Chapter 02

When the magic ends

Jessica Jung paced back and forth, it had been 3 hours since she called her girlfriend and she was nowhere to be seen. The squeaky sound the wood made every time it made contact with her feet was starting to annoy her; she sprung to the door when she heard her girlfriend’s sweet voice.

 

“Hyun! I thought some bad guy had kidnapped you and took you somewhere far away from me!” Jessica dramatically said as she clung to the girl who instead rolled her eyes pushing her to the left.

 

“You know I thought hard if I should bring this to you because you’ve been mean to Sunny, why are you not answering her calls? She needs you as her friend and instead you’re ignoring her!” Jessica scratched the back of her head; she looked down then back at her girlfriend.

 

“I’m sorry ok? It’s just that it doesn’t feel right to talk to her and I don’t want to lie to her either so I thought not talking to her would be better” Juhyun scoffed while Jessica looked at her with a helpless expression.

 

“For a psychologist your reasoning is quite dumb. Why did you even agree to let Tiffany move in? I thought you said we shouldn’t take sides but look at you! Don’t you think this is unfair? What about Sunny, isn’t she your friend? It’s best I go before we get in a fight, I’ll talk to you later” Juhyun stormed out of the house after leaving the bags she brought on Jessica’s arm. Groaning, Jessica walked down the hallway near the front door to the guest room where Tiffany was staying.

 

Ugh this girl and her sister complex. Why can’t she understand that Tiffany has no one but me in this country?” Jessica thought, feeling frustrated at Juhyun’s lack of consideration.  After knocking once she entered the room with a small smile. The white room had only a small TV hanging on a wall and a small bed with a pink headboard.

 

“Fany sorry to wake you up but Seohyun brought some medicine and soup for you” placing a tray on the bed Jessica helped the sluggish Tiffany sit. Jessica touched Tiffany’s forehead with the back of her hand, she was glad her temperature was getting back to normal.

 

“Did she really buy that for me? Please tell her I said thanks. Soup smells good” Tiffany started drinking the soup while Jessica stared at her.

 

“Got something to say?” Tiffany asked Jessica who smiled awkwardly in return.

 

“I was just thinking that you look like right now, cute but haggard” Tiffany choked while Jessica laughed out loud.

 

“What the hell was that for?!?!? How can you tell that a sick person? Wow you’re such bully. Don’t understand how we’ve been friends for so long. I should get new and better friends” Tiffany glared at Jessica who smiled brightly at her in return.

 

“It’s because I’m too charming to ignore and no one’s as good as I am girl” Tiffany rolled her eyes while Jessica kept laughing. After a few moments of silence Tiffany spoke.

 

“Jessi it would be better if I move out next week, I can’t keep troubling you” Jessica raised an eyebrow not feeling happy about this.

 

“The hell are you talking about? This is also your house and you can stay for as long as you want”

 

“I’m sorry, I heard your conversation with Seohyun and I don’t want to put you on the spot” Jessica’s face fell; she looked down for a few seconds trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

“Look Tiffany, get rid of whatever silly thought you’re having right now because I really won’t stand for anyone hurting you. You’re like a sister so it’s a given I’m on your side and if Seohyun doesn’t understand that well too bad because I won’t change my mind. So stop thinking about it and I’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again I’m really sorry you heard that” Tiffany felt tears welling up in her eyes, she felt sorry for always relying on Jessica and not doing as much as she should to repay her childhood friend.

 

“Thank you Jessi” Tiffany could barely speak after the tears started falling, Jessica wrapped her arms around Tiffany caressing her back.

 

“Don’t mention it silly ‘shroom”

----

The incessant knocking on the door woke Sunny up who fell asleep on the couch while watching Twilight again; wearily she went to the door to open it. A girl her height wearing glasses and pink floral dress greeted her with a bright smile and if she wasn’t half asleep she would’ve smiled back but now she was grumpy thanks to her.

 

“Who are you and what do you want?” Sunny rubbed her eyes trying to clear her vision; she quickly opened her eyes when she felt something pressed against her chest.

 

“Hello neighbor! My name is Kim Taeyeon and I just moved next door, this is a small gift from me and I hope you enjoy it! You can return the container once you’re finished or you can keep it whatever works for you. I’m on apt 509 by the way!”  Sunny kept mum, staring intently at the girl in front of her. Her cheery way of talking and clothes reminded her of someone she didn’t want to remember at the moment. Taeyeon kept looking at Sunny with an unwavering smile; there was something about this girl that she found so adorable.

 

“Uhm I’m Sunny and as you can see I live on apt 508, thanks for the food and I’ll make sure to return the container once I’m done” feeling extremely uncomfortable under Taeyeon’s stare Sunny looked away.

 

“Nice meeting you Sunny! Hope we become great friends! I’m just a door away if you need anything! Buh-bye!” Taeyeon bounced her way back to her apartment, Sunny was unable to tear her eyes away from her new and apparently friendly neighbor.

 

What in the sugarless hell was that? Why do I get the feeling this girl is going to be a handful?” Sunny thought as she went back to her living room. Once she was sitting on her couch she opened the container Taeyeon gave her, she wasn’t very sure whatever was inside was edible but she took the chance and scooped a piece of tortilla chip with some sort of thick sauce and pale looking off the container. She regretted that decision after she tasted it; spitting everything back into the container.

 

“Is this girl trying to kill me or something? What kind of disgusting poison is this?” Sunny went for a glass of water to cleanse . Outraged she went to Taeyeon’s apartment to give her a piece of her mind, after three loud knocks the new girl was out.

 

“Are you trying to kill me with this? Or this some sick prank huh?” Sunny shoved the container in Taeyeon’s hands; Taeyeon was taken aback by this accusation.

 

“Is something wrong?” she blinked a few times not grasping the situation, Sunny pressed a hand against her forehead.

 

“Look you don’t go around giving this nasty stuff to people, you might intoxicate them! Learn how to cook first before you give people this repulsive thing or at least buy something if you’re that bad but really giving this piece of alien is not nice. Perhaps you’re some sort of sadist that enjoys other people suffering but this toxic waste is not that way to please your new neighbors!” hearing this Taeyeon tried to suppress herself from exploding but Sunny’s rudeness was something she wouldn’t allow.

 

“YOU BARBARIAN MIDGET THAT IS MY BEST DISH YET YOU DARE COME HERE ACTING ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY ABOUT A DISH THAT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO COOK! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HUH? WHO DIED AND MADE YOU KOREA’S FAVORITE FOOD CRITIC?! IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT THEN SAY SO NICELY BUT YOU ARE BEING PLAIN RUDE RIGHT NOW AND I DON’T LIKE RUDE PEOPLE. HAVE YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE BEING LIKE THIS? YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE SHORT YOU CAN BEHAVE LIKE A KID? STOP KIDDING YOURSELF YOU ANNOYING MIDGET!” to say Sunny was scared was an understatement this was the first time someone has ever screamed to her and she was stunned, Taeyeon took a deep breath in order to calm down. This is not how she wanted things to start in this new city but this girl was being impossible.

 

The wide eyed Sunny gulped and scrambled back to her apartment, this new girl was crazy and she wanted nothing to do with her.

 

“Crap, I did it again” Taeyeon dejectedly mumbled.

 

****

This is a thank you for commenting & subscribing!! ^^ didn't think more than 1 person would read it so I'm happy, hope everyone liked the chapter and all of our main characters have been introduced there's some swearing so I apologize for those of you who might get offended. Once again thank you very much! I tried to add comedy but I fail so.....