyun ignores it, instead watching as the other members find their own seats as Minseok crouches down in front of the television to set it up. Jongdae sits down in front of Joonmyun, scooting backwards and forcing Joonmyun’s knees apart. Zitao pulls his head away to frown at the top of Jongdae’s head, shifting so that he sits comfortably between Joonmyun’s legs. Wufan rolls his eyes when Zitao stretches his legs out across his lap before wiggling a bit more to rest his head against Joonmyun’s shoulder.

Luhan snorts and flicks the back of Zitao’s neck. “I don’t know why you insist on curling yourself up like that.”

Zitao snuggles against Joonmyun, wiggling his leg when Jongdae tries to rest his head on the his thigh. “It’s comfortable.”

Sehun sits down next to Luhan, squashing himself between the older Chinese man and the arm of the couch. “Doesn’t look comfortable to me.” Zitao leans backwards playfully sticking his tongue out at Sehun.

Joonmyun chuckles, poking Zitao’s bellybutton earning him a small pout. Wufan laughs reaching out and patting Zitao’s face.

“Suho’s immune to your cute TaoTao.”

Luhan laughs at this, messing up Joonmyun’s hair. Joonmyun shakes his head, grinning at Wufan as he pats the older man’s thigh. “Unlike you.”

Chanyeol chooses this moment to tug on Wufan’s sleeve. “Hyung, sit with us on the other couch. It looks a bit crowded on that one.”

Wufan smiles at Chanyeol and shakes his head. “I’m fine here.”

Chanyeol nods slowly, blinking at the five seated on the couch. “If you’re sure hyung.”

Wufan glances at Zitao, who frowns again before hiding his face in Joonmyun’s neck. “I’m sure.”

Minseok gets up and takes the television remote with him, manhandling Jongin out of the only recliner. Dragging his feet Jongin sits on the other couch, sliding himself between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Yixing decides to lay out across the members on the couch, his head resting his Chanyeol’s lap. Jongin goes to push the other main dancer’s legs of him but Kyungsoo puts hand on his thigh.

“I’m going to start the movie.” Minseok hits the play button, settling comfortably in the recliner.

Joonmyun wonders who had picked the movie as the opening credits roll, Disney again. It’s surprisingly quiet during the movie besides the occasional sniffle during the touching parts, Zitao fingers had found their way between Joonmyun's and he his thumb over the younger boy’s knuckles. It’s warm and it doesn’t surprise him that during the requested replay of the movie people had started drifting off. Jongdae’s head is resting against Zitao’s thigh and Joonmyun is almost tempted to close his legs to startle the younger man.

Wufan had at one point leaned heavily against him, luckily Luhan had leaned the other way or Zitao would probably be suffocating against his neck. He can guess that he’s probably the only awake from the silence even as the credits roll, before he can drift off himself Zitao squeezes his fingers.

“Joonmyun hyung?” Zitao whispers softly and he shivers as the younger boy’s lips brush against his neck.

“Hmm?” Zitao shifts, careful of Jongdae’s head.

“Hyung, what would you do if I started falling for you?”

Joonmyun doesn’t hesitate before answering.

“I’d have to catch you Zitao.”

-

Thank you so much to all of you who have commented and subscribed!