Chapter 07

When the magic ends

“Oh my God, Lee Soonkyu!” Sunny broke the eye contact making Taeyeon feel dejected for a moment before she registered the look of panic on Sunny’s face.

 

“Kwon Yunf” Sunny was being squeezed by a tall and gorgeous girl –Taeyeon noted after taking a good look- feeling jealous Taeyeon cleared loudly breaking the hug apart.

 

“Oh how rude of me. Hello my name is Kwon Yuri nice to meet you, I’m an old friend of Soonkyu” Yuri surprised Taeyeon with a small bow and a bright smile.

 

“Kim Taeyeon I’m a new friend of Sunny’s”

 

“Sunny?” Yuri asked with a hint of amusement, Taeyeon looked at Yuri who was smirking at Sunny about to say something only to have Sunny speak first.

 

“That’s what I go by nowadays, get used to it”

 

“My my my living in the States sure changed you, of course I’m surprised you didn’t grow an inch since the last time I saw you” Yuri yelped when Sunny punched her shoulder despite it both were still smiling.

 

“How have you been? It’s been so long since we’ve talked, I can’t believe that ditzy girl has grown up so much”

 

“Great, my parents opened a business this year and things have gone smoothly so far and I’m also getting married next year” Sunny’s jaw dropped when Yuri raised her left hand that was decorated with a shining ring.

 

“No way, Kwon Yuri the famous “heartbreaker” getting married? Who is the poor person getting a life sentence?”

 

“Well after getting my heart trashed my parents set me up with a family friend, her name’s Choi Sooyoung” Taeyeon, who kept her eyes only on Sunny, looked at how forced Sunny’s smile became after Yuri spoke.

 

“Yuri…. About that I’m really sorry I w-”

 

“Don’t worry, that’s in the past Soonkyu I don’t care anymore. I should be the one apologizing instead I should’ve listened to you in the first place” Yuri gave Sunny a quick squeeze on the shoulder; Taeyeon was starting to feel annoyed at the continuous skinship but kept quiet.

 

“No I wasn’t a good friend Yul I’m really sorry. Mind giving me your phone so we can talk some time? I would love to catch up”

 

“Sure, wanna have lunch next week? My girlfriend works at La Petite-Pierre and they have the best French food”

 

“Your fiancée is the chef Choi Sooyoung? I can’t believe it I also work there and I’ve never seen you!” Taeyeon copied Sunny’s excited smile, her stomach filled with a tingly sensation.

 

“Well might be because I never go to the kitchen but you might see me around more because our firm will be doing some renovations to the restaurant next month. Hold on a sec” Yuri took her phone out of her purse and answered it.

 

“Hey Tiffany, yeah I’m at the cell phone store you know the one next to the pet shop? Take a turn after the candy store and you’ll see it, I’ll be waiting for you”

 

“Tiffany, my Tiffany? I mean Tiffany Hwang?” Sunny’s eyes lit up and her usual calm voice was shaking with emotion.

 

“You know Tiffany?” Sunny didn’t wait for Yuri to end talking and ran out of the store in search of Tiffany, silently praying that she will find her. Sunny smiled when she saw Tiffany walking towards her with her eyes glued to her phone; wasting no time Sunny crashed her body against Tiffany’s wrapping her hands around her waist and nuzzling her neck, surprised by the sudden attack Tiffany dropped her phone and once the familiar lemon scent reached her nose her body froze.

 

“Baby I’ve missed you so much! Where have you been?!?! I’ve been looking for you everywhere I was so sad because I couldn’t find you, I gave up thinking you went back to America” a sudden rush of emotions filled Tiffany some were those old fluttery happy feelings she got when she was with Sunny however they were being overshadowed by resentment and hatred. Tiffany harshly pushed Sunny away and scoffed.

 

 “Don’t make me laugh! How long did it take you to notice that I was no longer in the apartment, a month or did you notice just now?” Tiffany’s harsh tone surprised Sunny who wasn’t even sure why Tiffany left in the first place.

 

“Of course I did Tiffany you’re my girlfriend. I asked Jessica countless of times if she knew where you were but she didn’t know and what was I supposed to do when you left out of the blue without a note?”

 

“I was your girlfriend. Oh really? You didn’t try hard enough because I’ve been living with Jessica for the past 4 months! I can see how much you care about” Tiffany’s voice rose with each word attracting stares from the passersby, which she ignored, Sunny on the other hand felt as if air had been knocked out of her making her feel lightheaded.

 

“Wh-wh-what do… you mean? Jessica wouldn’t lie to me, she’s my best friend! Besides Juhyun would’ve told me” Tiffany looked away, feeling a pang of regret when Sunny spoke on the verge of tears, betrayal and hurt all over her cute face.

 

“Do you really believe Jessica, who I’ve known all of my life would care more about your feelings rather than mine?” this was a low blow, Tiffany knew it but she didn’t care, right now she wanted to see Sunny cry because of all the pain she had caused her. 

 

“You’re lying; Jessica would never do that to me” Sunny was no longer feeling happy instead anger was rising with each passing second and Tiffany could see it reflected in her brown eyes.

 

“She did and she would do it again if I asked her, you see I was so desperate to get away from you that she was glad to help"

 

“What the hell is your problem? This is what I don’t understand you suddenly disappeared without a trace. Are you sleeping with someone else is that it? I wouldn’t be surprised since you spent all day in the apartment doing nothing” Tiffany laughed bitterly, her index finger started prodding Sunny’s shoulder blade.

 

“You.are.my.damn.problem! You treated me like ever since we started living together and you expect me to sit there pretending I’m happy? I did everything to make you happy but you made me feel worse than trash”

 

“That’s because you acted like a maid! I wanted a ing girlfriend but you suddenly turned into this psycho who acted like some wife during the 50s! You have this delusion that couples should be happy and perfect all the time it made me sick. Talking to you became something so shallow and vain I forced myself to do it” it was Tiffany’s turn to feel as if she had been slapped, she was on the verge of tears yet her sneering face remained just to spite Sunny, the latter was being swayed by her emotions and she couldn’t think straight anymore.
 

“You’re an ! God I hate you so much and I regret a thousand times being your girlfriend, worst 6 years of my life! I don’t ever want to see you again you egotistical ” Tiffany stormed away, leaving with the satisfaction of having the last word. It didn’t take long before her face was covered in tears and something inside her chest caused her great pain.

 

Sunny stood in her spot, her mind echoing Tiffany’s words and her eyes filled with hatred. Taeyeon’s voice brought her back to life, turning to the slightly taller girl she muttered They lied to me” over and over again.

 

---------------

Hello everyone I'm back!!! aahh I'm kind of nervous, was the chapter dramatic/good enough? or was it too dramatic? bet you didn't see this coming (or did you?) anyways happy holidays and happy new year! :D