Chapter 06~

Holiday In Handcuffs

 

 

 


Chapter 06~

 

 

Kyuhyun woke up the next day with Sunny peering down his face; he shrieked and glared at the giggling woman,"What the hell?!" 


Sunny laughed at Kyuhyun's startled face and answered, " Sungmin sent me to wake you up.  We're leaving for the hill in another hour. Tobogganing, hell yeah!" She cheered before skipping out of the room leaving Kyuhyun to wonder just what the happened. 

 

 

"Where did that pipsqueak go?" Kyuhyun muttered seeing no sign of Sungmin anywhere.
                             

                         
He yawned sleepily and stumbled into the bathroom.  A pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pink sweater along with a thick towel and socks were kept near the basin. " Is this supposed to be for me?"  Kyuhyun scoffed; "I have to wear orange shorty's clothes. Splendid. "

 

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at his reflection in the mirror and sighed, as much as he hated to admit it, but last night had been so pleasant.  He'd been welcomed with open arms by Sungmin's family,  Mrs. Lee had fussed over him at dinner, making sure that Kyuhyun's plate was never empty. 


He'd eaten home food after such a long time; Mrs. Lee also pulled him aside after they had finished with dinner to ask about what Kyuhyun loved to eat. He had almost teared up at the pure affection that Sungmin's mother was showering him upon; he had received none of that from his own mother..

 

 

After making sure that the lock on the bathroom door was secure,  Kyuhyun striped off his office clothes and stepped into the shower, shivering deliciously as the warm water hit his cold skin.


He scrunched his nose at the strawberry shower gel kept on the windowsill;  no wonder Sungmin smelt so sweet. He shook his head disbelief, and squirted a dollop of the gel and closed his eyes gently; fingers massaging his scalp.

 

 


Maybe a few days staying here wouldn’t hurt. 

 

 


xxx

 


Sungmin cursed softly under his breath as a tiny egg shell fell into the bowl, sticking out his tongue in concentration, he tried removing the shell only to end up spilling half of the egg yolk onto the kitchen counter.

 

 


“Clumsy oaf.” Sunny mumbled under her breath and skipped out of the way as Sungmin turned in her direction furiously raising the bowl of egg yolks over her head.

 

 

“I’ll pour it over your head, you brat!” 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Sunny wailed and ran around the kitchen counter as Sungmin chased her.

All of a sudden, Kyuhyun entered into the kitchen dressed in Sungmin’s clothes- while ruffling his wet hair with his hand while the other held a pair of socks,“Sungmin I think these socks are too-”

 

 

Sungmin's eyes widened at the unexpected intrusion and failed to see the trickle of egg yolk on the floor and slid right down, landing on his and splashing his orange hair with the contents of the bowl.


“-little for my feet.” Kyuhyun finished and then gaped at the sight, a comically stretched Sungmin on the floor with egg-splashed orange hair, not knowing whether he should sympathize or laugh at the poor man.


Sunny laughed hysterically, pointing to her elder brother’s hair and clutching her tummy with the other hand,” You.. you fell over like a basket of rotten mangoes. AHAHHAHAH.”

 


Sungmin narrowed his eyes and glared,”Oh you shut up.”  

 

 

 

He placed his palms onto  the floor, in an attempt to raise himself up but luck was never on the side of clumsy Sungmin so he landed on his squishy again, causing Sunny to burst into fresh peals of laughter.


Kyuhyun eyed Sungmin in amusement as the latter struggled to get up but kept failing due to the slippery mess of egg yolk all over the kitchen. Sungmin pouted at him and Kyuhyun sighed.

 

 


Stretching his arms forward, Kyuhyun scooped Sungmin up by his armpits and steered him away from the hodgepodge. Mumbling a couple of words of gratitude, Sungmin shuffled past an amused Kyuhyun and conked Sunny over her head before rushing up to clean.

 


“Kyu Oppa,you want some fresh egg breakfast?” Sunny giggled while motioning towards the kitchen floor. 


And both of them burst into laughter. 

 

 

 xxx

 

 


“Sungminnie, I’m sowwiee.” Sunny cooed as she poked her sulking brother’s biceps. 

 

 

He couldn’t bare to face Kyuhyun after what happened in the morning, it was so embarrassing! So here he was, sulking in the comforts of the veranda, kinda enjoying the faint rays of the sun in the snowy weather.

 


Sungmin swatted away her arm and commented,”I really don’t like you right now.”


Seeing the look of dismay on Sunny’s face, he sighed,”Alright alright I forgive you brat. Don’t make that face anymore!”

 

 

 

“Minmin,lemme take care of your hair.” Sunny begged and pumped Sungmin’s arm up and down energetically. She punched the air in rejoice as Sungmin nodded and made a motion to stand up.


Sungmin knew that he could trust Sunny with fixing his hair, she was the proud owner of a hairstylist salon after all;so while she was willing to help he couldn’t say no.

 

 

“Where’s Kyuhyun though?” Sungmin asked suddenly as Sunny made ran her fingers through his hair, before spraying it with water. It had been a while since he'd seen Kyuhyun.

 


She snipped a part of Sungmin’s hair dexterously with her nimble fingers and answered,”Oh dad took him and Jae to the city to buy some grocery and extra mattresses.”

 

 

“WHAT?!” Sungmin shrieked and looked at Sunny in horror.

 

 

Kyuhyun was gone..

 

 

“Relax Minmin, it’s not like your boyfriend is gonna run away.” Sunny chuckled and tilted Sungmin’s head to the right and proceeded to snip off his hair.

 

Sungmin fidgeted nervously, Kyuhyun wouldn’t leave him and escape back home right?

 


Sunny shrugged at her brother's sudden moping and proceeded to take out a tube of hair dye from the drawer; as Sungmin fell silent in worry.

 


xxx


A good two hours had passed, that consisted of Sunny closely monitoring the time so that the dye wouldn’t be put on Sungmin’s head over time. 


She had just finished blow-drying her brother’s hair when Jaejoong called out to them,” Babe we’re back!”

 


Sungmin felt himself going cold at Jaejoong’s greeting, he chewed on his lips anxiously as he walked out of the kitchen slowly.


“That's just wow.” Jaejoong stared at his brother-in-law’s hairin amazement.

 


“Thank you babe.” Sunny smiled and pecked her husband’s lips before clinging onto his arms.

 

 


Sungmin timidly looked around and his heart sank when there wasn’t any sign of Kyuhyun anywhere.

 

The door suddenly burst open again, and Mr.Lee entered inside guffawing heartily followed closely by Kyuhyun holding onto large box of beer. 


“So that’s why one should never listen to- “ Kyuhyun’s words were left unsaid as his eyes landed on Sungmin. His jaws dropped at Sungmin’s new look. 

 

 

“Oh my God.”

 


Sungmin’s hair was neatly styled, with soft blond hair falling gently over his forehead, and his eyes lined with some eyeliner. 

 

 


“You look gorgeous.” left Kyuhyun’s lips as the two stared at each other.

 

 


[A/N]

I marked this as on hiatus but then I was browzing through my drafts and really felt like working on an update :3 I hope you still remember this fic orz

 Leave me some love <3  Upvote if you'd like.

Thank you for reading~ ^3^