Thread

Accidental

“You and Tao seem closer.” Wufan bumps shoulders with Joonmyun after his statement.

“What do you mean?” He asks, looking up at the older man’s face.

Before Wufan can respond a strong set of arms wraps around Joonmyun’s waist, a face pressing happily against his neck shortly after.

“Hyung.” Zitao breathes the word contentedly against Joonmyun’s neck, earning a small shiver that doesn’t go unnoticed by Wufan.

The eldest male raises his eyebrows questioningly at the other leader of Exo. Joonmyun ignores it and pats his hands down over Zitao’s.

“Hey Tao.” Zitao smiles against his neck, shuffling closer to Joonmyun.

Wufan coughs into his hand, giving Joonmyun a pointed look before waving and walking off to talk with Yixing. Tilting his head back a little, Joonmyun takes a moment to look over the rest of Exo. Luhan makes eye contact with him immediately, pausing in his conversation with Sehun to stare at him. Maybe Zitao was being a little more affectionate with him as of late.

“Hyung, I missed you.”

Joonmyun smooths his fingers across Zitao’s forearms and the younger boy responds by nuzzling his face against Joonmyun’s neck. “You’ve only been gone a few days.” He smiles despite his words, feeling a little happy that he was missed.

“Don’t care.” Zitao pulls away and Joonmyun turns around to face him, only to be pulled into a tight hug.

Laughing, Joonmyun wraps his arms around the younger boy’s waist. “Tao really?”

Zitao pulls back a little and pouts at him briefly. “Hyung, why are you laughing at me?”

Joonmyun bites his lip at the slightly whiny tone of voice being used, holding back the urge to laugh more. “Why are you being so cute and affectionate?” Joonmyun reaches up and pinches the younger boy’s cheeks playfully.

“Hyung!” This time it’s a full blown whine and Joonmyun chuckles.

“Tao!” Joonmyun whines back and watches as the younger tries not to smile.

“Hyung, that’s not fair. You’re cute too.”

A snort draws their attention away from each other and towards Jongdae, who grins. “So when are you two going to kiss?” He teases, and Joonmyun sees Zitao’s face redden out of the corner of his eye.

Joonmyun just smiles and tilts his head to the side. “Are you jealous Jongdae?”

Jongdae laughs and shakes his head. “Don’t you know it Joonmyun, I’ve always wanted to kiss both of you.”

Minseok flops an arm around Jongdae’s shoulder, smiling at them. “He’s not lying, I’ve heard all about it.”

Jongdae rolls his eyes and Joonmyun laughs, covering his mouth and shaking his head. Zitao just looks down, shifting from one foot to the other, mind obviously somewhere else. Joonmyun slips an arm around Zitao’s waist, pulling the younger boy out of his thoughts.

“So, Taozi you come back down from the clouds yet?” Jongdae asks, grin settling in place again.

“Eh?” The other three males almost face palm at Zitao’s lack of comprehension.

Joonmyun squeezes the younger boy a little, glancing up at his face and smiling softly. Zitao smiles back and fidgets again shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Minseok hyung, I have to ask you something!” Kyungsoo calls, waving the eldest male of Exo over.

Minseok smiles at Joonmyun and Zitao before dragging Jongdae away with him. Zitao shifts again, glancing at Joonmyun and looking down at his shoes.

“What is it?”  Joonmyun asks softly and Zitao bites his lip.

“I have something for you hyung.”

Joonmyun looks at him curiously and Zitao pulls his hand out of his pocket, keeping it closed but holding out towards Joonmyun. Curious, Joonmyun extends his hand and holds it open beneath Zitao’s. The younger boy opens his hand and slowly drops a light object into Joonmyun’s hand. When Joonmyun pulls his hand back to inspect the object he’s surprised when it’s a woven bracelet.

Threads of blue, red and black braided together tightly, the red making several intricate loops through the other two colors. Joonmyun looks at Zitao confused for a moment before the younger boy awkwardly fidgets again, slipping his sleeve further down his arm. Joonmyun still catches the brief flash of color on the other’s wrist and his stomach flips for a moment, feeling slightly jittery for no reason he can think of.

Without question Joonmyun holds his wrist out and smiles at Zitao. “Tie it on me?”

Zitao looks surprised for a moment before a wide smile breaks out on his face.

“Do you like it?”

Joonmyun nods, watching as Zitao carefully takes the bracelet from him, tying it carefully around his wrist. “Thank you.” Zitao just pulls him into another hug, Joonmyun gladly returns it.

-

Thank you for the comment zzzzAN