Windows

Highschool Horrors

Walking down the hallways with his hands stuffed in his pockets and a curious expression on his face, Kai was sandwiched between Lay and Chen. The boys had broken up into groups of two and three to try and find where Sehun and Xiumin had gone off to. A couple of the guys had suggested Tao just run around, spreading his scent and Sehun would manage to latch himself onto the younger boy, however the idea was quickly laughed off and the boys went on their search. Kai wasn't too concerned about the two though. He figured they found somewhere private to hole up. Either that or they managed to find a way out of the school. The idea had crossed Kai's mind that maybe those two had locked everyone inside, but then he realized that Tao and Kris tried to get out first and then came back not too long after Xiumin and Sehun left. Surely the duo couldn't have moved faster than their friendly giants, right?

"Are there any windows in the school that open?" Chen asked thoughtfully, obviously more concerned about escape than finding their friends. "Dunno" Kai said, picking at his nail a little and looking through each window into the classrooms as they passed. He DEFINITELY didn't want to find the two in a compromising position though, so looking quickly, Kai's eyes quickly moved from window to window. "Do you think that they tried the exit from the cafeteria?" Lay added, looking towards Kai and Chen to his right. Kai simply let out a short laugh and said, "I think BaekHyun and his group are planning on checking there first..." Those kids seemed to be forever hungry. To be honest though, he was kind of hungry too. "Lets check the teacher's lounge?" He suggested, rubbing his stomach a little. "If anything we can get a snack out of it. You have a few spare won, right Lay?" Both Chen and Kai then looked at Lay as he slowed his pace to check his wallet and then nodded. "Mmhm six of them." Kai then smiled wide and said "Goooooood" Before slapping his hands together and then wrapped his arms happily around Chen and Lay's shoulders, causing the two on either side of him to have to bend a little before they pushed him off.

Continuing to look through the windows into the schools while they headed to the teacher’s lounge, Kai suddenly saw something in the corner of a room. “Hmm? Wait guys…” He said, grabbing onto the collar of Chen’s shirt and then headed towards the classroom. “What?” Both Chen and Lay asked, following Kai to the room and looking in through the windows. “I thought I saw something move in there.” Kai said before rattling the doorknob some, trying to open the room. “Well?” Chen asked when Kai let go of the handle quickly. “It was freezing cold!” Kai said, moving to grab Chen’s hand to force him to touch it, only for the other male to stop him and pull away quickly.

Chen and Kai had been too busy to notice that Lay went quiet. It wasn’t until Kai went to go and grab Lay’s hand to get him to open the door that he realized Lay wasn’t there anymore. “Lay?” Kai called out, turning around to see where he’d gone to. “Lay! Where did you go?” Kai called again, looking around frantically. “Probably ran off with your snack money” Chen said with a laugh and nudged Kai so frowned back at him and nudged back. “C’mon. He probably did run off to spend all that money.

Forgetting about the movement in the room, Chen and Kai continued along their way, peeking in windows as they went to look now not only for Xiumin and Sehun, but now Lay as well. “You better not jump out and try to scare us babo!” Kai called out for his friend, still with no answer. “That’s so unlike him…” Chen said, looking towards Kai with worried eyes. “You’re right. You know. He probably got a text from Xiumin and they all ran off to have a or something.” Kai said trying to lighten the mood and nudged Chen. “Try calling them?” Kai asked Chen and watched as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Lay’s number.

What the…” Chen said, pulling the phone away from his ear quickly. Nothing but a loud squealing noise came from the other side of the phone. It was different from when they called Xiumin and Sehun though. Quick to hang up his phone, Chen stuffed his phone and hands into his jacket pockets and then nodded towards Kai. “You try?” Kai then pulled his phone out and dialed Lay’s number, this time it going straight to voicemail. Huffing a little, Kai hung up and tried Sehun and Xiumin’s phones. Both of the squealed like when Chen had tried Lay’s number.

Wahhh so weird!” Kai exclaimed, quickly hanging up the phone after the second squeal he’d heard from calling Sehun’s number. “Should we let the others know?” Kai asked Chen who simply shrugged a little then nodded his head a little and pointed ahead. “Look. The teacher lounge’s door is open. Maybe Lay and the others are in there?” Chen asked, causing Kai to huff again and slap his back.

They better not be eating my snacks! C’mon!” Kai said before then rushing off into the room and leaving Chen behind. It wasn’t until he was inside the empty staff lounge that he suddenly realized he was alone. No Lay. No Xiumin. No Sehun. “Chen? They’re not here…” Kai said, moving to peek outside the room, only to realize that Chen wasn’t out there either. “Th-This isn’t funny guys!” Kai called out to the others and then walked a few steps down the hallway before then flat out running to the cafeteria where he knew BaekHyun’s group would be. No way was he searching alone now!