Hallways

Highschool Horrors

The five stayed close together as they went down to the main floor and towards the gym. Keeping their eyes relatively straight, the small group avoided looking inside windows in case they’d see ghosts or something else creepy. Finally getting to the gym, Kai pushed the doors open with ease and looked around the dimly lit room. “Aren’t there lights in here?” Kai asked, feeling around the wall and finally finding a switch. Flipping the switch, Kai frowned when nothing happened. “I guess not.” Kris said in response to Kai, a sarcastic laugh following. Kai simply cut him a look and ventured into the dark room, leading the way to the doors in the back that would lead to a hallway that split two different ways.

Lets hope this way is open…” Chanyeol said, clinging close to Baekhyun as they opened the doorway to the hallway that lead back. Baekhyun simply nodded in response eyes wide open so that nothing would sneak up on them. The lights were all off and it was hard to see anything. What if they disappeared next? What if the others disappeared? What if whatever caused those bruises on Tao came after them next? BaekHyun had seen all those bruises and knew very well that no one in the room had done them. Sure, the four held Tao down while he was thrashing about, but they couldn’t have formed because of that, right?

Yah, stop stepping on my heels!” Kai said turning to shoot a glare towards Kris and his ‘big feet’. Kris then stopped walking to give Kai some room, only for Chanyeol to knock into the back of Tao at the sudden stop. “Just keep walking guys…” Baekhyun said, moving to push Kai to lead the way. “As long as you guys don’t disappear when I turn around…” Kai said, peeking back to make sure they were all following. Biting his lower lip, Baekhyun nodded and then let Chanyeol’s arm go so he could go walk next to Kai so he wouldn’t worry. According to Kai he’d simply turned around and Lay was gone. Then Chen went into another room and POOF gone. It must have been horrible to be left completely alone after your friends disappeared. Of course, Kyungsoo had disappeared right out of thin air behind him and Chanyeol, but at least he had Channy there.

Don’t worry, we’ll be here.” Baekhyun said with a smile moving to ruffle Kai’s hair as they walked ahead of Tao, Kris and Chanyeol. “Right guys?” Baekhyun said, turning around to ask the trio behind him, only to see it was simply a duo. Eyes wide and mouth open wide, Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and instantly his heart stopped. Only Tao and Kris were there. “Wh-where did Chanyeol go?” Baekhyun asked, moving back to where he’d just left him moments ago. “He…he was right here…” Baekhyun said, voice cracking as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. Tao, Kris and Kai all stared at Baekhyun as he reached his hands out almost like Chanyeol was simply wearing an invisibility cloak and would pop out with an excited laugh and pick him up in his arms.

Ch-Chanyeol? Where are you?!” Baekhyun called, only for his voice to echo down the hallway they were walking down. “Baekhyun…” Kai said, reaching forward to touch the smaller male’s shoulder, only for Baekhyun to knock his hand away. “No…he was right here!” Baekhyun then bolted down the hallway towards where another hallway was a little bit away. Could he have just side stepped back there to tease and joke? He couldn’t have disappeared! Couldn’t!

Forgetting about the exit, Tao, Kris and Kai followed after Baekhyun, trying their hardest to keep him in view. The smaller male was too quick though and as he turned around the corner of the hallway the sound of him calling for Chanyeol disappeared, leaving behind nothing but the reverberating sound of his voice.

! Baekhyun!” Kai called out, his heart beating hard against his chest as he was the first around the corner, quickly followed by Tao and Kris. There was no one there. Out of anger, Kai moved to punch the wall, quickly regretting it as pain shot through his hand “ !” Kai yelled, shaking his hand and then moving to kick the wall instead. “They’re gone!” Kai said, instantly dropping to his knees and hitting his head against the wall. 

 

-------

Ahhhh just a couple days until Halloween!