Chapter 06

When the magic ends

To say Tiffany was avoiding Jessica was the understatement of the year, every time the brunette got closer to the red hair doors would slam right in her face or she would sprint away before Jessica could even react. It’s not that Tiffany was still mad at Jessica, well maybe a little, but she was afraid of knowing how Sunny moved on so fast.
 

[Hwang Miyoung could you please talk to me, this is really important and where the hell do you go all day? Please come home so we can talk]


[This is borderline stalker I know but you’re being unreasonable,  ugh STOP. IT. AND. TALK. TO. ME. N.O.W. YOU PINK LOVING IDIOT]


[Ok calling you an  idiot was too much but I really want to talk with you, call or text me I don’t care but I just want you to hear what I’ve got to say]


 

[I’ve got your favorite and most expensive dress in my hands so if you refuse to talk I’ll have to dye it black or blue  ;]]

 

[Fany where are you hiding? Are you dating someone behind my back? I’m getting really worried you know I hope you’re not selling drugs or worse……. X_X]


[Ok bad joke I get it but call me, maybe? PWEASE]

 

[P.S: you jerk you ate all of my cookies and cream ice cream! I've been saving that for days and you ate it all leaving nothing for your hardworking bestie T_T]

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, Jessica was bombarding her phone with messages every hour and she was starting to annoy the redhead. Since they haven’t talked in days Tiffany hadn’t told Jessica about her new job as an interior designer at an architecture firm, which made her sad since there was no one to share the good news with. Of course there was this persistent thought of sending Sunny a text message regarding the news but her pride –fueled by jealousy- restrained her from doing so. Now she was sitting in her new office and the thought of Sunny spending time with someone that wasn’t her made her blood boil.
 

Sunny probably began dating this girl while we were dating; no wonder she started coming late every night and working ‘extra shifts’ and those mood swings oh God I’m such an idiot. Why didn’t I realize this earlier? Sure all the signs were there yet I chose to ignore them thanks for wasting 6 years of my life, you filthy lying scum” 

 

“Wow easy there Hwang, what did that poor pencil ever do to you?” Tiffany gulped; she turned to her right to where her team leader sat with a roguish grin.  It took some time before she noticed the snapped pencil resting between her hands.
 

“S-sorry team leader can I help you with something?” the tall girl started laughing at the sight of a jittery Tiffany; it hadn’t been long since they’ve met but Tiffany learned about the team leader’s playful nature.
 

“Yuri, told you to call me Y-u-r-i ‘sides I’m not your team leader so there’s no need for you to be so formal and stiff. I came here because I want to take you out for lunch since we will be working together I want to get to know you better if that’s ok with you”
 

“That would be great Y-u-r-i, any place you have in mind?” After picking her purse and phone they walked out of the office; there was something about the latter she found awfully familiar.
 

“Yeah, it’s a surprise but I know you’ll like it”
 

“Should I be worried?” Yuri shrugged before snickering making Tiffany gulp.
 

“Relax I promise it will be a nice surprise” Yuri patted Tiffany’s shoulder but she couldn’t shake the uneasiness away.   

---

“So do you have any model you like?” Sunny and Taeyeon were walking on the mall heading towards the cellphone shop to buy one for Taeyeon.
 

“I don’t know, any recommendations? I’m just buying it because you keep insisting that I shouldn’t go around any longer without one not because I need one”
 

“Taeyeon trust me you’ll be thanking me later” Sunny chuckled when Taeyeon rolled her eyes at her. They were getting closer to the store when Taeyeon turned to Sunny with inquisitive eyes.
 

“If it’s so necessary then why don’t you have one? I don’t think I’ve seen you using a cell phone”
 

 “I lost mine and since I was busy I didn’t have any time to get a new one” Taeyeon dramatically gasped, pointing an accusative finger at Sunny.
 

“Aha! I feel so used and betrayed right now, all that nagging was so we could come and buy you a phone. Lee Sunny I didn’t know you were this manipulative and evil” Taeyeon shook her head wiping away the invisible tears. Playing along, Sunny’s sardonic laughter made Taeyeon quiver in fear.
 

“Can I help you ladies with something?” one of the clerks emerged from the store looking slightly amused by the pair, braking their little improve play. Sunny’s rosy cheeks made Taeyeon swoon for a minute before she started laughing.
 

“We are in dire need of a phone, you see my friend here lied to me saying only the cute Seoul girls have them but she doesn’t have one so we need to buy one asap since she’s the cutest of them all” Taeyeon’s teasing only made Sunny blush harder, she kept trying to nudge Taeyeon to no avail.
 

“Please come on in and I’ll help you choose one, we also have a new promotion going on. You buy one and get the other for half a price with couple case included. Would you like that?”
 

“Yeah we take it” Sunny tried to give the clerk her credit card only to be stopped by Taeyeon who instead handed hers. 
 

“Why did you do that? I’ll pay you later” Sunny asked after the clerk excused himself, she wasn’t comfortable with Taeyeon paying for something so expensive.
 

“Because I want to and no leave it like that”
 

“Taeyeon I can’t accept it, I have to pay you”
 

“Sunny you’re my friend and I want to give this gift to you because you’ve been amazing and you make me feel so happy. You are even teaching me how to bake for free! So this is nothing compared to what you’ve given me” Taeyeon’s gentle demeanor tugged Sunny’s heart, Taeyeon didn’t know how fast she was destroying Sunny’s walls or how special she made the girl feel.
 

“Fine but I’ll make dinner for you whenever you want” again Taeyeon’s heart went wild when Sunny’s eyes turned into a crescent moon-like shape. Taeyeon was starting to realize what this feeling was, her fingertips went numb along with her tongue and something inside her stomach seemed to flutter. Yes this was something she experienced once a long time ago, something she didn’t expect to find in Korea.
 

“Oh my God, Lee Soonkyu!” Sunny broke the eye contact making Taeyeon feel dejected for a moment before she registered the look of panic on Sunny’s face.

 

***

Quick update ^^ have a nice week! replies until next update sorry!