When Youngjae meets Haneul through his best friend

♡ CuteCupcake's Oneshot Request Shop ♡ CLOSED!
Please log in to read the full chapter

For JustCallMeA | Starring B.A.P's Yoo Youngjae | Angst

authorsnote; Thank you for requesting! :D I reworded your summary to one sentence for the sake of a title, I hope you don't mind. I hope this oneshot doesn't disappoint.

Many apologies for the lack of updating lately. I had my English exam on Wednesday and can I say that the exam was REALLY hard! >.<;; And I've been catching up like mad on my art work so updates will be coming slower D:<

 

"I can't believe it's our last day tomorrow." Youngjae sighed. "After tomorrow... college... It'll be such a big step."

Daehyun agreed, "I don't even think I'm ready for it yet. It seems so daunting even thinking about it." 

"Luckily we have a whole summer to accept this reality before actually going to college." "Are two months even enough time to prepare for the next step in our lives? I think not." Daehyun refuted.

"I still can't believe we're not going to the same colleges." Youngjae frowned. Daehyun nodded with a heavy sigh, "It's like yesterday I met you when we were 5. Look at us. We're 18." 

"13 years..." Youngjae looked to his best friend, "The best 13 years of my life. You're the greatest friend anyone could have, Daehyun." He smiled. 

Daehyun smugly grinned, "Do I sense some gay?" He joked. Youngjae made a face of disgust, "Are you freaking kidding me? You keep telling yourself that, Jung Daehyun." He snorted before walking off.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun?" He said, outraged. "Even if we're the same age, I'm technically still older! Have some respect, YOO YOUNGJAE!" He shouted before running after him.

--

After one more sleep, it was finally Daehyun and Youngjae's last day in high school. They attended the graduation ceremony alongside their parents, and both ran to their families once all formal procedures had come to a close and students were allowed to take photos.

"Mum, dad, I made it! I really made it!" Daehyun gleefully waved his diploma in the sky as he ran towards them. Youngjae did the same and earned even more praise for being the valedictorian of the year.

After taking many photos with their families and friends, the two met up in the centre of the grounds.

Mrs Jung came over, "Oh, Youngjae! I don't think you've taken a photo with Daehyun yet. I must have a photo of you two as fully grown men graduating high school. Say cheese!" She held her camera up and the two put their arms around each other's shoulders as they grinned brightly. The photo was taken and the two moved again.

"I'm going to miss you, bro." Daehyun hugged Youngjae, "It just won't be the same going to school without you. We've been in the same classes ever since we met when we were 5. Starting now, we won't be attending school together. Why in the world are you so smart that you got a full scholarship to Seoul National University? I don't even dream of getting into South Korea's best university." Daehyun shook his head.

"I'll still be around. Your university is still in Seoul, right? University of Seoul?" Youngjae asked. "Yeah." Daehyun confirmed.

"Exactly. It isn't like I won't be nearby. We can still hang. It's not like our friendship ends here, Daehyun." Youngjae patted his best friend on the back with a smile.

"Best friends. Forever." Daehyun stuck a hand out, and Youngjae smiled knowingly. He slapped his hand across to meet D

Please log in to read the full chapter