Chapter 01~

Holiday In Handcuffs

 


Chapter 01~

 

 

Sungmin squinted his eyes as the rays of the sun filtered through the windows, enveloping the living room with delicious warmth.



He groaned softly as the alarm clock incessantly shrilled in comparison to the soundless aura around his apartment. Sungmin stood up lazily and switched off the alarm clock, rubbing sleep from his eyes he proceeded to walk towards the bathroom only to grimace as yesterday night’s pizza squelched against his sock-clad foot.

“For the love of god!” He screamed as he hobbled on one foot to the bathroom.




The day started off like any other normal day, but lately that wasn't such a good thing for Sungmin. His boyfriend had broken up with him just a couple of days ago, citing- ‘they needed to take a break
That er.



Sungmin sighed as he applied orange dye to his hair carefully,after all he just wanted a slight tinge of color to his usually plain brown hair. He set the timer to two minutes, so that he could wash off the dye when it rang.



Tying a plastic sheet over his head, Sungmin walked into the kitchen, rummaging inside the refrigerator. He frowned noticing that the refrigerator was almost empty, with only chinese takeout from two days ago, stale bread and bananas that resembled a black mass.




“You eat what you get.” He shrugged lightly overturning the white box contents into a plate and shoving it inside the micro oven.

He groaned as his cellphone rang, goodness- his mother couldn't rest peacefully without calling her son every morning.



“Oh hey mom.” He mumbled into the phone trying to balance the phone between his cheek and shoulder.


 

 


“Sungmin dear, you do remember about coming to the guesthouse ?” His mother’s voice came through.

“Of course mom.” He scoffed while pulling off his gray sweatpants and throwing them carelessly over the cold wooden floor.


 



“Min, I was just going through the seating arrangements for dinner and your boyfriend is still accompanying you right?”




Sungmin groaned into the phone and shoving a forkful of noodles into his mouth he answered,”Mom!”

“I just want you to settle down, Ming. Sunny got married last year and look how happy she is with her husband! I just want to rest peacefully knowing that both my children are happy.”




Sungmin rolled his eyes, tossing the empty plate into the sink which was already cluttered with dirty utensils from a week ago and then spoke,” I know Mom. You neednt worry, he’s accompanying me.”


Sungmin. Your moronic boyfriend just broke up with you. What the hell did you just say?


 


“Lovely! Both of you be there at six’o clock this evening alright? Don’t you dare be late today, Sungmin. Eggnog is waiting for you.” She warned.

“Okay mom.”



 


“And please tell me you’re doing something with that hair of yours? The brown dye you had on has almost faded and your roots are showing-”


.” Sungmin yelled tossing the phone on to the couch and running towards the bathroom mirror.

 



No no no no no no no.” He moaned seeing the orange dye he’d applied spreading all over his hair, since he’d failed to wash it off within three minutes.


 


xxx
 

 


“Why do you have a beanie on your head, Min?” Hyukjae asked seeing Sungmin shuffle into the cafe with a eye-blinding shade of green, beanie covering his hair.


“Lee Sungmin, remove that hat right now, it’s unethical wear for our cafe.” Kangin scolded his employee while managing the cashier counter.




Sungmin sighed miserably and obeyed,” Yes boss. “



“What the did you do to your hair?!” Hyukjae burst out into laughter as Sungmin meekly removed the beanie to reveal bright orange hair.

Worst Christmas ever.” Sungmin growled punching Hyukjae’s shoulder as the blonde skinny man doubled over in laughter.


 



“Alright you two, start taking orders of the customers. No slacking during the rush hour.” Kangin commanded shooing both of his employee’s outside the counter.




“Man, this even beats last year when you had swollen cheeks and Rudolf’s nose.” Hyukjae shook his head in amusement tying the apron around his waist.

“Shut. Up.” Sungmin hissed sharply.




Last Christmas had been especially embarrassing when he’d got an allergic reaction to a moisturizing lotion, causing him to resemble Rudolf- the red nosed reindeer. How the hell was he to know that the cream had stupid macadamia nuts in it and he’s allergic to them? Ugh.



Putting on a wide smile over his lips, he strutted towards a family of four seated in the booth,” May I take your order please?”  

Sungmin gritted his teeth when a little girl pointed to his hair and asked in a high pitched voice,” Mommy why does that man look like a carrot?”

 

Sungmin just wanted to slam his head against the wall and scream.

 

 

 


Writing down their orders neatly, he rushed back to the kitchen and sighed softly as Hyukjae stood next to him with unconcealed worry.


“Oh come on, what’s bothering you so much Sungmin?” Hyukjae asked.

 



“Everything is going wrong Hyuk. Everything.” Sungmin lamented as he looked into the eyes of his sympathizing friend.

Clutching Sungmin by the shoulders, Hyukjae hurried on to say, “Hey hey hey. Don’t break down on me.”

 



Shrugging his best friend’s arms off his shoulder, Sungmin hissed,”I have nothing to offer Hyuk-no husband, no children, no job, absolutely nothing. I’m the black sheep of the family.”


“Sungmi-”

 



“No! For once in my life, I wanted to be the perfect son for my parents this christmas like how Sunny is, well she is a woman but- you get the point!” Sungmin hurriedly explained seeing Hyukjae giving him the look.



“You need to stop being so hard on yourself Sungmin-” Hyukjae started only to be cut off immediately by the hot-headed man.



“And the icing to the cake? My boyfriend asks for a ing break a week before we're to show up for Christmas. He said we need a break. What the hell does that even mean? That er."

 

 

"I didnt make the interview for that job cause I was stuck in traffic and my hair is orange! I got mocked on by a little girl. I just-”




“The orders are ready!”Ryeowook called out while placing the plates of delicious steaming food and a kettle of coffee onto the counter.


Hyukjae looked at Sungmin in sympathy as they collected the food orders and made way to outside to the diner.”We’ll talk later.” Sungmin murmured before swaying towards the table.

 


xxxx

 

“I will have your company shut down in a millisecond, Mr.Choi.” A handsome young man spoke with an aura of supremacy and poise.


Sungmin’s eyes widened hearing the smooth voice of cafe patrons speak.He was simply refilling cups of coffee around the cafe, when he couldn't help but overhear the gorgeous male talking over the phone. He wasnt nosy or anything!



“Oh believe me, you never ever want to cross Cho Kyuhyun’s path. Do you understand that?” The man barked into the phone. “You almost cost me the entire China deal you nitwit!”



 “Y-yes sir. We’re terribly sorry for the mistake.” came the meek response.



“Now send someone to guide me to your office within the next five minutes or you would wish you weren't alive.” He snarled before hanging up.



Kyuhyun gathered his coat furiously and strode outside the cafe with a scowl etched on his pretty face. His audi broke down in middle of practically nowhere, and Kyuhyun was forced to enter the cafe in hope of some warm coffee on that cold morning.



The gears in Sungmin’s head started functioning, and he shoved the coffee mug into Hyukjae’s arm and ripped off the apron and tossed it towards Kangin,”I have to rush home boss! See you later Hyukjae.”

 



“Happy holidays Sungmin~” Kangin called out after his harumscarum employee, hoping to God that the man wouldn’t get into anything crazy this christmas.
 

Hyukjae blinked seeing his clumsy best friend slamming his head against the transparent door, forgetting as usual that the door opened inside and not from the outside.

 



He shook his head in pity as Sungmin screamed an I’m-okay before scuttling outside the cafe.
 


xxxx

 



Kyuhyun received the shock of his life when an orange haired man donning an eye blinding pink sweater rushed towards him while swaying a quite frightful looking green beanie in his hands.


”Come with me.” Sungmin panted clutching Kyuhyun’s arm tightly earning a bewildered look from the young man.

 

 


“You nincompoop, dont ruin my thousand dollar suit!” Kyuhyun yelled trying to shake away the peculiar creature that latched onto his clothes.


N-nincompoop?! How dar-



“Did Mr.Choi send you?” Kyuhyun asked sharply.




Sungmin knew that whatever he was about to do would be the craziest thing he’s ever done. But you see, Lee Sungmin is infamous for his crazy impulsive ideas.

 

That brings him into a hell lot of trouble. But never mind about that.
 

 



“Yeah yeah sure. Get into the car.” Sungmin growled shoving Kyuhyun into his pink sedan forcefully.



“Easy there.” Kyuhyun protested, sliding into the seat with a grimace.


Sungmin drove the car carefully out of the parking lot into the frosted road.
“What’s your name?”



“You’re kidding right?” Kyuhyun retorted incredulously. Seeing Sungmin raise an eyebrow at him he sighed,”I cant believe Mr.Choi sent this dunce.”


“Just tell me already before I hit you with my nunchucks.”Sungmin threatened violently swaying the black weapon in one hand, the other being on the steering wheel.



“Cho Kyuhyun.”



“Well Cho Kyuhyun, meet your new boyfriend.”

 


 


 

Feed me some comments please?  :3