Quiet Mountain

The Cruel

Key was suddenly awake. It was the sound that awoke him. Or the lack of sound. Usually when he slept there was always a noise of some kind. If he was at the dorm it would be the sound of the others sleeping or if it was the car then it would be the sound of the car’s engine. But never had he experienced such silence. He could hear his own heartbeat. Nervously, Key opened his blurry eyes. He was laying on something hard. When his sight cleared he realized it was daytime and that he was lying on the sidewalk of a road. He jumped to his feet quickly. How did he get here? He looked around. It was an abandoned town of some sort. The sky was over-cast and the streets were layered with a light fog that seemed to get heavier the further away you looked. Key couldn’t see more than 20 meters ahead at most. The air was surprisingly warm. “Where am I?” Key said out loud, not expecting an answer. He looked around, trying to figure out where this place was.
                                   ---------------------------------------------T_T--------------------------------------------
Minho gasped and sat bolt upright, his eyes wide and alert. It was daytime already? The last thing he remembered was that creature coming towards him and- where was Jonghyun? Minho looked around himself quickly, jumping up onto his feet. A few feet away Jonghyun lay face-down on the road. Minho rushed over. He shook Jonghyun’s shoulder, then pulled him so that Jonghyun was lying on his back. A large gash lined the side of his forehead, blood already making a path down the side of his face. Minho was worried. He shook Jonghyun awake. “Hyung!” He shook him harder. “Jonghyun!” Jonghyun groaned and scrunched up his eyes. Minho sighed, relief spreading through him. He pulled Jonghyun up so that his head was no longer on the road, as he supported his neck.
“What’s happening?” Jonghyun asked, still a little dazed.
“Open your eyes.” Minho said, not knowing how to explain. Jonghyun complied and opened his eyes to see the foggy air. He also noticed the dead-end road that they’d seen last night. It hadn’t been a dream. “Minho, look.” Jonghyun pointed to the edge of the cliff.
Minho turned around to see the bits of up-turned gravel from the edge of the road. He helped Jonghyun up and they both walked closer to take a better look at it since there was more light this time. They still couldn’t believe their eyes. Jonghyun remembered the reason that he’d passed out. “Minho, let’s get out of here, now.” Jonghyun picked up the two flashlights that were on the road. They were working again.
Minho walked as fast as Jonghyun’s pace would allow. He was still a little weak. He put his arm around Jonghyun to support him and also to get him moving faster. They kept their eyes alert for a road that they’d missed. There was nothing. No missed road at all. Could the driver have turned around at some point and come from the other side? Maybe he’d seen the dead-end and turned the car around to go back the way he came. Jonghyun put the incidents together in his head logically. That wouldn’t explain why he’d ran away, or what that thing was from last night.
Eventually Minho and Jonghyun could see the van, still parked in the road. The door was open. A bad feeling crept up their spines and Minho ran towards it, dragging Jonghyun along side. The van was empty.
“Where did they go?” Jonghyun voiced the unanswerable question.
They searched the car for anything useful. A clue maybe? If Onew, Key and Taemin had left to find help themselves, then why hadn’t they at least left a note? Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Couldn’t they have waited?
“They must’ve gone the other way.” Minho said, getting out of the van. There wasn’t much useful left in there. Jonghyun slid the van door closed.
“Let’s go.”
They walked along the foggy road until they came to a sign. Jonghyun squinted, trying to sound out the letters in his head.
“They’re in English.” Minho stated the obvious.
“I can’t read it.” Jonghyun said, giving up.
They carried on down the road until they got to a section of road that bended.
                                                -------------------------------------T_T-------------------------------------
Key walked further down the road. From the looks of it, it had been abandoned for years. He read all the signs on the shop windows carefully. Two words repeated often, Silent Hill. “Silent Hill.” Key said aloud, pronouncing each syllable. He shivered, how was there an English town right in the middle of Korea?
If he was right, the translation of silent hill was accurate. It really was quiet around here. Key carried on down the road, which was littered with cars that looked like they were made decades ago, until he came to a turn in the road. On one side the road carried on, on the other side was a school. A sudden movement caught Key’s eye. A little girl with dark hair ran into the school quickly.
“Wait!” Key shouted, then he realized that she wasn’t Korean.
Wait!” he shouted in English instead, then ran after her, through ‘Midwich elementary’s’ front door. Key froze as he got through the door. He was standing in a long hallway. He saw the little girl disappear around the corner.
Hey!” he shouted, but didn’t run after her this time. Should he follow her? Or leave? The latter was more appealing. The corridor looked creepier than any horror movie Key had ever seen. But how was he supposed to figure out how he’d ended up so far away from the van when the last thing he could remember was arguing with Onew. Key wished that Onew was with him now. Or Jonghyun or Minho or Taemin! But Key had to get over his fears and do this himself. He’d be brave, just so that he could get out of there as fast as possible. So he carried on down the school corridor, slowly. He wanted to get this over with but his shaking legs wouldn’t let him go any faster just yet.
Key eventually rounded the corner, just in time to see the little girl run through a door at the end of the next corridor. Key walked towards the door, this time with more urgency. Then he realized that she’d gone into the girl’s bathroom. Key wasn’t sure what to do. Was he allowed to go in? Had she been running away because she needed the bathroom badly or because she was hiding away from him?
Key knocked on the door. “Hello?” He said in English. Hoping that she could understand it. ‘I hope she’s not Italian.’ Key thought to himself. There was no response. He knocked again. Then he heard a faint sound coming from the other side of the door. Was she crying? Key felt bad. He opened the door slowly.
Don’t cry.” He said in a soft voice. “I won’t hurt you.” Key opened the door more and walked inside. The girl was crying in one of the stalls. Key looked around. The bathroom was so old and messed up he wondered if the plumbing was even still working.
Don’t be scared.” Key said with a slight accent. The girl only sobbed louder. Key felt bad again. What if she was lost like him? She was probably as scared as he was, if not more so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:I'd like to thank everyone who's subscribed and commented so far ^.^ I have a special weakness for comment's (they keep me going) so comment more! lol

For those of you who're not familiar with Silent Hill.. you don't have to be to read this xD but i'll link a video that I upploaded of 'mood setting' so you guys can get an idea of where the boys are headed (it was edited for the scariest sounds so ignore most of the animations.)

MOOD SETTING    [it's not music. only scary sounds (best with earphones and in a dark room) xD]