Chapter 05~

Holiday In Handcuffs

 


       Chapter 05~

 

 

“Dammit! Of course-no signal.” Kyuhyun hissed. How in the world would he be able to get out if this hell-hole-for-lunatics?
 


Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders lightly and answered,”Sorry mate, this place is quiet secluded too. I doubt there’ll be any signal out here.”
 




Kyuhyun muttered curses under his breath while turning the cellphone back to Jaejoong. “So you and Sungmin-shi huh?” Jaejoong quirked an eyebrow in mild interest.



“Yeah, you have a problem with that?” Kyuhyun scowled.


Wait a second, why was he becoming so agitated about defending that pipsqueak? Sungmin means nothing to him than being his harum-scarum kidnapper right?
 

 






Jaejoong shrugged good-naturedly,“Nah, Sungmin-shi is quiet an interesting person.. You wouldn't believe what he told me when Sunny and I started dating. He’s very fierce and protective about the people he loves.”


“Kyuhyun-ah!”




Both the men turned towards the new voice, Kyuhyun frowned seeing Sungmin’s bright face,”Dinner is ready, Kyuhyunnie! Come on.”

As Kyuhyun brushed past his shoulders, Sungmin jabbed a finger into Kyuhyun’s back and hissed,”Don’t say anything okay? Leave all the talking to me.”



“Sure short- ouch Sungmin!” Kyuhyun yelped as his loving 'boyfriend' pinched his thigh viciously at the endearment.

“Now be good and sit beside me.” Sungmin commanded him softly taking Kyuhyun’s elbows and directing him towards the dining table.

 


Over the table, a huge spread of delicious food was mounted- with mouth watering homely dishes of roasted potatoes, braised chicken, biscuits and gravy coupled with a wholesome chocolate pudding and gingerbread.
 

 

 



Kyuhyun gaped at the delicious aroma from the table, maybe this wasn’t so bad after all. Christmas for him usually meant a mug of coffee and a thick slice of bread.


His parents were never at home for the holidays- both of them traveled far and beyond all around the year. Kyuhyun was a lonely soul indeed, he had a couple of friends but he couldnt impose on them for Christmas.
 

 



Christmas meant family.

But his was always away- Kyuhyun thought bitterly. His eyes softened at the beaming cheerful face of Sungmin’s mother, he found himself smiling back softly at the woman.

 



“I hope you enjoy dinner tonight, Kyuhyun-ah. We have Sungmin’s favorites on the table tonight.” She smiled warmly scooping up a large portion of the chicken and placing it into a dazed Kyuhyun’s plate gently.
 


“Kyuhyun are you okay?” Sungmin whispered softly as Kyuhyun seemed to have quietened down all of a sudden.

Kyuhyun looked across the table full of happy smiles, affection and love- something he’d never experienced. He gazed back into Sungmin’s worried eyes and smiled,”Never been better.”

 

 

xxxx



“Mom, I think Kyuhyun and I are perfectly old enough to share a room for the night.” Sungmin argued while following his mother to the closet bringing out the blankets and pillows for the guests.


Sunny butted in,”Of course mom, it would be excitin-”


 

 


“Don’t you dare finish that sentence!” Sungmin threatened his sister who skipped out of the way cheekily.

Shoving couple of pillows and comforters into Sungmin’s arms, Mrs.Lee muttered,”Both of you go to bed early tonight okay? Tomorrow we’re going tobogganing.”

 

 



“Yeah so it would be really painful if either of you two have sore knees and butts.” Sunny cut in again cheekily..

“Sunny, get out of here before I cut your throat!”Sungmin yelled out furiously, feeling completely mortified at her suggestive words.

 

 


“Breakfast is at quarter to nine, Ming. Don’t be late! Maybe I should ask Kyuhyun to wake you up early cause you always oversleep.” Mrs.Lee rambled.
 



“Gosh you two, just leave me alone.” Sungmin whined before stomping off into the bedroom where he was supposed to sleep in with Kyuhyun.
 

 


“Kyuhyun, I have to tell you somethi-oh.”

 

 



Kyuhyun was fast asleep, his legs curled against his chest as he slept on the armchair. Sungmin giggled lightly seeing Kyuhyun’s open mouth and soft snores emitting from the handsome man.

 



Sungmin set up their bed as quickly as he possibly could, fluffing up the pillows and tucking the comforter and blankets into the bed. He tiptoed towards the sleeping male and poked Kyuhyun’s cold cheek gently.


“Kyuhyun, let’s sleep on the bed. Wake up, Kyu.” Sungmin whispered softly, smiling to himself seeing the normally stern and poised business man curled up into a small bundle of adorableness.

 

 


“W-what?” Kyuhyun spoke groggily.

 



Sungmin sighed before answering patiently,“The bed Kyuhyun.. Let’s sleep.”
 


“Okay.”
 

 


Sungmin gasped as Kyuhyun wound both of his arms around his waist sleepily and rested his cheek against Sungmin’s stomach.
 


Did his heart just skip a beat?