Bonus

Accidental

Even after years together, Joonmyun had a hard time believing that he was really this lucky. A lot of people doubted that their relationship would last, his parents being somewhere near the top of that list, but they had.

Zitao breathes softly against his shoulder, tucked against him despite their size difference. It’s still early, earlier than Zitao likes to get up and the sun is just barely peaking over the horizon. Yet it’s still enough to highlight the mess of teal colored streaks in Zitao’s hair.

That had been both a shock and something he was expecting. ‘I miss Exo sometimes, not the guys but being in that group together.’ Joonmyun had just smiled and shook his head. Of course, Zitao would feel like coloring his hair would remind him of the days when twelve people stood on stage and spent way too much time cramped into cars between schedules.

Joonmyun runs his fingers over the faint wrinkles that line the corner of Zitao’s eyes, he knows he has them too. Zitao had made it a habit to press kisses to them and there were days where it made him self-conscious but it was never the intention so he let it slide.

Most of them are still entertainers, though they had all grown up because of the scandals that followed the group as they got older. Zitao and his relationship becoming one of the more popular subjects when Baekhyun made a comment he shouldn’t have.

They were all still close though, the earring he shares with Yifan presses against the side of his face. Even after all the fighting and threats to quit, they had stayed a dysfunctional family somehow. Zitao didn’t even mind how Joonmyun and Yifan were still regulated to “mom and dad” when they went out as a group, he’d just play up the baby card to get spoiled sometimes.

Zitao stirs a little and looks up at him blearily, nuzzling against the underside of his chin and knocking their legs together. “You seem happy to be awake so early.”

"Just lost in my thoughts." Fingers slide up his sides and Joonmyun wraps his arms tightly around Zitao’s shoulders.

"Go back to sleep, you don’t have to be up so early. It’s been ten years since we needed to be up this early." Zitao’s not even bothering with Korean, even if he speaks it fluently now, it’s still not his mother tongue. It reminds him of the conversations they’ve had with both of them speaking their mother tongue. He knows it’s something that their parents find amusing, if not a bit irritating when it’s about something important.

He yelps when Zitao nips at his ear, pulling lightly on the earring that he’s still adjusting to. “Stop thinking and go back to sleep, we’re having a late lunch with everyone today and I don’t want to be awake until I have to be.”

"What about your morning routines and stretches baobei?"

Zitao huffs and rolls them over until his body blankets Joonmyun’s. “I’ll do that in a couple hours, I’m old. I need my beauty sleep.”

Laughing Joonmyun presses their foreheads together and peers up into Zitao’s half-opened eyes. “You still get all embarrassed when I call you that.”

"Shut up." Their heads collide and Zitao rolls away, rethinking his sleepy headbutt. "I still get all tingly and , you sap."

"You’re the same way, now get up. You won’t be going back to sleep now. I know you."

Zitao kicks out at him, an attempt to push him off the bed with his feet. “No.”

Grabbing onto the headboard, Joonmyun laughs. “If you wake up, we can have in the shower.”

The pushing stops and Zitao glares at him playfully. “Are you trying to bribe me with Huang-Kim Joonmyun?”

"Possibly, Huang-Kim Zitao." Zitao rolls his eyes and pushes at Joonmyun again, this time with his arms.

"Fine, I’m up. You owe me a late morning."