Chapter 01

When the magic ends

A sigh of relief escaped from the black haired girl, after walking with four heavy bags she was glad her sister’s apartment was finally in sight. Placing the bags on the floor she started searching for the key to the apartment, she didn’t quite understand why her sister (who has always been so lazy) would move to a building that has no elevator. She smiled once the key was found and opened the door; the sound from the TV coming from the small living room confused her, she was sure her sister was at work. Dropping the bags near the entrance she quickly went to the living room just to find her sister watching a movie.
 

“You’re watching Twilight? I thought you hated Twilight” mockery and disbelief in her tone, the girl watching TV turned to see her sister who had a lopsided smile.
 

“I was bored… but what are you doing here Juhyun? Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” the girl asked taking a good look of her sweaty sister who instead giggled nervously.
 

“I…well… Sunny… please don’t get angry but I’ve been cleaning your apartment for the last three months” she gave her sister a cute smile thinking it would help her. Confusion & disappointment crossed over the sitting girl, she had hoped someone else was the one doing the cleaning.
 

“Oh, so it was you… I thought… well never mind. Were you running on your way here or something?” Sunny asked trying to change the conversation.
 

“Crap! That’s right I bought some groceries, did you eat breakfast yet? By the way what are you doing here? What about work?” Sunny followed her sister to the entrance where they both picked the bags off the floor and carried them to the kitchen.
 

“Boss hired a new pastry chef, so he told me I could get a month off. Are you really cooking for me? I can’t believe it, my baby sister who once cried when forced to cook is making breakfast for me!” Sunny wiped imaginary tears from her eyes earning a slap on the shoulder.
 

“Ha ha very funny. Anything you have in mind? Jessica’s been teaching me how to cook western food so I thought I’d make some for you” Juhyun said with a bright smile making Sunny smile in return.
 

“I still can’t believe you’re dating that , do you know why she has been ignoring my texts and calls? Why did I do to piss her off so bad?”
 

 “She’s not doing it on purpose, she’s been so busy with her thesis and she barely has time for anything. It’s been like 3 weeks since I last saw her so don’t take it to heart”
 

“Whatever, if you see her tell her she’s dead to me and that she no longer has my approval to date you” Sunny stacked some of the groceries on the cupboards while Juhyun started the preparations for the breakfast.
 

“Sis, I’ll talk to her ok? Besides you love her too much to mean that” Sunny shrugged and sat on a stool near the kitchen countertop, enjoying the sight of her little sister cooking.
 

 “Ah our Juhyun is ready for marriage now, who would’ve thought the spoiled brat would end up being perfect wife material?” Sunny started teasing Juhyun who pouted in return.
 

 “Please no marriage talk. Mom and dad have been busting my balls the past month asking when I’ll get married” Sunny laughed, shaking her head at the thought of their parents nagging Juhyun.
 

“You’ve got quite the mouth young lady but well they are probably worried your relationship with Kyuhyun is going nowhere. When are you telling them that their beloved Kyu is as just a beard?”
 

“I don’t know, it took some time to get over the shock you gave them when you came out and I don’t think they’re ready for another round of tears and denial” Sunny nodded, after all her parents had a hard time when she first came out but she was glad they accepted her little by little. The ringing of Juhyun’s phone cut the conversation.
 

“Hello my love!! How are you? I’ve missed you so much! When am I going to see you?” Sunny made a disgusted face at Juhyun’s overly sweet tone, the latter started twirling a piece of hair which only added to Sunny’s disgust. Sunny got up and gave her sister some privacy, going back to her movie.
 

Good morning my sweet muffin! I’m doing better now that I get to listen to your voice; well that’s why I’m calling. Fany got sick and I don’t have cold medicine so I was wondering if you could buy some and also chicken soup for her. Pretty please my beautiful bride to be” Juhyun was glad her girlfriend couldn’t see her irritated face and eye roll. No amount of sugar coating would make her give in so easily, not when it came to that girl she hated so much.
 

“I’m sorry my J but I’m at Sunny’s house cooking for her so I don’t think I’ll be able to help you with that. I remember leaving some herbs on your pantry last time so just give her some tea and she’ll get better” Juhyun tried hard to sound rueful but a small part of her knew Jessica wouldn’t fall for it.
 

Hyun please, I have to take care of her so I can’t go out. Besides it will be quick I promise, please do it for me. Please, please please please please” Juhyun bit her lower lip, Jessica was going full force with her cuteness.

 

“Fine, but I don’t know how long it’s going to take! I’m hanging up!” a groan escaped from  her lips as she answered and
as on cue Sunny entered the room with a curious expression.
 

“What’s going on with the perfect couple? Are you finally breaking up?” Sunny joked only to be glared at by her sister.

 

“Jessica is asking for me to buy some medicine and chicken soup because she’s not feeling well. She has a cold or something” Juhyun hoped Sunny would let it go; she didn’t want to lie to her sister but lying to her would be better than hurting her.


 

“Oh, well let me make some soup for her. You know Tiffany would always drink my soup and get magically better the next day” this came out so naturally from Sunny it took some time to register, Juhyun noticed how Sunny became withdrawn and pensive after understanding what she said.

 

“Sis don’t worry! I’ll just buy one from the street. You don’t need to bother, let me finish breakfast instead” Juhyun nervously sat her sister on the stool and resumed the cooking.  The sounds coming from the TV filled the silent room since Juhyun didn’t know what to say to Sunny who was lost in memories of her past.

 

-------

So this is basically chapter 1, sorry if it was a little boring I promise it'll get better (I hope so) all main chapters are going to be introduced next chapter so please wait for that! Didn't expect subscribers let alone comments so thank you very much!