When Baekhyun writes a song for Nina

♡ CuteCupcake's Oneshot Request Shop ♡ CLOSED!
Please log in to read the full chapter

For ninakai | Starring EXO's Byun Baekhyun | Fluff

authorsnote; Virtual high-five for having the same bias in EXO-K ^^ I also apologise for the long delay ^^;;

* Credits for the Baby Don't Cry lyrics go to http://www.kpoplyrics.net/exo-baby-dont-cry-lyrics-english-romanized.html. I cut the rap because Baekhyun doesn't rap and that would be a little weird LOL The meaning isn't quite what I wanted but its a beautiful song and the title says it all, basically. Okay, enough talk from me. Enjoy♥

 

"Oppa~ Do you know what day it is today?" Nina beamed when she saw Baekhyun come into the classroom.

"Uh... Wednesday?" He asked. Nina's face automatically fell at his answer, "Wednesday...?" "The 20th?" He questioned. She frowned, "Yeah... yeah it is." She went back over to her desk, dejected. 

Baekhyun looked to his depressed girlfriend, Babo. Of course I wouldn't forget your birthday. I'm planning a surprise for you afterschool, so I'll pretend I forgot your birthday to put the capital 'S' in surprise. He secretly smiled and took out his books.

 

Once class finished, Baekhyun packed his bags and looked to Nina's desk to see that she had already left. He tilted his head to the side in confusion; Nina always waited for him so they could walk together. Is Nina mad at me? This surprise doesn't seem like such a great idea anymore... He scratched his head and walked out.

Nina sighed. "Why the long face, Nina?" D.O., her seat buddy for math, asked. She looked to him with a frown, "Baekhyun oppa forgot what day it is today." D.O. blinked, confused, "Wednesday the 19th?" Nina heaved a heavy sigh, "Yes, but no. Seems like you forgot, too, Kyungsoo oppa." Depressed even more, she took out her books and pens.

D.O. looked to her face, Maybe Baekhyun hyung's idea of a surprise for Nina isn't a good idea anymore...

--

Throughout the day, Nina went from depressed to confused to angry. How could Baekhyun oppa forget my birthday? He isn't the forgetful type like Yixing oppa. He should remember! I'm his girlfriend! She shook her head with a sigh. This is ridiculous.

Baekhyun tried to approach Nina many times during the school day, but she always shot him a hateful look and walked in the opposite direction. Baekhyun winced as he witnessed Nina's glare for the nth time today. Lay nudged him, "What's wrong with Nina? Is she mad at you?"

Baekhyun sighed, "Mad is an understatement." I need to do something to make it up to Nina. I don't think she'll take the surprise party too well anymore.

 

Baekhyun walked into his music class, the final lesson of the day.

"I trust everyone has gone home and thought about the sort of song they would like to produce for the assignment I briefly touched on at the end of last lesson. To refresh your minds, the task is to write lyrics for a song expressing any emotion of your choice. You cannot say what the emotion is; it should be made very clear in the lyric choice. You do not need to make it into an actual song - for example adding a melody, rhythm and so forth - but if desired, it may earn your extra points. Are there any questions regarding the task?" The teacher explained. There was a moment of silent before the teacher announced that everyone could start.

Baekhyun's face lit up with glee. That's it! I can write a song for Nina! He got out a pen and piece of paper and started writing. He wanted to play it to her on his guitar, so he had to figure out some basic chords to play as an accompaniment alongside his voice.

 

Baekhyun's music classed finished 2 hours later, and he had just about finished up his song. He quickly scanned back over his lyrics and played through the chords one more time briefly on his guitar before sm

Please log in to read the full chapter