New and Old Friends

My Secret Love

Chapter 1 new and old friends


 


 

October 14th 2011; 10:22a.m.


 


 

It was a hot friday morning. A nasty hot friday morning. The sun was shining brightly, the sky was ocean blue and without any clouds in sight, people were enjoying themselves, Key was annoyed.

Annoyed that he had to go to university. Annoyed that he was the only one in his grade to repeat the year.

Everyone did pass. After the second exam session in june, most of the law students which Key was part of, had to take catch-up exams in september as last chance to pass the year.

He did pass constitutional law and some other subjects but not enough to pass the year. Therefor

he had to repeat the year. It's wasn't a bad thing. At the biginning of the year 2010 they were over 80 students, more than half of them gave up and did something diffrent, but Key, like the 44 others did stay.

So Key didn't have to be ashamed of himself. How could he even be focusing on his exams if he had family drama going on ?

His father, M. Kim, did once again divorce with his wife, Oh JiChang. Oh JiChang was Key's second step-mother. She and his father were old classmates,  JiChang was  payed attention to Key's father for he was 'poor'. Just like Key's father did never pay attention to his mother in middle school because she was from a rich family and somehow ended up together. History was repeating it's self once again with his father and step-mother.Two people who had nothing to do together ended up marrying. They've been together for 9 years. 9 years Key's father had been craving for . JiChang couldn't have children and she had something with her womb that made her not want to have ual relationships with Key's father. Though they did have a ual life the first 2 years. But JiChang couldn't handle the pain she got each time they did...it. So they divorced because of that and yet, they still lived like husband and wife. Key's father still wanted to live with her after marrying some other woman behinde her back. M.Kim told Key about this.

Keeping the secret was really a hard thing to do.


 

The new students started gathering in the great hall, all too exited to start a new life away from their parents, making experiences of their own in any possible way. A smile appeared on Key's face as he thought about the exitement of his new classmates. He was feeling the same  A year away from my parents. What made him even more happy was the fact that he had convinced an old friend to come to his university and study there. It was somebody he hadn't seen for ages, 10 years to be exact. Kang MinHyuk ! They resumed contact thanks to FaceBook.

Ever since Facebook was made, Key has been looking for that friend but never found him. It was in 2009 that he found a certain Kim MinHyeon, a boy who had the same name as one of Minhyuk's hyungs. It's not like he was the only one in Korea that had that name, but Key just wanted to believe that it was Minhyuk's hyung. So he send him a friend request and an email to ask him about Minhyuk. You mighy guess the rest now.


 

Minhyuk wouldn't be on campus until this afternoon, so Key dicided to come for the morning ceremony to see what his classmates looked like and he didn't really like what he saw. None of them were unattractive. He just didn't want to be friends with them. Tey were so fake somehow. It was than that a girl came up to him with a confused expression on her face.

"Excuse me ? Can you tell me what that guy just said  ? " she asked.

"He said that this bulding is the main bulding for all kind of law studies. We will have all our lectures here. Exept for the japanese ones. We'll be going in the science bulding for that."

"Thanks ! I wasn't listenling. Over here Taemin ! I'm here !" the girl waved towards a tall guy. He was as tall as Key but maybe a little bit shorter. He had, what most of the girls would say a 'baby face'. He had reddish brown hair, a mushroom like hair cut, a clear skin tone and a verry cute smile. Is he her boyfriend ?

The Taemin guy came over th them with a goofy smile.

"Here you are ! I thought I got lost again."

"Sometimes I forget what a baby you are"

"Yah ! Stop being mean to me in front of him !"

Not her boyfriend. Without noticing it, Key let out a small laugh earning Taemin and the girl's full attention.

"What are you laughing about ?" the girl asked.

"Sorry", Key started. " I thought at first that he was your boyfriend."

When Key said the word "Boyfriend" the girl looked at him with an amused face while Taemin looked like he was in pure horror.

"Me and Krystal ?! How scandalous !" Taemin said dramatically pointing at Krystal.

"And you still think he is my boyfriend ?" she asked.

"I assume you went to the same high school ?" asked Key.

"You're good ! Taemin and I were in the same high school. We've been in the same class for three years. We're like best friends right ?" said Krystal, as she turned towards Taemin with a lage smile.

"Best Friends right!!"

" Oh ! How rude of us ! We didn't introduce ourselves. I'm Jung SooJung Krystal. Please call me Krystal. I'm korean-americain."

"Americain ?! Awsome ! "Key was really suprised to meet a korean-americain girl.

"Must you incist on the fact that you're americain?" said Taemin with a hint of jealousy. He felt like she got all of Key's attention now. "I'm Lee Taemin. I like dancing and Banana Milk." he said using one of his specialities: aegyo !

"Was that an aegyo ? You are so cute Taemim !" Key went over to the boy and hugged him like no tomorrow.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help it. I'm Kim Kibum. But call me Key please." Krystal giggled at that.

"What is it" asked Key.

"Hhahaha. Sorry Key hahahaha. I-i'ts just Key in english means key."

"Well, isn't she smart?"

"Sorry."

"Hey," Taemin cut them "Don't you want to go starbucks or somewhere else than here ? It's borring here. Plus we've missed everything the boy just said about the campus." he pouted.

"Don't worry about that," said Key, "I know everything you need to know!"

"Really ?! Oh my god ! I knew it was a good idea to come over to you!" screamed Krystal and than hide her face in her hands as people started looking at her.

A tall boy, taller than Key and Taemin came towards them verry much annoyed.

"Can't you keep it down for God's shake ? There are people here who DO care about what the professor is saying !" said the boy with weird eyes, who eyed especially Key and Krystal. Key was about to snap at the boy but Krystal, faster, retoarted back.

"Than why don't you just ignore us ? You do realise that by your doing you're losing even more of what the man is saying?" that got the boy off guard. He didn't know what to say now.Taemin looked stressed. Key, proud of his new friends countattack smiled at her, which didn't went unnoticed by the weired-eyed looking boy who looked at him and finally made his way back to where he was.

"Can we go now? I don't want him to come nag at us again." said Taemin.

"Yes. Key ? "

"Let's go out side. I was waiting for a fri-"

"KIBUUUM !" yelled a boy who just entered the bulding waving towards Key.

"KIBUM !"

"Minhyuk, it was about time."

Krystal and Taemin looked at the boys direction and exchainged looks. The day wasn't even over yet, that they made themselves one friend and accordind to what it looked like, another one.

 

 

 

end of the first chapter.

The year is starting all fine for Key. Krystal and Teamin seems to be the perfekt fiends for him. Not to mentioned 

that Minhyuk is here too.

What did you think about Key and Krystal's 'confotation' with the other guy with weird eyes ? who could that be ?

we hope you liked chapter one :) xoxo

 .