Officially Good

Bad Enough For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Step out already.” Kibum sighed, knocking once more on the trial room door.

“Taemin!” Sulli called out.

Jongin kicked the door. “Come out before I do something violent.”

“Violent, my . You can’t even touch a strand of my hair, !” Taemin shouted back.

Jongin rolled his eyes, sighing. "Why am I even friends with this rude moron?" He asked before moving away from the door.

Kibum grimaced. He looked at Sulli who looked back at him, helpless.

“Oh well, then.” Kibum started. “Stay in there. Minho will happily ride off with some bimbo.”

The moment Kibum had finished that sentence; the trial room door flew open, revealing a quite stunning sight.

Jongin's mouth fell open, and Sulli gasped; whereas Kibum just nodded in approval.

“I did not know you could look this good, dude.” Jongin said.

“Handsome!” Sulli gushed.

“Really?!” Taemin asked, flabbergasted, and he instantly turned around to see himself better in the mirror.

“Not yet.” Kibum said, his brows furrowing. “There is something off.” He signalled Taemin to twirl around, and when he stopped, he ed one more button of his soft-hued shirt, glanced one more time at his well-fitting classic denims, and adjusted the posh white jacket. “The skull earrings.” Kibum said finally. “You need to get rid of them.”

Taemin drew a step away from Kibum, covering his ears immediately. “The clothes are simple already. Get rid of my mini skulls? No way.”

“Suit yourself.” Kibum shrugged. “Keep those creepy things hanging off your ears and Minho will take off with some less creepy girl.”

Taemin’s frown softened and he bit his lower lip, thinking. The sight of Minho with another girl was too infuriating, and he felt his heart drop after. It felt like , and he did not want to feel like that again.

He slowly dropped his hands off his ears. “Fine.”

Kibum smiled. “Good boy.”

 

 

 

 

“I don’t get it why I have to do this.” Taemin complained as Kibum pushed him into a soft comfy chair and turned him towards the mirror before putting on an apron.

“What was your original hair colour?” He asked, completely ignoring the fussing boy.

Taemin raised both his eyebrows and stared at the reflection of his boyfriend’s friend. “Really?”

“Sulli.” Kibum sighed, turning towards the girl who was busy getting a manicure in the seat beside Taemin’s.

Sulli looked up, smirking. “Red-”

“Brown!” Taemin said immediately.

“What shade?” Kibum asked.

“Just brown.”

“Goodness.” He picked up a brochure and flipped through a few pages before handing it to Taemin. “Which brown?”

Taemin looked at the brochure with confused eyes. “I don’t know.” He concluded after a minute of staring and pushed it back in Kibum’s hands.

“How can you not know what kind of hair you were born with?” Kibum exclaimed and turned to Sulli with the brochure.

Taemin heard the boy and girl go on and on about all the shades of brown. “Golden brown, chocolate brown, honey brown.” Taemin imitated, making a face. “This .” He pouted to his reflection.

“But what happens later, won’t.” Jongin said, getting comfortable on the couch behind, with his phone.

Right then Taemin felt a yank to his head and he turned back to find Kibum inspecting his hair intently.

“What are you doing?!”

“Trying to find any new growth. Even a little can confirm the colour I’ll use.”

“I never ever want you to be my hairdresser.” Taemin grumbled.

 “Deal with it.” Kibum said. “I have been working here for two years already, and besides I can get you a discount. Your scarce funds need my favours.”

After a couple of minutes Kibum got his hands off Taemin’s hair. “Got it!” He chimed and rushed away to a shelf.

Taemin sunk in his seat, and ruffled his hair, making an unwilling face. “Doesn’t my current hair suit me?”

“It does, but not like the one you had previously.” Sulli said.

“You have pale skin.” Kibum said, setting up everything he needed on a stand beside Taemin. “Black hair makes you look paler. I don’t want to give you different colour for now, though there’s a lot that you can easily pull off. Let’s stick to your natural hair colour for the time being.”

“I feel like I am going a reverse on my life.” Taemin sighed as he let Kibum tie a salon cape around him.

“Stop grumbling and relax.” Kibum smiled reassuringly. “Isn’t your boyfriend worth a bit of trouble?”

Taemin sighed, smiling slightly. “He’s worth a lot of it.”

 

 

 

 

The salon session went on for long. Jongin had already fallen asleep and Sulli yawned as she saw the other staff get ready to leave. Kibum had dragged Taemin into a room inside, and it had been over an hour since they had disappeared.

“Don’t worry, I’ll lock up!” Kibum’s voice came and Sulli straightened up and poked Jongin.

A minute later Kibum came out of the room and got rid of his apron.

“Done?” Jongin asked sleepily, waking up at their commotion.

“Yes, finally.” Kibum replied. “Come out Taemin.” He called out.

“This is embarrassing.” Taemin’s voice came.

“It can’t be that bad.” Sulli said. “We need to get back home too, come out already.”

Taemin’s silence was all they got in response and Kibum stormed inside and dragged him out.

“Ta da~” Kibum said, with a tired smile.

Sulli’s eyes widened to their max, and Jongin's mouth fell open seeing the boy that stood before them.

“Taemin…you…you are looking…!” She exclaimed, getting up.

"What?" Taemin asked nervously, seeing his bestie gape at him.

"AWESOME!" She squealed, making Kibum flinch.

Jongin blinked. “I must admit this is the best you have ever looked till now, Tae.”

“Are you serious?” Taemin smirked.

Jongin nodded. He turned to Kibum. “You have done something no less than a miracle, bud. I am pretty sure Choi’s gonna be flailing over Tae.”

“I have done nothing in particular.” Kibum said, fixing a few strands of Taemin’s hair. “I just trimmed his hair and…let it fall naturally. The colour is a perfect match. As for the face, it’s just regular clean up.” He drew back and took out a notepad. “The bill.” He said handing it to Taemin. “Pay me whenever.”

Taemin stuffed it into his pocket.

Kibum raised his eyebrows. “This is where you say thank you. You are going good. Get your manners straight.”

“Thanks, Kibum.” Taemin said, quite reluctantly.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled slightly. “Stay away from kohl and hair gel. Comb your hair the way I taught you. Don’t dirty your clothes and…” He ushered the three to the exit. “Be good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin walked home, clutching all the shopping bags he had spent his precious pocket money on. Kibum had even got rid of the clothes he had been wearing that day- his favourite ripped jeans and black sleeveless t-shirt- along with his skull earrings. He was still grumbling, thinking about the amount of effort and bucks he had put in his bad boy get up and how Kibum had dumped it in a waste bin. He could no longer wear his ripped jeans or torn shorts or loose t-shirts or earrings, nor could he style his hair upwards and wear a cap.

He took out his keys to unlock the door, still doubting Kibum’s ‘makeover’.

As soon as he got in, he heard his mother’s voice, “Why are you so late-”

Her voice stopped abruptly and Taemin turned to find her staring at him with wide eyes.

“Who are you?” She asked softly.

Taemin rolled his eyes. “Mom, I am tired. Lemme go to my room.” And Taemin staggered upstairs with his shopping bags.

“Honey!” Mrs Lee called out, and a minute later her husband was by her side.

“What happened?”

“I just saw a neat, presentable, handsome young man go inside my freak son’s room. Check up on him?”

“Huh? Okay.” And Mr Lee climbed up the stairs, with Mrs Lee following him. He pushed the door open quietly and peeked in to reveal the said young man arranging clothes from shopping bags into the wardrobe.

“Honey…” He smiled slightly. “That’s our son.”

“Why aren’t his clothes torn and dirty? Why isn’t his hair black or standing up? Where are those skulls?” She exclaimed.

Mr Lee chuckled. “I guess university life has set him straight.”

 

 

 

 

 

Minho parked his bike in front of the house beside theirs the next morning and started waiting. A few minutes la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter