Prologue

My Secret Love

Prologue


 

Key Pov

So this is my story. Right, I should introduce myself first.

Hello, my name is Kibum, Kim Kibum. I also go by Key since middle School. I was born september 23th 1991.

I was raised by my grandmother but she died when I turned 13. My mother died when I was 6 years old, so I hadn't enough time to spend with her. I was very attatched to her...  that day, when my grandmother told me that my mother passed away, a part of me died and made me to what I am now you could say.

It wasn't like we didn't expect it, she was extreamely ill.

As for my grandmother, she had a certain age so it's was kind of normal I guess but it still hurt like hell. I didn't see why I should live on if the two persons I loved the most in this world left me. But after sometime I got over it.

I still have my father though. But to be honest I never liked him. I mean, yes I do like him. Like a son should like his father and that's it. I don't feel attached to him. I could spend 10 years without seeing him and it wouldn't affect me in any way.

Yes, it is shocking but it's how things are for me. I'm not used to his presence you know. He wasn't always around when I was a kid, always travelling somewhere. You think that it's because of his work that he travelles so much ? I'd like to believe that ! Because guess what ? He doesn't work ! He 'never' did. Well not really : he was a pharmacian when I wasn't in this world. Four years after that he vent to Canada to become a Doctor. Things weren't as easy as he expected it so he came back a few years after, than I was born.

He worked in McDonal's for a year and than he stopped working. Usually he get's a job, says how great the job is, how much he's enjoying himself and a few weeks later, he starts complaining and quits.

We've moved a lot ! Like A LOT ! We usually stay 1 year in a town than we move to another place. All this is related to my father. When he finds a new job, the hole family must follow him and so on.


 

I live with my father and second step-mother in Daegu.

Yes, the second one. After my mother died, he married a friend of her, Lee Bo Na. I really liked her. I remember the first day I met her, I aske her if I could call her umma, and she was so happy about that ! Don't be to harsh on me ! My mother just died and I needed someone to ferfill that role. It wasn't the same with grandma...Whatever.

So Lee Bo Na and I were very close ! Even my grandmother liked her. She and my father have 3 children : a girl, the oldest YeSol and two boys, Hoon and SeoHoon.

Unfortunatelly, after 5 years of marriage, my father found that Bo Na didn't treat me as good as she did with her own children. He actually cheated on her and found that as an excuse to leave her. Since he was ( and still is )my father and I was only 12 at that time, I had to leave with him. That was the last time I ever saw my dongsaengs.

As for my love life...there is not much to say. I kindergarden I liked Vivi ( Victoria ) a korean-canadian girl. I never saw her after kindergarden. Why ? We moved to Busan -_-

Than here was this boy I had a crush on ( I like boys and girls ) Kang MinHyuk. He was so sweet ! So adorable. You know korean society and what they think about... about people who aren't 'normal'. At first, I didn't want to tell him because of what he will think of me but I just had to. It was torturing me, the constant skinship, the sweettalking ( we were in 4th grade ).

So I told him. He dind't freak out as I thought he would. But he was so sad. He looked at me with sad eyes and hugged me saying "I'm so sorry ! It's because of the way I treated you that you ended up loving me." He also said that he did not share those feelings. He only saw me as his best friend and want us to stay that way. I was glad that our friendship wasn't affected by this, but it hurt so much when he said that he didn't feel the same way. I've expected it of course...

And than, he did something I wouldn't have expected in my wildest dreams. He kissed me !

I still don't know if I should be happy or not about this...

But he just did. I was a chaste and innocent kiss. He looked me in the eyes and asked me, if it was my first kiss. I said yes. It was his first kiss too. He than said that even if he doesn't love me, I shall remember that I was his first kiss and he was mine.

It may be silly but somehow, I'm happy for this. I gave my first kiss to somebody I loved and even if that person didn't love me in a romantical way, he wanted me to remember that I, his best friend, am the one who he gave his first kiss to...Sweet of him.

We ( just me ) were awkward for a few days but everything went back to normal.Till 2 years later , when we movet to another city. I thought I would never see him again. I guess God didn't want to be too harsh on me and made us meet again in university kekeke.

After Minhyuk I had many girl crushes. Somehow for the same type of girls. Girls that were taken, much more older than me or just saw me as a friend. Not Lisa though.

Lisa was a foreing exchainge student from Germany. She liked me and I liked her back, but we weren't dating. I wanted to wait before 'confessing' to her, wihch anoyed the hole class, for they knew we liked eachother and acted as if both of us were oublivious of the other's feelings. We just were not ready. We never got officially together. Not because she had to go back to germany, oh no! I left before her .... thanks daddy !

Lisa was the last person I 'loved'. I thought I would never love anyone, until my second university year ( i had to repeat my first year again -_- )

And this is how I felt in love with a guy named Choi Minho.