Chapter 03

When the magic ends

A frustrated sigh escaped from Jessica’s lips, she was sitting on Sunny’s couch watching the girl kill zombies left and right. She tried to bribe Sunny with her favorite burgers but her plan failed when she ignored it, she was lucky enough to get inside the apartment.

 

“Kyu kyu kyu kyu kyu please stop playing and talk to me please. Eat the burgers at least! I bought the ones you like the most from your favorite burger joint” Jessica pleaded, this has been repeating over the past hour. Sunny remained silent her back faced Jessica who was getting more and more desperate, she didn’t know what to do to but apologize until an idea came to mind.

 

“My wabuly Soonkyu who ish a smawl baby that Ssica wabus tow much!” Jessica stood up and went to Sunny’s side to poke her cheeks and ruffle her brown hair; to finish it Jessica rubbed her forehead against Sunny’s temple.

 

“Get away from me you evil creature” Sunny pushed Jessica away and ran towards the couch, Jessica’s satisfied smile made her eyes roll. Jessica gave herself a pat on the back for remembering how weak Sunny was against physical contact and cuteness.

 

“Now it’s time for us to talk, I’ll go first. I apologize for no returning your calls and texts but I’ve been really busy and I barely had time for anything and also I didn’t know what to say to you. Never in a million year did I think your relationship with Tiffany would end and I knew nothing I could say would make it better” Jessica tried her best not to lie, of course she wouldn’t tell Sunny that Tiffany was now living with her that would create big trouble. Sunny stood next to Jessica grabbing her hand and pulling her up from the floor, they sat on the couch and Sunny gave Jessica a small hug.

 

“I know you’re saying all that because Juhyun nagged you to death but you I’m kinda hurt because it’s like the whole reason why we were friends was because of Tiffany and not because you actually like me”

 

“Of course not! Sunny do I need to remind you we actually met before you even knew Tiffany existed? I am an idiot for choosing to keep quiet thinking that was for the best but I love being your friend. So please forgive me and promise we will talk about anything you want. You can even punch me!” Jessica took a hold of Sunny’s had and playfully slap her legs with Sunny’s hand. Sunny gave her a small smile and slapped her, taking her revenge, Jessica’s eye widened not thinking Sunny would actually hit her that hard.

 

“Hey that hurts!” Jessica rubbed her sore leg while Sunny gave her a vicious smile and a V sign. After a few moments of comfortable silence Sunny spoke.

 

“Sica, have you talked to her?” Sunny’s question caught Jessica off guard, her brain racked for the best lie she could come up with but instead opted to play dumb.

 

“Who?” Sunny frowned and Jessica gulped, to lie or not to lie was the question.

 

Tiffany” Jessica detected a hint of anger and chose to hide some of the truth.

 

“Y-yeah but just once. She didn’t say anything just that she was going to be out of town for a while and that I shouldn’t worry about her” Sunny’s penetrating glare made Jessica nervous but she didn’t show it or at least she hoped so. Sunny scoffed, she stood up and felt every emotion inside her pour out.
 

“Did she tell you that she also dumped me with a freaking text? That’s the same person that claimed she loved me more than anything the day before she took off and do you know what pisses me off the most? That she wrote ‘I can’t do this anymore’ 6 years of a perfect relationship gone to hell with just one goddamn text!” Jessica kept mum; Tiffany never spoke about what happened the day she broke up with Sunny and she never asked. Sunny’s face was getting red and Jessica wanted to stop and just hug her but this was necessary Sunny needed to let out what she was feeling since she never said a word to Juhyun.
 

“How am I supposed to fix whatever wrong I did if she runs away? This only tells me that either she was having an affair with someone or that she hates my guts so much she couldn’t even bother to tell me face to face. Do you have any idea how angry I am yet I can’t hate her! No matter how much I think about it I know it was my fault. I drove her away and now I can’t even fix it” before she knows it, tears are rolling down her cheeks. Jessica goes next to her and wipes the persistent tears, Sunny starts wailing and Jessica can only hold her close to her.
 

 “Sunny, Tiffany loves you more than she loves herself but right now what she needs is time. Yo -” Jessica was interrupted by her girlfriend’s high-pitched shriek, moments later the three of them were on the ground with Juhyun on top shaking them.
 

“Hyun I think we are killing your sister” Juhyun quickly stood up and helped her sister sit on the ground, a worried expression on her face once she saw her sister’s tear stained face.
 

“What did you do to her?!?!?!” Jessica gulped when Juhyun glowered at her; she waved her hands and shook her head since words wouldn’t come out because she was too scared.
 

“We were just talking, relax you dummy” Sunny’s weak voice brought back the attention to her and Jessica sighed in relief, there was nothing worse than the fury of her girlfriend. Juhyun was about to hug her sister when the sound of someone clearing their throat caught her attention, three pairs of hazel eyes turned to the girl.
 

“Why is the poisonous gnome here!?!” Sunny raised her finger accusatively at the new girl who stood innocently by the couch.
 

“Sis you shouldn’t be rude to Professor Kim!” Juhyun slapped Sunny’s finger down while Jessica helped them stand up. Jessica gave her girlfriend a questioning look that went ignored since she had her full attention on Sunny -annoying sister complex- she whispered to herself.
 

“Professor Kim? That thing is a teacher?” Sunny’s eyebrows knitted together she couldn’t believe someone like her could be a professor.
 

“Could you please stop that? My name is Kim Taeyeon and I want to apologize for what happened last time. I was jetlagged and was having a bad day so I should’ve been more careful; I brought some cookies as an apology I didn’t make them so you can eat them” Jessica sat down while Juhyun ushered Taeyeon to sit down on the love chair next to the couch. Sunny’s eyes followed Taeyeon’s every move making the latter feel self-conscious.
 

“How do I know you didn’t put some rat poison or something on those?” Taeyeon chuckled while Sunny grew more and more suspicious of the girl. A roaring laughter made Sunny look away from Taeyeon she looked at her sister who was holding unto her stomach.
 

“Oh my God! Professor Kim is the girl who yelled at you isn’t she?” Sunny’s face went red and her eyes wide while Taeyeon smiled sheepishly, Juhyun couldn’t stop laughing remembering the frantic Sunny on the phone. Jessica started laughing along once she understood what they were talking about.
 

“Gee aren’t you guys so peachy? Stop laughing you idiots that was a dangerous situation! This girl was seriously going to kill me” Jessica and Juhyun laughed even harder it was hard to imagine a sweet looking girl like Taeyeon trying to choke Sunny. Taeyeon sat there trying hard not to laugh thanks to Juhyun and Jessica’s contagious laughter, she was thankful Sunny’s glare wasn’t on her anymore.
 

“I apologize once again; I hope we can be friends since I just moved here last week and I don’t know how to move around, please” once again the focused on Taeyeon who had the cutest smile they had ever seen, Juhyun went next to her and extended her left arm.
 

“Consider it done Professor! So this girl is my sister Sunny Lee and that is my uhm friend Jessica Jung” Juhyun thought it was better to leave her relationship with Jessica hidden, not everyone was comfortable with two girls dating.
 

“Nice to meet you Professor Kim, Juhyun has been talking a lot about you recently. Looks like she likes your class very much”
 

“Well she is a very smart and earnest student so teaching her is fun and please call me Taeyeon, professor makes me feel very old” Taeyeon gave Juhyun a smile who smiled back in return, Sunny rolled her eyes she didn’t like what was going on and she didn’t like Taeyeon getting comfy with her friends.
 

“Taeyeon would you like to stay for dinner? We always make a lot of food and it would be nice getting to know you” Sunny wanted to protest but the death glare Juhyun was sending her was enough to shush her. Keeping silent and going with the flow was the best option. Angering her little sister was never a good idea, flashbacks of the summer Juhyun burned all of her games came rushing back.
 

“Sure, I’d love to” everyone was happy with the exception of a sulking Sunny.

 

-------

Had to redo this chapter 3 times and I'm still not very happy with it but show must go on. Once again thanks for subscribing & commenting! See you nex time