Chapter 11~

Holiday In Handcuffs

 


 

Chapter 11~

 

 

"Sungmin!" Kyuhyun screamed as he found himself neck deep submerged into the freezing cold waters of the lake. Wild panic laced Kyuhyun's eyes he glanced all around him to search for the shorter man but Sungmin was no where to be found.

 

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth together as violent bursts of uncontrollable tremors attacked his entire being, he felt like a million of pins and needles pierced through his body. But this was not the time to worry about that. There were far greater concerns - he had to find Sungmin before it was too late, or else the lake might reform it's icy layer trapping them both under the deep, dark abyssal.

 

Sungmin had almost given up - his arms felt like molten lead, slowly weighing him down. His thick sweaters now drenched in ice cold water completely enervated his body. His system was silently shutting itself down, his mind too tired to fathom what was going on around him. Sungmin was ready to give up.

 

He chuckled to himself - just when he thought his year couldn't get any worse, he had hit a new kind of low. ing up his relationship with his boyfriend and then kidnapping himself a new one; lying to his parents about Kyuhyun. The karma scale had to tip down sometime right? Sungmin wished he could apologize to his parents for being such a disappointment.

Would his parents even miss him if he were to die right now? Would anyone miss him? Sure, they'll probably be sad about it for a while, but noone would miss him. Sungmin had nothing to offer, he didn't have a spouse, nor did he have any children. Maybe dying right now in this cold lake wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Self- deprecating seemingly weighed him down far more than anything and soon blackness surrounded his vision.

 

"Hold on, Sungmin. I'm coming to get you!" Kyuhyun whispered with panting breaths, he would have taken a minute to laugh about how Sungmin's bright blond hair stood out in the dark abyss of water but there were far greater concerns running through his mind. With firm, powerful Kyuhyun swam closer to where Sungmin was floating lifelessly. He forced himself to pushed down the feelings of fear and panic that threatened to lace his mind, Sungmin needed him and now was not the time to loose his head. 

 

Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin's shoulders firmly, "Sungmin, can you hear me? Sungmin please!"

Kyuhyun's heart gave away when he looked at Sungmin's normally full pink lips were now a deathly shade of black. Crystals of ice were starting to form over Sungmin's eyelashes, his fingernails had gone blue and his cold hair was now covered in frost. Kyuhyun knew he didn't have long before he lost Sungmin, he had to take action and he had to do it right now.

 

"I'm gonna kick your pretty little so hard when we get through this," Kyuhyun murmured after hooking his arm under Sungmin's armpits. Kyuhyun was already feeling drained out after spending several minutes into the icy cold water and then locating Sungmin but he knew he was their last chance at survival. With a firm grip around Sungmin's torso, Kyuhyun started moving towards the shore, praying that he was strong enough to make it.

 

Swimming while being saddled by an unconscious, fully grown man wasn't an easy thing to do - especially not when Kyuhyun felt his arms slowly loosing sensation. "No, no no no. This can't be h-happening," Kyuhyun cursed when he felt dark spots clouding his vision. He probably could have swam back to safety if he was alone but there was no way in hell he was leaving Sungmin behind.

 

"Please, please I'll d-do anything if you get us through this. Just send me a sign, anything!" He prayed to the snowy skies, "I'm so sorry Sungmin, I'm so sorry.."

 

With that darkness completely surrounded his vision and he fell limp over Sungmin's shoulder. Snow was falling fast upon them, and there wasn't a single soul around.

 

 



 

 

"Hey, Sunny don't you think Sungminn and Kyuhyun have been gone a long time?" Jaejoong asked his petite wife as they sat curled up on the couch, basking in the delicious warmth of the fireplace. Sunny simply hummed before pressing her nose into Jaejoong's warm neck.

 

"Do you think they're getting freaky outside?" Jaejoong commented with a sly smile. Sunny snorted.

 

There was no way her awkward little brother was getting down and dirty with his hostage 'boyfriend'.

"They haven't been gone that long have they?" Sunny asked her husband as they watched the firewood crackling in the fireplace. "Only like an hour I guess?"

 

Sunny shot up in alarm," An hour?! Seriously an hour? In this weather?"She demanded with a frown. Jaejoong shrugged.

 

"You don't think they're in some kind of trouble, do you?"

 

Jaejoong pulled Sunny into a comforting hug,"I hope Sungmin hasn't managed to kill Kyuhyun or something. Those two can be pretty intense."

 

"Jae, I'm serious. I don't have a good feeling about this," Sunny pouted with a worried frown etched over her face. "Do you want to go out to look for them?"

 

Seeing Sunny nodding her assent, Jaejoong stood up from the couch, "Alright, but we're wrapping you up in three sweaters or you'll have to stay behind."

 

Sunny rolled her eyes but agreed to her overprotective husbands demands, their parents had already settled in for the night- it was nearing midnight after all. Jaejoong took a solar lighted lamp with him as Sunny donned on her cozy, warm sweaters.

 

A cold blast of air assulted their face as they opened the door to the wooden cabin. Jaejoong bit his lip dubiously, "Maybe I should go alone? It is rather cold out here, Sun."

 

"Don't be a pansy, Jae. Come on, they might be in some serious trouble." Sunny scolded her husband as she jumped down the porch into the snow. The couple made their way down the path in quick steps with the light from the lamp guiding them down. 

 

After a couple of minutes of walking in silence, Sunny suddenly spoke out, "Hey I think I recognize this path! This was the way towards the lakehouse I told you about, Sungmin and I used to love spending all our summers here- swimming in the cool waters and in the winter- when the lake would freeze over completely, we would skate on the surface."

 

Jaejoong muttered," Do you think they could have gone there?"

 

"Oh no, Sungmin knows the lake doesn't freeze over until the first week of January. He absolutely wouldn't- " Sunny gasped as the realization of horror slowly descended upon her.

 

"ing hell, Jae."

 

Jaejoong turned towards Sunny hurriedly, " Sunny don't freak out babe, we have to be level headed in case they're in some sort of trouble. Why don't you go back to the house and -"

 

"Hell to the ing no, that's my brother you're talking about. I'm coming with you." Sunny glared at her husband, "you don't even know the correct path to the lakehouse, Jae. The last thing we need right now is for you to get lost in this snow storm."

 

Jaejoong and Sunny walked speedily into the snow, hoping to the heavens that they weren't too late.

 

"Sungmin! Sungmin!" Sunny screamed, her voice getting lost as the snow storm raged violently on. She gasped as a faint light greeted them as they reached the lake house.

 

"Kyuhyun?! Sungmin? Are you guys around?" Sunny screamed at the top of her lungs as she wildly glanced across the vast stretch of the lake. Jaejoong shook his head in regret and placed his arm on Sunny's shoulders.

"Sunny, I'm sorry -"

 

"No, it's not possible Jae don't even think about it." Tears of devastation pouring down her cheeks, Sunny sunk down to her knees.

 

Jaejoong wrapped his arm around his weeping wife and pulled her into a hug," There's ice along the lake as far as the eye can see Sunny, if Sungmin and Kyuhyun fell into the water- there's no way they'll be alive. The ice has reformed itself."

 

"No no no no no, this can't be happening." Sunny sobbed in anguish, "I can't loose my brother, I can't. We have to go down there and look Jaejoong, please we h-have to."

 

Jaejoong shook his head sadly, "You know we can't Sun, it's too risky. I can't let you go, especially since.."

 

Sunny sobbed wrapping her arm around her stomach, "Sungmin didn't know that I'm pregnant, I didn't get to tell him."

 

Jaejoong felt his eyes stinging with tears as he embraced his wife tightly, hoping that he could take away all of her pain. Sunny continued to weep as the storm raged around them, snow was falling down at a rapid rate.

 

A sudden creak in the direction of the lake house had Jaejoong snapping his neck upwards, he frowned as the door continued to creak and a small shadow of light seemingly came from the wooden lake house. Jaejoong turned towards his wife and said urgently," Sunny, I think they might be - "

 

Sunny's eyes widened and she grasped Jaejoong's hand tightly as she stood up. Praying to the heavens with all their might, the couple walked-  practically sprinted across the snow to reach the wooden door.

 

Tears of relief poured down her face as her eyes landed on the huddled form of Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Her brother was alive!

 

Kyuhyun had stripped both Sungmin and himself down to their boxers, throwing the wet clothes and sweaters to the opposite side of the lake house. Knowing sharing body heat would be the thing keeping them alive, Kyuhyun had absolutely no qualms about cuddling a still unconscious Sungmin.

 

He raised his neck tiredly from the warmth of Sungmin's neck to gaze at the source of noise, Kyuhyun didn't know how he managed to get both Sungmin and himself to safety.

 

"S-sunny."

 

"Kyuhyun, oh my goodness." Sunny cried as she rushed across the wooden floor and started removing her layer of sweaters. She placed her inner most sweater over Kyuhyun's bare body and murmured," How are you guys? Is Sungmin?"

 

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer to himself and wrapped the sweater around the both of them before saying," Sungmin is alive, his heartbeat is getting stronger now."

 

"I'm gonna kick my brother's five hundred ways to hell when he wakes up," Sunny muttered fiercely as she ran her fingers over the blonde mass of hair jutting from underneath Kyuhyun's arm.

 

Kyuhyun laughed," You have to get in line, I have dibs on kicking his first."

 

Sunny smiled as Jaejoong walked towards them, "Sunny, I'll head back towards the house and drive here okay? Will you be fine here?"

 

Sensing her husbands's unspoken question Sunny smiled, "Yes Jae, we both will be fine, hurry up okay? Don't do anything stupid."

 

Jaejoong peeled off his sweater and put it around his wife's shoulders. Crouching down to give her a chaste kiss he said," I'll be careful, you guys just stay put okay?"

 

After Jaejoong left, Sunny turned her eyes back towards her brother, "He looks really pale."

 

A melancholic expression came across Kyuhyun's face, "His heartbeat stopped you know? I had to perform CPR on him, Sunny. His lips were so damn cold. I thought I lost him, Sunny. I really did."

 

Sunny looked into Kyuhyun's eyes filling in with tears and murmured gently," You saved him Kyuhyun, he's still here, my brother might be a little harum-scarum but he's a born fighter. He'll get through this, I know he will."

 

Kyuhyun tightened his grip over the smaller man and buried his face into Sungmin's head, breathing in deeply as his body shook with the horrors of the night.

"I don't know what I would have done if I had lost him.I nearly did and it was so stupid, he's so stupid. But b-but .."

 

Sunny's eyes widened in surprise, "You're in love with him."

 

"Of course I love him, how could I not?"

 

"He's the most infuriating, annoying, scatter brained man I've ever met in my life but I wouldn't have him any other way," Kyuhyun spoke, his voice full of adoration.

 

"Does he know?" Sunny asked with a gentle smile.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head regretfully," He doesn't know and probably never will. Please Sunny, don't tell him I said anything."

 

Seeing Sunny opening to protest, Kyuhyun pleaded, "I don't want him to feel obligated to be with me, you know? Especially after tonight, Sungmin will hold himself responsible for everything that happened and I don't want him to feel compelled to do anything."

 

"I'm in love Sungmin- utterly, irrevocably and completely."

 


 

[A/N]

do you guys still remember this story? i hope you enjoyed reading this ~ 

it's been a long time since i updated and i don't know if you guys are still around hehe

lemme know what you think of the latest developments :p

 

love Ani