Chapter 4: Here1-1

Here and Gone

You and Yongguk sat on your couch as you listened to him go over everything he had been doing the past couple of weeks. He had made out a list of expenses every month for the both of you and ways to cut it down so you could start saving money for when the baby came.
"I already canceled my cable." he told you. "And I dropped down to a slower internet speed so that bill won't be as high. Probably should cut that all together though. I also cut back my minutes on my phone."
You couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm and carefully planning.
"I made a list too." you told him.
He stopped rambling and looked at you. "Oh?"
You nodded and handed him a folded piece of paper. He opened it and you watched as he raised his eyebrows in surprise.
"What do you think?" you asked him nervously.
"This is a list of baby names." he stated and looked at you once more.
"Well yeah, I know it is." you mumbled and looked down. Then you felt his hand under your chin, forcing you to look back up at him.
"I like it." he told you with small smile.
You blushed and shyly smiled as well. But the smile vanished as you watched him look down at his papers.
"What is it?" you asked. "If you don't like any of those names.."
"It's not that." he quickly insisted but didn't look at you.
You swallowed and placed a hand on your stomach. "Then?"
He took a deep breath before his lips nervously. "There was another thing. To save money. I have a friend who is... um... Well he's willing.. to take over my lease."
"Take over your lease?" you questioned before inhaling sharply. "Are you saying you...?"
Yongguk fidgeted a little before finally meeting your eyes. "Can I... Would you be willing... to let me live here. With you."
You blinked at him in surprise without saying anything.
"You can say no." he said at your hesitation. "I just thought..." He let out a sigh. "I know we're going about this backwards and I'm sorry about that. I love you though and I'm trying to do right by.."
"Yes."
He stopped and stared at you while a smile formed on his face. Then he hugged you and buried his face in your neck. "Thank you."
"I love you too Yongguk." you told him as you rubbed his back.
He pulled back and kissed you before returning to his papers. He ripped up the one with his expenses on it. "Guess I need to start this over." he said with a big grin. "It's all going on one paper now."
"And we need to move you in." you excitedly added.
"I'll move me in." he said. "You get to lay back, relax, and watch."
You glared at him. "I'm pregnant, not dying."
He rolled his eyes before chuckling. "Okay, fine. But only the really light stuff."
"Deal." Then you scooted closer and leaned against him, letting a few moments of silence go by before confessing, "I'm scared."
He dropped his pencil and wrapped his arms around you. "I won't lie, I am too. But it'll work out." he reassured you. "I'll do everything I can to help take care of you and our baby."
"Thank you." you said and smiled a little when he placed a hand on your stomach. You put your hand over his. "I like this."
He chuckled a little. "Me too. I really love being here. Just like this."