A Spring in 2005

Who's That Boy?

Dara POV - In the Bar

"Oh my God, unnie....you seem drunk," I looked at Gummy unnie with confuse. Gummy unnie really likes to drink! I thought. 

"Ah, I'm not, Dara-ya, I'm just drinking a little," said her, before drinking one shot again. "You guys, have you got a boy already?"

Bom shook her head. I do the same thing. "Our dating ban has just finished. We can't immediately find a boy after that."

Gummy sighed. "Do you have someone on your mind, Dara-ya? Or should I introduce someone to you?"

I flustered. "Ah..my ideal type is still Won Bin hahaha. I also like Kang Dongwon, but right now I like working more than dating."

"How about you, Bommie? I saw you were staring seriously when Bigbang is on stage. I think, you have someone in your mind." said Gummy unnie.

Bom is a little drunk, I think. "Umm.....aniyo."

"Bommie-yaaa, be honest. I know from your face, you have someone! Do you have a crush lately? Or long-time-crush?" I chuckled and poked her.

Suddenly, her gaze changed. She putted down her shot, and stared me, then Gummy unnie. Then she sighed and stared the moon.

"What's wrong, Bom? Oh, I know you were thinking something. C'mon, share it!" I keep convincing her.

Bom turned her head to me. "I'll tell you something, but Dara, Gummy unnie, would you keep this as a secret?"

"Of course! Tell us!" Gummy unnie looks interested. She lifted her head to the front, ready to hear Bom's story.

"Yeah, yeah, ppali tell us Bommie-yaa!" I stared at her curiously.

"Okay, okay," Bom fixed her position. "That was about eight years ago....."

 

BOM POV - Spring, 2005 (flashback)

Today, maybe is the doomsday. At least, for me.

YG is always be my dream. Even since I heard them on 1996, heard Jinusean's song, 1TYM's song, and also when Gummy unnie signed a contract with YG at 2003, I already have a big desire to enter the company. Since that, I always practiced hard and even forgot my other work. My mom says YG took my mind, but I don't care. I just want to enter YG, and do the best inside.

But, maybe it's only a dream. Today, I can see the sky is falling over me. The brown envelope I'm holding right now---is like a knife that stabbed me, stabbed me until I lost all of my blood.

I opened the envelope---the third times since I got it this morning. Inside the envelope, there is a white paper, with a long sentences, but all of the sentences aint important, except the biggest sentence: 

SORRY, YOU FAILED TO ENTER YG ENTERTAINMENT

I tore the paper into pieces, and do the same thing to the brown envelope. Then I throw the pieces to the air, letting the wind flew the pieces into unknown places. What should I do now? Mom would be happy to know if I succeeded to enter YG, but now? I feel like useless daughter.

I don't want to go home right now. I just want to walk around---walk somewhere far. My mind is really blown right now.

"AAAAAH!!!!" I screamed as loud as I can. That's fine, there's nobody around, and I can express my despair here.

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" I screamed again.

Then I squatted. Sweats come all over my body. My throat hurts from screaming that loud. And I can feel that my tears are flowing.

"Whyy...? Why did this happened to me?" I cried. I covered my face with my hands, trying to stop the tears, but it won't stop. "WHY? WHY?!"

BRUKK!!

"Oh! Oh! I'm sorry!"

When I opened my eyes, I found out that I wasn't squatting anymore, but lying on the street. Someone bumped into me when I was crying.

"Are you okay?"

A boy, with cap on his left hand, and his right hand towards me. I tried to stood up, with annoyed face. Where is his eyes?!, I cursed.

"I'm sorry. This cap flew away because of the strong wind, and when I tried to catch it....I bump into you. I'm sorry," he bowed. His face really looked like he's regretting it.

"That's fine," I tried to smile. "I'm okay. Be careful next time!"

"O-okay," he answered. Then he looked my face, and showed a shocked face. "Are you crying?"

"Ah, no!" suddenly I feel embarrassed. I searched my pocket to find my handkerchief. Gosh, where is that thing?!

"Here," he gave me his hanky. He smiled---I don't know the smile was to making fun of me or not.

"Aigoo, thank you," I took his hanky, and wiped my tears. That was embarrassing, anyway!!

"Why are you crying?" asked him, while putting on his cap.

"Ah, it's nothing," I gave his hanky. "Thank you."

"Just keep it," he refused. "But tell me why are you crying."

What did he said? Who is he----forced me to tell him why I'm crying? What a rude boy!, I cursed.

"That's secret," I tried to sound cool while turned my body. Fail. 

"So...I guess you're rejected from YG?" he smirked and chuckled.

What did he just said?

"I saw you this morning in front of YG Entertainment. Your expression were so bright, full of hope. And now, you looks frustated. That's why, I'm assuming you got rejected from the company."

I turned my body again. He is smiling mischievously. Ah, he got me!

"How....how did you know?" I stammered. 

"Well, because I'm YG trainee, so I know it," he looked at me mischievously.

"Jinjjaaaa?!" my eyes widened. How can that boy----is a YG trainee?! And why is the timing isn't right, really.

"I swear I am," he nodded. "Is it your first time applying to YG?"

"Yeah," I answered.

"Pft, you just got rejected once and you were crying hardly. I got rejected thousand times before I finally got accepted, you know!" he looked at me with underestimating look.

"I...I am not!" I shouted. I feel like my tears is about to burst again. Today I got rejected, then an unknown boy---and it's obvious that he's younger than me, taunted me. What a terrible day.

He nodded with certainty. "Yes, you are. And you shouldn't do that! YG won't accept someone who give up easily. I know you were going to give up after this, because you don't want to get rejected again. That's a loser!"

I startled. "How can you assume that?! Today is our first time meeting and you're mocking me! I'm not going to give up, you know!"

"I'm not mocking you. I just telling you, that YG is harder than you think. You cried because you got rejected once? Thats nothing compared to the training days here. I ever got worse than you got." his expression changed. He looked so frustated, maybe because he remembered his trainee days? I don't know.

Somehow, I feel like I gained some strength. Is it because of his words? Or, did I just woke up from my nightmare?

"I won't give up!" I determined. "I'm going to enter YG, no matter what happens! I will prove to you, to YG, and to myself that I'm not a loser! Just wait!" 

He smiled.

"That's good. All you have to do is determine and practice hard! Then you'll achieve everything, noona."

Suddenly, that boy doesn't looked like a boy-that-looks-like-devil again in my eyes. His gaze looked mature. And his smile is full of painful, yet looked sincere. For the first time, Bom is defeated by a little boy!

"Thanks for your support! Yeah, I'll go inside YG again and they should auditioned me again. I will prove that they're wrong because they rejected me. And I'll be a trainee too soon, just like you. I promise!" I said with smile, yeah, a real smile this time.

"Oh really? Then, I'll wait you until you become a trainee. Let's see how much you develop because of what I said," he chuckled. "Anyway, noona, may I know your name? So I'll know if you already entered YG," he said that with mehrong(tongue out).

This boy, really, I cannot win against him, I think. "It's not because of what you said," I said, mehrong too. "My name is Bom."

"Huh? Spring?" (note: Bom means Spring in Korean)

"I was born on spring," I chuckled. "So my parents gave me that name. Park Bom, if you want to know my full name."

"Arasseo. Oh dang!" he realized something. "My friend is waiting me! How can I forgot? Ppabo! Spring girl, see you later and good luck!" he ran as fast as he can, back to YG.

I waved to him, although maybe he didn't see it. Spring girl, I like how he called me. I really can't wait until I entered YG for real, and meet him....who? Aaah ppabo! How can I didn't ask his name?! He already asked my name, but I don't know his name. You're so stupid! I pulled my hair.

Well, there is still a chance. As long as I can enter YG, there is a possibility to meet him. I just have to search for a mischievous boy, tall, with mature gaze and sincere smile.....wait, what is that?

He dropped his cap!

I took that red cap. Yeah, this is his cap. How can he dropped it? He's also careless, I think. Now, should I go to YG building, search that boy and return his cap?

No.

I'll keep his cap----oh yeah, along with his handkerchief too. I'll return them, when I become YG trainee--no, when I debuted under YG, become successful, then I'll return them to him, the one who called me 'Spring girl'.