Chapter 3: Here1

Here and Gone

You sat in the lobby with your best friend who was driving you home after swearing they wouldn't tell anyone. Glancing around at everyone else, you couldn't help but feel uncomfortable and extremely anxious. It took all your courage you had to just set foot in here and you prayed it'd be over soon.
When your name was called, your friend pattered your back reassuringly and you walked over to the door as the nurse held it open.
"Wait!"
You turned and saw Yongguk hurrying over to you.
"Sir, you'll have to check in at the front desk." the nurse said.
"I'm with her." he informed them but his eyes were on you.
"What are you doing here?" you asked in disbelief and felt everybody in the lobby staring at you.
"I saw the paper in your apartment." he said. "Just five minutes please. I need to talk to you."
You stuttered, unsure what to say as tried to grasp the fact that he was here.
"How about in the room?" the nurse offered sweetly.
"Uh.. Yeah. Okay. Thank you." you replied and followed them with Yongguk trailing behind you.
You walked in to the room and set your purse down as you stared at the dressing gown waiting for you on the table.
"I'll just give you a few minutes and then I'll be back to give you instructions." the nurse told you and closed the door behind them.
"Yongguk.." you started and then you felt his hands on you as he turned you to face him. You tried to pull away but he kept a hold of your arms.
"I love you."
You stopped fighting and stared at him with your mouth open at his sudden confession.
"I'm sorry." he insisted with a guilty look. "About everything. I am so, so sorry."
"You.."
He shook his head. "It was a mistake. I love you. And I don't want to be without you anymore."
Your head swirled at the thought but you tried to keep yourself grounded. "You left me." you weakly stated as you felt your eyes water and you gently pushed his hands off of you. "When I needed you the most, you left me."
The pain in his eyes was more than evident as he nodded. "I did. I'm a horrible person. A coward. And I expect you to hate me for the rest of your life. But..." he his lips nervously. "I do love you. I was scared and not thinking clearly."
"You were scared?" you demanded. "What about me? Do you have any idea what I've been going through??"
He winced and looked away for a moment before meeting your gaze again. "No, I don't. Cause I abandoned you and that's on me. But I'm here now." He slowly reached up with one hand and caressed your cheek. "I'm here for you. If you'll let me."
You closed your eyes and felt a few tears fall as you sniffled. When Yongguk took a step forward and wrapped his arms around you, you didn't push him away. Instead you let him hold you as you cried in to his chest and your arms wrapped around his waist.
"I'm sorry." he murmured. "I'm so sorry."
"Every night." you managed to choke out between sobs. "Every night I cried myself to sleep."
You felt his arms tighten around you more. "I'm sorry." he repeated once more, his voice straining as if he was trying not to cry.
"You stupid, idiotic, self-centered bastard." you continued.
He let go of you then and instantly dropped to his knees in front of you. "I'm begging." he pleaded. "Give me another chance. I won't ever leave you again."
You wiped your face before looking down at him and seeing the panic in his eyes. It tugged at your heart painfully to see him like this and you shook your head, knowing what it meant. "I love you too."
His mouth dropped open a little as his face went slack. Then in one swift motion, he stood up and pressed his lips against yours.
"Thank you." he whispered before kissing you again.
The door opened then and the nurse stood there. "Ready?"
You opened your mouth to answer but Yongguk stopped you. "Wait." he said.
He took your hands in both of his and looked solemnly at you. "I'm here for you no matter what." he said. "So whatever you decide to do, I will completely support you."
"What are you saying?" you asked him, feeling confused.
"I'm saying I'll will hold your hand right here if that's what you want." he told you. Then he gently placed a hand on your stomach. "Or I will hold your hand later on."
You blinked at him in surprise. "We can't." you insisted. "There's no possible way. We're no where near being ready for this. Emotionally or financially."
"I know and I agree." he said. "I'm just saying; whatever you decide, I'll be here for you."


                    Here                                                Gone