Chapter 04

When the magic ends

“Sugar, milk, flour, eggs, butter, chocolate and where’s the mint?” Sunny said to no one as she went through the list of ingredients on the countertop. From the moment she woke up the crushing weight she felt on her chest was no longer there except for a wistful feeling lingering on her heart. Talking to Jessica really helped her sort out her feelings, as a form of appreciation Sunny was baking Jessica’s favorite cookies and cake.

 

A few knocks on the door stopped her from mixing the ingredients; she went to the door and was greeted with a smiling Taeyeon once she opened the door.

 

“Good morning Sunny I was wondering if you have some spare sugar and coffee? I was going to make some but I don’t have enough” Taeyeon asked holding a blue cup; Sunny narrowed her eyes and looked at Taeyeon for a moment.

 

“Come in I made coffee earlier, you can have some if you would like to” Sunny motioned Taeyeon to enter; Taeyeon nodded and gladly followed Sunny. She was happy the dinner removed whatever tension was between her and Sunny. Sunny went to the coffeemaker and poured Taeyeon a glass of steaming coffee.

 

“Thank you, this smells really nice also I had a lovely time during dinner last time, your sister and Jessica are very fun” Taeyeon sat on a stool while Sunny went back to her baking, silence settled between them and Taeyeon felt slightly awkward. She remembered Sunny didn’t talk much during their dinner and perhaps she was still mad at her for shouting, thinking it was best to leave she stood but was stopped by Sunny’s voice.

 

“Do you mind helping me for a bit? It’s just going to take some minutes” Taeyeon placed the coffee cup on the counter and went next to Sunny, she was handed a white bowl filled with brown batter and a pink hand mixer.

 

“I know cooking isn’t your forte but just blend it well, make sure there are no chunks”

 

“Hey that’s a low blow!!” Taeyeon would’ve stayed mad if not for Sunny’s chuckle; her ears and eyes couldn’t believe it. Sunny, the gloomy girl who gave her death stares was actually laughing at her.

“Wow”

 

“What?” Sunny turned to the marveled Taeyeon with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Nothing…. It’s just that you actually smiled –and you look beautiful doing so-” Taeyeon kept the last part to herself while Sunny rolled her eyes.
 

“Whatever make sure you don’t burn that!” Sunny turned away feeling somewhat embarrassed but her smiled stayed. 

 

“So what exactly are we baking here?” Taeyeon asked once she composed herself, she didn’t want to waste the opportunity to talk to Sunny.
 

“Chocolate mint cake and cookies for Jessica and Juhyun”
 

“Ah I see that’s very nice of you. How long have you been baking? You’re a pâtissière right?”
 

“Yup been doing it since I was like 12 and wow that was some smooth pronunciation, do you know French?”
 

“Yes my mom is French so I learned it thanks to her” Sunny stopped what she was doing and looked at Taeyeon who kept making circle motions with the hand mixer.

 

“But you don’t look French are you perhaps adopted?” it was Taeyeon’s turn to chuckle she looked at Sunny shaking her head; she didn’t expect Sunny to be so direct and open.
 

“No, my dad is Korean and I got my looks from him tho I have my mom’s nose and eyebrows. I’m what you call a halfie” Sunny’s mouth was shaped like an ‘O’ making her so adorable before Taeyeon’s eyes, she couldn’t herself from smiling at the vision.
 

“Wow that’s really coo, have you lived your whole life in France?”
 

“Not really, we moved a lot because of mom’s work so I was in France only during summer to visit my grandparents. What about you?”
 

“Me? Well I’m full Korean if that’s what you want to know”

 

“What about your family? Is Juhyun your only sister?”
 

“They’re also Korean and yes she’s my one and only baby sister even if she acts like she’s older than me most of the time just because she’s taller”
 

 “Soonkyu are you here? Honey, I’m home” Jessica’s voice resonated through the apartment; soon she was standing in front of the two girls holding an empty bag.

 

 “What’s up? Hi there Taeyeon” Jessica was taken aback for a moment; she didn’t expect to see Taeyeon in Sunny’s house.
 

“Are going to sack my house or something?” Sunny spoke to Jessica who gave her a small nod.
 

“Hyun sent me here she left some of her clothes in your room last time and forgot to take them with her. So don’t mind me and carry on” Jessica went to Sunny’s room leaving the two girls in the kitchen.
 

“Sunny I think I’m done with this” Taeyeon gave Sunny the bowl and looked at her with hopeful eyes; Sunny looked at the mix and gave Taeyeon an ok sign.
 

“Good now can you spread the mix on that round cake pan? After that I’ll take care of everything” Taeyeon couldn’t stop smiling being next to Sunny made her elated for some reason. Sunny was too into baking to notice Taeyeon’s nonstop smiling face.
 

“Didn’t think baking was this fun” Taeyeon said while Sunny turned to her giving her a proud smile, her eyes turned into a crescent moon and Taeyeon felt her heart skipping a beat.
 

“I know right! It’s better when you have someone to do it”
 

Wow what’s with this girl, why don’t you smile more often?” Taeyeon thought as she gave Sunny a nod.
 

“I’m out, talk to you later Sunny and also Hyun is out of duty today because she has a hot date. If you need anything wait until tomorrow ok? Taeyeon nice seeing you here, please be a good friend to our dear Sunny” Jessica winked at Taeyeon, Sunny rolled her eyes.
 

“You two need to stop acting like you were my parents, I’m 24 years old for God’s sake! You smother me more than my own mother and bye leave before I take out the cucumbers I saved for you” Sunny gave Jessica a devilish smile who had a wrinkled face; she blew a kiss to Sunny and once again waved at Taeyeon.
 

“Fine kiddies I’m gone, have fun and try to leave some for me ok?” Jessica left before Sunny could say anything; they went back to what they were doing and comfortable silence settled between them.

------

Jessica felt as if her heart was going to burst, she lied to Sunny and she didn’t like it but it was for Tiffany’s sake. Removing her shoes once she entered her house she went to Tiffany’s room and dropped the bag on the floor.
 

“Jessi you’re back” Tiffany greeted her with a smile, Jessica gave Tiffany a stern look.
 

“Fany this is the last time I do something like this, I was lucky Sunny didn’t follow me. If you need clothes then you better go next time because I’m not doing this anymore” Jessica crossed her arms while Tiffany gave her a confused look.
 

“Jessi you know I can’t just show up and I can’t talk to her, at least not now” Jessica shook her head, she was getting impatient and she wanted to know why Tiffany was avoiding Sunny.
 

“What happened between you two?” Tiffany was like a deer caught in the headlights and Jessica felt bad for forcing this but it couldn’t be healthy keeping everything in.
 

“Jessi, why do you want to know after months of not asking why now? Is Sunny dating someone else? Answer me Jessica” Tiffany scowled at Jessica who in return shook her head.
 

“No Tiffany she isn’t but what are you going to do if she starts falling for someone else? Are you still not going to talk to her? This is very unfair to Sunny she at least deserves some closure”
 

“Jessica it’s not that easy! How am I supposed to go back to her after leaving? Do you think she’s going to be happy to see me? It’s best if we both stay away from each other for a while, we need a break”
 

“Tiffany avoiding your problem is not going to solve it, if you want to talk about it I’m always here but don’t come to me crying one day because Sunny decided to move on” Jessica left before things got heated leaving Tiffany alone.
 

Jessica didn’t know how many times Tiffany thought of going back to her home with Sunny but she also didn’t know how cold Sunny’s eyes were every time they met hers.  

----

 Juhyun jumped on Jessica’s bed when she heard the door being slammed, looking up from her magazine she saw her frowning girlfriend.
 

“What happened to you?” Jessica grunted her way towards Juhyun and sat next to her. Juhyun wrapped her right arm around Jessica’s shoulder and brought her closer.
 

“Hyun this is frustrating, I tried to keep away from those two but I can’t. I can’t understand what Tiffany is thinking at all and at first I thought this whole situation would end in 3 days top but nothing has happened”
 

“I think we should make Taeyeon Sunny’s girlfriend” Jessica looked up, she did not expect that at all. This whole day has been so random; she jerked her head taking a good look of Juhyun’s smiling face.
 

“What?”
 

“Taeyeon is perfect for Sunny; did you not see the chemistry between them?” Jessica started shaking her head at Juhyun.
 

“Hyun they barely talked to each other during dinner and you could tell Sunny was somewhere else and that is a bad idea” Juhyun laughed at Jessica.
 

“Honey, Sunny sent me a text before you came apparently she has been baking with Taeyeon the whole day and they are going out tomorrow. She also told me you stopped by but I’m not going to discuss that” Jessica gulped; her girlfriend’s determined look meant she was not going to desist from this plan.
 

“Juhyun I can’t do this, no matter how frustrated I am at Tiffany or Sunny we can’t drag Taeyeon into this mess. People are going to get hurt especially your sister”
 

“No it’s not going to happen, Jessica it’s time Sunny moves on she can’t keep moping around just because Tiffany is a wimp who refuses to face her problems. I won’t stand for that girl to mess around with my sister any longer”
 

“I can’t, I don’t think it’s a good idea and I sure as hell don’t want to toy with their feelings. Juhyun it’s not up to us to meddle and fix things you know that”
 

“Why do you keep saying that? Jessica we would be doing something good! If you’d like we can maybe find someone for Tiffany so she’s happy and moves on from my sister” resignation was written all over Jessica’s face she knew she couldn’t win against her girlfriend once she made up her mind so she gave her a quick kiss before she stood up.
 

“I love you so much Seo Juhyun but you’re really crazy and it sometimes scares me” she ran away before a pillow met her face. 

 

******

Longest update so far so I hope you don't get bored from it! I won't be updating next week so that is why I made it longer than usual. Thanks for subscribing & commenting! Have a nice day ^^ and enjoy!