Tip Off

Bad Enough For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Taemin was sleeping in class during one of the free periods next day, when Sulli dragged Taemin out to the soccer field.

“Damn, Sulli, it’s so hot, why bring me out here?” Taemin complained.

“Just sit and watch.” Sulli pulled him down to the bleachers.

Taemin made a face when he saw guys run around a ball, sweating like crazy.

Soccer.

The most overrated obsession of any man Taemin could think of.

Just what pleasure did chasing a ball around give them?

He sighed, fumbling his pockets for his favourite flavour of bubble gum. His hands stopped in his pocket when he heard the whistle blow, and the other team entered.

Taemin sat up a little, recognising a familiar tall figure stand amongst the players.

“Mr Goody Two Shoes plays soccer?” Taemin asked, amused.

“Yep, he does. He’s so cool when he plays.” Sulli gushed.

Taemin just raised an eyebrow. “Cool? Let’s see.” Taemin sat back comfortably, his need for bubble gum forgotten.

On another blow of the whistle, the match started, and Taemin just smirked- the guys were chasing the ball just like he had thought.

But then, the ball was passed to Minho. Minho stopped the ball with his feet, his eyes staring intensely at the field in front of him, as he tried to plan out how he would penetrate the opponent’s territory.

Taemin chuckled. “Does he even know how to play?”

“Shh, Tae.” Sulli silenced him, tugging at his arm to divert his attention back to the match.

Minho was finally moving, no, he was gliding through the opposing players- his body was swift, and it moved elegantly…and Taemin’s mouth fell open a little.

He wasn’t chasing the ball.

He made the ball move with him.

“GOAL!” Sulli screamed, making Taemin flinch at her volume.

Taemin just blinked his eyes. How did he make a goal so fast?!

Curious, Taemin watched more attentively, and what Taemin saw… left him slightly captivated.

Mr Goody Two Shoes was one handsome player. His body seemed so light when he moved, and especially the goals he made…were incredible. Taemin had never seen a player that had left him thinking like this.

 Minho was talented.

Taemin smiled a little. “I guess Mr Goody Two Shoes is sort of cool.”

“Why do you call him Goody Two Shoes?” Sulli asked, confused.

“Didn’t you notice? He’s good to everyone, taking notes diligently in class, helping the lecturers around, picking up trash he finds on the floor, trying to maintain silence during lectures, and what not.”

“When did you get time to notice all that?”

“Class was boring so I watched my neighbour for a while.” Taemin shrugged. “His popularity made me curious, but he’s just a boring good guy. Nothing fun at all. Except on the field, I guess.”

Another blow of the whistle marked the end of the match, and Taemin turned towards the field, watching Minho celebrating their win with his team mates.

Minho turned towards the bleachers, and spotted Taemin, his smile fading for a while. His eyes met Taemin’s and he gave him an even brighter smile.

Taemin’s eyes widened. Why in hell was the boy smiling at him like that?!

Taemin just looked away, ignoring him.

Sulli looked from Minho to Taemin and then back to Minho.

Minho looked slightly hurt at Taemin’s ignorance, and Sulli puffed up her cheeks. “Hey, try to return gestures.”

“Huh? What?” Taemin looked at her, confused.

“Minho talks to you despite how freaky you might look to him. You should say thank you, or at least return a smile.”

“Why should I?”

Sulli pursed her lips.

He likes you, idiot.

“Whatever.” Sulli turned away. She looked at Minho again. His smile was back on his face…but it wasn’t as bright as before. Somehow…she felt bad for him.

Should she interfere?

She glanced at Taemin, who was back to his iPod, yawning. This guy needed something to shake him up.

Taemin was the carefree, careless guy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter