Chapter 05 pt1

When the magic ends

“Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for hours”

 

“Work”

 

“Again? I thought you said today was your day off”

 

“Boss called me early so I had to go, besides why are you angry? It’s not like I was out messing around”

 

“Do you not listen when I’m talking to you anymore? Today was Jessica’s graduation party and we missed it because of you. Nowadays it’s all about work, work and work. You don’t even pay attention to me anymore!”

 

“What do you want me to do? I have to make money in order to pay for everything around here. Do you think I enjoy working 12 hours every day? No I don’t but someone has to do it since you’re busy playing house”

 

“Are you kidding me? Play house? Do you think it’s easy to clean, wash, cook and do the groceries? For whom do you think I keep everything neat?”

 

“I asked for a girlfriend not a freaking maid! If I wanted one I might as well go back to my parents’ house and live there!”

 

“Is this why you’ve been avoiding me for the past weeks? Because you’re sick of me? We don’t even talk and I don’t even remember the last time you said you loved me”

 

“That’s…. that’s not what I’m trying to say, I’m just tired. Can we please talk about this after I’ve had some rest? ”

 

“Do you still love me?”

 

“….”

 

“You can’t even answer such simple question”

 

“Don’t do this”

 

“Do what? Stop being such a coward and say it out loud! Please go on and say whatever’s been troubling you because I damn well don’t understand what’s going on anymore. Do you even want this relationship?”

 

“I said stop it! See this is what I can’t stand, why do you constantly need reassurance? We’ve been dating for 6 years yet you still have this teenage girl mindset that a relationship has to be perfect and happy all the time. Wake up this is no Disney movie! We are both adults, we aren’t high school kids anymore. I am tired of this, of you and this relationship”

 

Tiffany’s eyes shot open liberating her from the recurring nightmare that’s been haunting her for the past months. Cold palms met tired eyes giving them a quick rub to prevent tears from falling; standing up Tiffany tried to clear her mind because today was a special day and she was going to be happy or at least pretend she was.
 

“You can do this Tiffany Hwang, remember today is your day and everything’s gonna be alright” Tiffany said to her reflection, a reflection that looked nothing like her. Jessica was right she looked haggard and even older than she was; those horrible bags under her eyes had gotten so dark. 
 

“You can’t give up; you have to show everyone how great you are. If everything goes as planned you’ll be next to Sunny in no time” Tiffany kept talking getting closer to the mirror; she couldn’t stand the dull pair of eyes reflected by it.
 

“Nothing makeup can’t fix, let’s hurry up” Tiffany picked up the clothes she carefully chose before going to be bed last night. Once finished she went outside of her room to show Jessica her outfit only to stop a few steps after when she heard Juhyun’s voice.
 

“Love has Sunny answered you back? I’m kind of worried her date with Taeyeon is a mess because she’s so awkward around her” Tiffany felt chills going through her body, her knuckles quickly formed into fists.
 

“Hyun leave her alone for a while, she probably forgot her phone like she always does” she heard Jessica reply, in a matter of seconds her blood started boiling and everything was spinning around her.  
 

No, you can’t have a fit right now Tiffany you have a job interview and for God’s sake pull it together! Is Sunny really over me? So she didn’t love me after all” Tiffany thought as she ran out of the house, she couldn’t bear to be there another minute.
 

---

Jessica and Juhyun jumped when they heard the front door getting slammed, Jessica stopped cooking and went to the living room to check if her girlfriend was still there.
 

“What was that? Did you drop something? Did you get hurt?” Juhyun asked with bulging eyes inspecting Jessica checking if there was anything wrong.
 

“I don’t know I thought you fell off the couch. So if you didn’t make the noise then who did it?” Jessica’s eyes trailed to her left, where Tiffany’s room is, she walked some steps knocking on the white door.
 

“Fany are you there? Is everything ok?” Jessica opened the door; the room was messy and empty. Her stomach turned.
 

“Tiffany heard us Hyun! She’s going to be so pissed because I told her that Sunny wasn’t dating and she’s going to hate me for that! I have to talk to her right now and explain everything” Jessica panicked her way to Juhyun who stared back with a blank expression.
 

“Honey calm down she will never hate you, besides she had to find out eventually so this might as well work for our advantage. I promise I’ll start searching for a perfect girl Tiffany can date and poof in no time she’ll forget about my sis” Juhyun gave Jessica her best smile showing her perfect set of white teeth, Jessica shook her head and went to find her cellphone to call Tiffany.
 

 “You should at least pretend you’re not enjoying this so much evil cupid” Jessica pinched Juhyun’s cheeks with her free hand, a dejected sigh escaped from her lips after the third failed try to reach Tiffany.
 

“There are lots of hot girls in my school so I can start making a list for possible candidates”
 

“How do you know that?”
 

“Know what?” Juhyun tilted her head looking at Jessica with an innocent expression the latter narrowing her eyes.
 

“Hot girls” chuckling nervously Juhyun shrugged and tried to give Jessica a kiss only to be blocked by a hand.
 

“I only have eyes for my beautiful and perfect and intelligent and gorgeous and bomb of a girlfriend. I just happen to be there when my friends talk about those ugly girls who pale in comparison to you my beautiful Korean goddess”
 

“You’re not going to sweet talk your way out of this Seo Juhyun! I will go to your school to make sure you’re not flirting with those fil-“Juhyun surprised Jessica with a chaste kiss that soon turned into a heated one, hands started roaming and their body heat kept rising.  Jessica started ing Juhyun’s short only to be stopped by a slam of a door.
 

“Get your dirty claws off my little sister you erted woman!” Jessica and Juhyun turned to a fuming Sunny and Taeyeon who was facing the door looking away from the scene. Jessica quickly jumped away from Juhyun both blushing madly.
 

“Wh-what are you doing here sis?” Juhyun asked nervously while she fixed her messy hair, gulping every time Sunny got closer to her. Jessica tried hard to compose herself but at the moment she couldn’t think straight.
 

“We came to drop this off but since you’re so busy we’ll go” Sunny placed the brown bags on Juhyun’s lap and turned around Juhyun grabbed her wrist stopping her.
 

“Don’t go, let’s eat lunch together and you can tell us how everything went with your date. Did you have fun today Professor Kim?” Taeyeon turned around with a smile nodding happily making Sunny roll her eyes at the childish sight.
 

“We got lost but it was a lot fun and please call me Taeyeon” Juhyun guided them to the living room, Sunny and Taeyeon sat on a long blue couch while Juhyun sat on a ladderback chair.
 

“How did you get lost?”
 

“Well Sunny said she knew the way but we got on the wrong bus and we couldn’t find our way so she said we come to Jessica’s house instead”
 

“It was your fault we got lost; you kept asking questions about everything so I got distracted”
 

“Excuse me miss ‘Seoul is my backyard so there’s no need to ask directions’ it was you who got us lost not me” Taeyeon mocked Sunny who glared at her. Juhyun was trying hard not to squeal, in her eyes these two were already acting like a couple.
 

“Taeyeon we got off earlier because you wanted to eat at that weird chicken restaurant and that’s why we got lost”
 

“You should’ve told me you had no sense of direction, its ok I won’t make fun of you. Taking a cab would’ve been easier and faster”
 

“There you go again, if you want to spend your money so much then you should buy a phone and everything would’ve been better!”
 

“Fine but you have to come with me and we can take a cab so we don’t get lost” Taeyeon winked at Sunny who was rolling her eyes at her.
 

“You’re annoying you know that?”
 

And Jess said they had no chemistry, psh these two are a perfect couple” Juhyun thought while staring at the shorter girls banter, not minding being ignored by them.

*******

I'm finally back! Took longer than expected because I didn't have enough time to write well not sure if anyone missed the updates tho :p thanks for the comments and susbcribing ^^