Running

Highschool Horrors

He was beyond freaked out. How in the world could people just disappear out of thin air? Watching BaekHyun and Chanyeol search the room for KyungSoo, Kai ran his fingers through his hair and looked around nervously. He didn't want to be the next one to disappear though, so going inside the room, Kai brought his phone out of his pocket. "I'm going to call around. See who is still left..." Kai announced to the other two who were looking for trap doors. ChanYeol nodded gently towards him and then grabbed BaekHyun's hand so that they wouldn't get separated and dragged him over to where Kai was. "I think we should all try calling. Maybe one of us can get in contact?" Chanyeol suggested, pulling his phone out with his hand that wasn't holding onto BaekHyun's.

Nodding in agreement, Kai started going through his phone contacts. There was no use in calling people outside of the school. It's not like the cops could do anything. What were they going to say? My friends were kidnapped by ghosts and we're stuck inside the school? Yeah, the cops would definitely believe them. If anything they'd get in trouble for running around the school after hours. So, going through his phone, Kai tried calling those who disappeared first. Xiumin, Sehun, Lay, Chen, and then Kyungsoo. All 5 had that weird squealing noise on the other side of the phone. Next he tried Suho and Kai frowned deeply with slightly watery eyes when he heard that same squealing sound coming from Suho's phone. "Suho too..." Kai said, hanging the phone up and then trying Luhan. Maybe Luhan survived? Nope, same squealing.

Cursing loudly, Kai wanted to just throw his phone. What if they were the only three left? Who would be next? What would happen if they all disappeared? This fear was crippling. He couldn't even bring himself to call Kris's phone. What if that same squealing noise was there for Kris and Tao? He couldn't bring himself to confirm whether they were gone or not. Luckily, Baekhyun managed to call first and jumped in excitement at the result of the phone call. "It's ringing!" Baekhyun said excited and then wiggled a little waiting for Kris to answer the phone.

"Wha? Kris slow down I can't....WHAT?! Omo we'll be right there! DONT DISAPPEAR!" Baekhyun exclaimed, instantly hanging up the phone and starting to dart out of the room. "What? What happened?" Kai asked, following the two who were STILL holding hands. Why didn't HE get to hold anyone's hand? What if he disappeared so suddenly like Chen and Lay did? They'd just barely gotten out of eye sight and then POOF gone. What if they didn't look back long enough and he suddenly disappeared?

"Tao collapsed in the bathroom upstairs." Baekhyun managed to say while running quickly ahead of them. With that news, the other two boys quickened their pace and Chanyeol slipped his hand out of Baekhyun's so that they could all run at their top speeds. It didn’t take the trio long to get to the familiar steps that lead upstairs. They then took the steps two and three at a time, flying up to the second floor and then heading straight towards the bathroom Kris said they were in.

Throwing the door open, Kai was the first one in the room and the three instantly knelt down next to Tao who was still lying unconscious on the ground. “He hasn’t woken up?” Baekhyun asked, wiggling in between the two tallest males in the room so he could get a better look at Tao. Not that Baekhyun had any more medical knowledge than the rest of them. His momma instincts simply kicked in and he wanted to get closer to their unconscious friend.

Kris was holding into Tao’s hand though, shaking his head gently as he looked towards the others. “I thought he would by now…but he hasn’t…” He then looked towards Kai, confused as to why he was there with BaekHyun and Chanyeol. “Where are the others? Kyungsoo? Chen and Lay?” he asked, knowing full well who had been with who when they all left the room before. “Gone…” Kai simply said, averting his eyes and looking towards Tao. “They disappeared in thin air.” Chanyeol confirmed, casting a wary look towards Kris.

Disappeared?” Kris asked, eyes wide as he stared at the three newcomers. “Yeah, we’re the last ones…” Baekhyun chimed in, pressing some of Tao’s hair away from his face. Seconds later the tiny male popped up and walked over to the sink where he got some paper towels, wet them, and then brought them back. “Give him some air…” Baekhyun said, casting Chanyeol and Kai a look moreso than Kris. Chanyeol’s eyes never left Baekhyun as he walked over to the sink, afraid he’d disappear just like Kyungsoo had.

Maybe it’s like those angels…” Kai suddenly said, looking at the others. “Angels?” Kris asked in English, almost glaring at Kai. “Angels wouldn’t do this. Aren’t they supposed to be good?” Kris added onto his confused one worded question. “I saw this show where stone angels can move around freely whenever you’re not looking. If they touch you then you get teleported to a different time…” Kai said, trying to defend his sudden statement.

Are you talking about Doctor Who?” Chanyeol asked, a nervous laugh coming from him. Kai then nodded, only to be hit by Baekhyun who reminded everyone to get back and let Tao breathe. Baekhyun then put the wet paper towels on Tao’s face while Chanyeol and Kai went back to talking about the ‘angels’. “That’s stupid though Kai, the angels are just fictional creatures in a show...” Chanyeol said, his eyes darting around the small bathroom. With all the people in here no one would disappear now, right? “I’m just trying to figure this out Chanyeol. You don’t have to call me stupid” Kai said bitterly, his hands balled into small fists. He hated when people called him stupid.

I didn’t call YOU stupid. I just said THAT was stupid. But maybe you are stupid for assuming I just called you stupid!” Chanyeol wasn’t usually one to snap like this, however with everyone disappearing and then Kai snapping like that, he couldn’t help it. “Don’t call me stupid, Park Chanyeol!” Kai said, moving to grab ChanYeol’s shirt and pull him closer. Chanyeol wasn’t intimidated though. He was only a couple centimeters taller than Kai, but it was enough of an advantage to keep him unyielding.

Will you two cut it out?!” An angry voice came from the floor, causing both Kai and Chanyeol to look over to the trio on the floor and then move away from eachother. “Sorry…” Kai said, moving down the bathroom some to get away from ChanYeol. Sure, he didn’t want to disappear, but he also didn’t feel like being close to someone calling him stupid. There weren’t any better options at this point. Ghosts and wheeping angels were both perfectly plausible options. Right?