CHAPTER FOUR

ROYAL

 12 pretty princes standing in a line. They couldn’t feel anything. They did what they were told. Where the faculties of the skull no longer admit the worms of the senses.

 

1 A.M 439 J&B STUDIO, MYEONGDONG -- TAO

 

I am only renting a studio. I had escaped exactly 1 month ago and had to adjust myself to staying here. I even purchased clothes youth would wear and had practiced to talk informally. It does not matter that that she does not recognize me right now. What is important is that I do not have a plan yet and how I am supposed to tell her who I am.

 

x

 

I woke up screaming. I shouldn’t had woken up. I should had stayed asleep. Never mind, I need water. My throat feels dry. My hands are still sweaty from the dream. I took water out from the fridge and pour water into a glass and walked back to my room to check my phone. 1 a.m. I sighed. It’s too early. My lights are still off. It’s a waste of energy so I never turn them on. I love the dark. I looked back at my phone. That stranger is still my lock screen. I smile. It’s not like I haven’t smiled in a long time, I have to smile at the customers all the time. It’s been a while since I smiled for real about something else.

Why does he seem familiar? Like I’ve known him for a long time but we met only today. I looked at the picture of him on my phone again. He’s wearing expensive brands. Is he rich? I think I am qualified to be curious about him because he's a random stranger and he’s strangely familiar but I had only met him today. A stranger. A stranger had asked me if my noodles were poisoned. Strange. But he was somehow charming. I can tell he’s not planning to murder me or ually abuse me. I’ve seen those pitch black eyes once before. I am not sure of it but that’s alright.

I look at his contact profile again. Tao? From China? I can see he’s practically fluent like I am. His grammar sounds like he’s trying to be informal. Maybe he is rich. He still seems childish. He put his name as “Tao oppa”. I don’t even know know his age. He doesn’t look younger or older. I decided that I should meet with him again someday so I can kill my curiosity. Would it be bad to make a friend? We don’t have to be close. I might just end up hurting myself by making a friend. Anyways it’s my first night of my one month off of work. I should go back to sleep.

 

x

 

It’s bright. But the white curtains dimmed the sunlight. I sat up in my bed and slipped my feet into my slippers, looked up to walk to the kitch-

HOLD ON

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief.

H-HOW

W-WHAT

 

TAO IS SITTING ON THE COUNTER IN MY KITCHEN.

TAO IS IN MY APARTMENT.

Me: TAO?!?!??!!!

Tao:  Does no one say good morning anymore?

Me: WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE HOW DID YOU-

 

Tao shrugged his shoulders.

 

Tao: I do not know. You tell me. Why am I here Kyu?

Me: THIS IS ILLEG- Wait.

 

Tao jumped off the counter with a smirk and had placed his mug in the sink and dived onto the couch. Me, still standing in the kitchen, still shocked, looking at his mug. Green tea. The same way I would make it. The EXACT same way. But the mug he used was not mine. Nor was it his. It belonged t-

 

I ran over to Tao.

Me: TAO.

Tao: Yes.

Me: W-Who are y-

Tao: You already know who I am.

 

I didn’t know if I was standing up straight or tumbling and falling in the infinite planet of space; I felt nothing, I was nothing. This is impossible.

 

 

x

 


 

 yoyoyo~ heres my update!! I like where this is going so far. I'm glad you like it so far!!

Remember to comment~~~~!

I'll see you guys soon.

--Kyu