Chapter 2

Here and Gone

The next morning, you woke up to find yourself alone in bed. You got up and shuffled out to the living room to find him on the couch.
"Morning sleepy head."
Yawning, you asked, "Is that my nickname or something?"
"With the way you're going, yes." he teased.
You scoffed and flopped down on to the couch, leaning against him.
"Something wrong?" he questioned.
"I feel like crap." you confessed. "Like I could sleep another 8 hours."
"Didn't sleep well?"
You shrugged. "Guess not."
"Well then, you lay down here and relax. I'll make us some breakfast." he offered as he stood up.
You smiled brightly at him as you laid down. "Thanks."
"Of course. Sleepy head." he teased.
You rolled your eyes before closing them and relaxing. Next thing you know, Yongguk was lightly shaking you awake a couple of hours later. You opened your eyes and sat up.
"You weren't kidding when you said you were tired." he said with a concerned look on his face.
"No I wasn't." you huffed.
"There's a plate of food in the microwave if your hungry." he informed you.
You shook your head. "I think I'm just going to lay down."
"Okay." he said. "Just take it easy today, okay?"
"I will." you promised.
He kissed you on the forehead, checked to make sure you'd be okay once more, and then left.


Over the next couple of weeks, you kept feeling slightly off. Tired all the time no matter how much sleep you got. Plus the lack of appetite in between the days when you just wanted to eat everything in the house. And apple juice. Lots of apple juice.
Then one day, you were in the kitchen and glanced at the small calendar on the fridge. You stood there, staring at it in disbelief as your mind raced a hundred miles an hour. Calculating days and trying to accept the fact that you were late while denying it. You were on birth control. This wasn't suppose to happen.
"Oh god." you uttered as you closed your eyes, feeling them water.
Suddenly a wave of nausea hit you out of nowhere and you quickly moved to the sink as you vomited. When you were done, you quickly rinsed your mouth out and washed the sink. Then you grabbed your purse and ran out the door. You had to be sure.


"Hey." Yongguk greeted as he walked in to your apartment. Then he saw the look on your face. "What's wrong?" he asked as he hurriedly sat on the couch next to you and took your hands in his.
You swallowed before taking a deep breath and looking him in the eyes. "Yongguk. There's something I have to tell you."
"Okay." he quietly said and nervously his lips.
"I'm... I'm..." you closed your eyes and shook your head.
"It's okay." he said and squeezed your hands. "You can tell me anything."
You blinked back a few tears and took another deep breath. "I'm... pregnant."
He blinked at you in confusion. "What?"
"I'm pregnant Yongguk."
He opened his mouth but then shut it. Then shook his head. "That can't be. You sure?"
"Yeah." you told him. "I took three different tests."
"But you can't be pregnant."
You let out a small groan. "Well I am."
"No." he insisted. "No."
"Yongguk." you said and went to squeeze his hands this time but he moved away.
"No. This can't be happening." he said and scooted away from you. "This isn't suppose to happen."
You tried to hide the hurt you were feeling from him moving away as you watched him. He stood up and started pacing while shaking his head, clearly panicking.
"Yongguk." you repeated softly.
He turned to face you. "How could this happen?"
"Uh... ?" you told him with a little bit of disbelief.
"I meant you're suppose to be on birth control." he firmly said.
You raised your eyebrows at the tone in his voice. "I am."
"Really?" he asked and glared at you accusingly.
You bristled at the question. "Do you honestly believe I wanted this to happen?" you demanded as you stood up as well.
"I'm not ready to be a dad!" he told you, his voice raising.
"I didn't try to get pregnant!" you retorted, raising your voice as well. "This isn't my fault. It takes two people to make a baby and you sure as hell didn't complain about that part."
He scoffed before looking away and shaking his head. "Didn't hear any complaints from you either." Then he turned away and headed to the front door.
"Where are you going?" you questioned.
"I can't deal with this right now." he said without even bothering to look at you. Then the door closed loudly behind him and you were alone.
You stared at the door in disbelief before another wave of nausea hit you. You put a hand over your mouth and ran to the bathroom, making it just in time. Once you were done vomiting, you rinsed out your mouth and then looked in the mirror. Looking at your reflection, you watched as tears formed in your eyes before running down your cheeks. You sunk to the floor and sat there while you cried.


The next day you tried calling Yongguk but he didn't answer. You sent him a text apologizing for the small fight and hoped he'd call you soon. The day went by though without a single word from him. The day after and the same thing. You kept trying but he never answered his phone.
After a week, you held you phone to your ear and listened to the ringing before his voicemail answered. You hung up and immediately called back. This time it went straight to voicemail and you closed your eyes as your heart sunk. Then you heard the beep.
"Well it took me a week but I get the hint now." you numbly said as you left him a message. "Goodbye Yongguk." Then you hung up.
You tossed your phone aside as you curled up on the couch, crying your heart out and only crying harder as you felt yourself become nauseous. No vomiting this time at least but you felt sick enough to want to keep laying there without moving. From more than one reason really.
A couple of hours later, you finally stirred and reached for you phone. You looked at the piece of paper on the coffee table and dialed the number as you felt yourself getting sick again. This time it wasn't morning sickness though.
"I need to make an appointment." you told the receptionist when they answered.
After giving your information and writing down the time of your appointment, you debated with yourself over calling Yongguk. You decided against it though because it was plainly obvious. He was gone.


                    Here                                                Gone