five

I'll Fly (To Heaven)

"Jongin-ah, Jongin-ah, wake up." a familiar soft voice rang Jongin's ear.

 

Jongin grumbled before opening his eyes. He froze when he was met with his mother's beautiful black orbs.

 

"Jongin-ah, why are you looking at me like that? Wake up, or else you'll be late for school!"

 

"U-Umma?" Jongin gawked.

 

"Hyung, hurry up! Or else Appa will leave us behind!" a pouty Sehun appeared behind their mother.

 

That's odd, Sehun looked very young and was he that short? He had been ignoring Sehun's existence for a long time to even notice the younger.  

 

"Come on Jongin, get ready." his mother hands him his uniform.

 

After Jongin had changed, he left his shared room with Sehun and sees his mother sitting on the couch with Sehun, they were talking to each other cheerfully. They stopped and smiled brightly when they saw Jongin leaving his room.

 

"Finally you're done hyung! Come on! Appa and hyungs are waiting for us!" Sehun grabbed Jongin's arms and dragged him down the stairs.

 

However, because of Sehun's eagerness the younger boy missed a step and fell down the stairs. Jongin and their mom panicked before running towards the crying boy.

 

"Sehunnie, I've told you lots of time not to run!" their mom scolded the maknae sternly.

 

Sehun only sniffled in response as their mother treated Sehun's scraped knee. Jongin helped by placing a plaster on Sehun's wound. The mother and son helped the youngest of the family to stand up.

 

"It doesn't hurt anymore! Thank you Umma, hyung!" Sehun smiled brightly before running out of the house.

 

Their mother shook her head which chuckling softly, "Such a clumsy child."

 

Jongin nodded in agreement.

 

"That's why Jongin," his mother touched Jongin's shoulder, "You must look out for Sehun. He attracts too much trouble, and I trust you to protect him."

 

Jongin opened his eyes. He blinked for a couple more times before sitting up.

 

A dream...

 

He checked the time, he should get ready for school. Before Jongin entered the bathroom, he glanced at Sehun's room.

 

-

 

Sehun stared at the bottle of pills and a razor that he had placed neatly on this table. He didn't even sleep a wink. All he did was to sit on his chair, hugging his legs as he stared at the two objects that could help him end his life.

 

He wanted to jump off from a school's room at first, but he was too scared to do so since he's afraid of heights. Drowning? The thought of jumping into a deep water kinda scares him too. Hanging himself? Sehun shuddered at the thought - he has seen tv shows about people hanging themselves and it was pretty scary.

 

In conclusion, Sehun thinks he's a pathetic depressed boy who was too afraid to kill himself even though he so so so badly wanted to die.

 

Sehun grabbed the razor and positioned it above the wrist.

 

"You can do this Sehun, the pain will sooth you, just what they said." Sehun tried to persuade himself.

 

The cold blade touched his skin. Sehun was about to slit his wrist when suddenly the door to his room was opened and Sehun froze.

 

He immediately released the razor and waited till the intruder came in.He turned around and sees Jongin peeking in. Jongin sees the razor and bottle of pills on Sehun's table and furrowed his brows, looking at him suspiciously. Sehun quickly took a pen and acted he was writing something on his journal.

 

Jongin headed over to his side of the room before grabbing his uniform inside his closet. He glanced at Sehun before leaving the room.

 

Sehun sighed in relief. Well that was awkward. Such a close call...

 

"He must think I'm really pathetic now, trying to kill myself..." Sehun mumbled under his breath.

 

He sighed and laid on his bed. He think he should miss school today. He hadn't slept all night and now the tiredness is taking over him.

 

But he couldn't sleep. No matter how many times he turn, trying to get himself comfortable, he just can't. Sehun decided he might as well turn in work early. He needs to get his mind off things.

 

-

 

"I dreamt of Umma last night..." Jongin took a bite of his friend rice, chewing slowly before reminiscing his dream. His mother was beautiful.

 

"Really? You're so lucky!" Tao exclaimed, "What is it about?"

 

"It's nothing much really," Jongin lied, he knew if he brought something up about Sehun he'll bring the atmosphere down, "Just something about the past."

 

The others nodded and continued eating.

 

Jongin remembered of course.

 

He was always the last one to wake up and Sehun would be the one who would wait for him while the others are already in their father's car waiting to be send off to school. Guilt washed over him. He doesn't even know why he was suddenly feeling this way. He had a bad feeling, a very bad bad feeling that he couldn't shove off. Even though there was nothing wrong with Kyungsoo's cooking, he didn't have the appetite. Something was off, something not very good.

 

-

 

"Sehun-ah, it's late. Go pack up and go home." Sehun's manager patted the skinny boy's back.

 

Sehun nodded and thanked his manager before going into the changing room and changed into his casual clothes. It was close to ten in the evening. Even though he started working early today, one of their waiters last minute called in he was down with a  fever, hence Sehun had to fill in for his colleague, not that he mind.

 

Sehun leaves the cafe and the cold air hits his face. He shivered and rubbed his arms. He walked passed a dark street, wanting to reach home as soon as possible when suddenly somebody grabbed his hand and pulled him into a dark alley.

 

-

 

"DIE BAEKHYUN DIE MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" Chanyeol cackled as he smashed Baekhyun's character into pieces.

 

Baekhyun cursed when the screen went K.O and threw the controller away with Kyungsoo catching it. Chanyeol's phone vibrated. Upon seeing the caller id, Chanyeol ignored before asking who wanted to play with him next.

 

Kris decided to take the challenge and the two tallest brothers began their match. The other brothers watched them played. It was a Friday night, hence everybody crowded in Chanyeol and Baekhyun's room (where all the xbox and games are) and decided to play some video games. Chanyeol's phone vibrated for at least 3 times.

 

"Arent you going to pick up your phone?" Minseok asked the younger boy.

 

"Neh, it's from Sehun." Chanyeol said nonchalantly.

 

"Sehun? Pick it up hyung." Jongin ordered.

 

Chanyeol glanced at Jongin weirdly, "Why should I? I don't want to waste my time on him."

 

"What if he's in trouble?" Jongin added.

 

"Jongin's right, we should pick it up. He's still our brother." Tao chided, supporting Jongin.

 

"What's wrong with you guys?" Chanyeol paused the game, the atmosphere became stiff and tense, "Since when did you two cared anyway?"

 

"That doesn't matter hyung, just call him back!" Jongin raised his voice, annoyed at how stubborn his hyung can get.

 

"You call him then! I don't want to talk to him!" Chanyeol looked away, avoiding eye contact with the younger.

 

"Fine!" Jongin fished out his phone and dialled Sehun's number.

 

The first call went into voice mail. Jongin tried again. After 4 rings, somebody picked it up.

 

"Hello?" it was a female's voice.

 

"W-Who is this?" Jongin asked, did he get the wrong number?

 

"Are you the owner of this phone's guardian?"

 

"I'm his brother."

 

"The owner of this phone had an accident. The paramedics are currently carrying him into the ambulance."

 

Jongin dropped his phone.

 

 

so sorry for not updating for the past few days! had writer's block and i literally wrote one sentence per day and ended up writing so many paragraphs and chunk them all together. hence, this is not a very satisfying chapter. :c i'm very sorry if this is was rushed/confusing or whatever!

 

did i just end it with a cliffhanger ehehehe

 

or maybe not since

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY!!!!

 

i'm already writing the next chapter and should be done in a few mins/hours idk depending ehe