7 The Tape

Red String

After Odette's party, Jessica was back to her busy self working for hours to end. Even during weekends, she'd work because she didn't want to interact with her parents since they were always at home. While her sister, Krystal, had activities to keep her busy and not at home. By working overtime and during weekends in the span of 2 weeks, she saw the exhaustion taking a toll on her staffs. Jessica knew she had to give them and herself a break but how?

During a lunch break, she scrolls through her phone contacts to see who she can hang out with for the weekend. Jessica messaged her closest friend but ended futile because they already had plans. Then, she came pass Jay Park's name. At first she contemplated, if she should or shouldn't message him. Jessica decided to type in the message first and continue contemplating whether or not to send it.

Hi! This is Jessica Jung. I was wondering if you are busy this weekend?

After typing her message, Jessica just stared at it, not knowing that her sister walked into her office. Krystal, then, took her older sister's phone from her hands and quickly ran out. With her trance being broken, Jessica was shocked and saw her sister running away, which she tried to catch up to. Unfortunately, Krsytal, being more athletic than Jessica, was able to get into the supply room and locking it. Jessica in panic kept banging onto the door and calling out to Krystal to come out. After the third threat of Jessica, Krystal opened the door and cooly passed the phone back to its owner.

Upon receiving her phone back, Jessica rummaged through her phone and looked at the messages. Then, she grabbed her little sister's arm, pulled Krystal into her office, and closed her door shut.

"KRYSTAL JUNG SOOJUNG!!!!" Jessica yelled, "WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU SEND THE MESSAGE!!!"

Wincing first at Jessica's high pitch yell,  Krsytal responeded, "Well, Unnie [TRANS: Older sister] it's simple. I know you don't want to be at home and working your overtime is tiring. I guessed that your friends were already busy and your last choice was Mr. Jay Park."

Jessica sighed to calm her nerves, then, uttered, "Yes, that's true. But why did you change the message like that!"

The eldest Jung heiress raised her phone up to Krystal's face, showing the newly sent message:

Hi there!  Jessica Jung here...

You've rescued me twice already.

Is it possible that you rescue me again?

"Well, what's wrong with it?" Krystal asked her sister chicly.

"WHAT'S WRONG?!" Jessica said at the top of her lungs as she paced back-and-forth, "You made me sound like a flirt!"

Krystal lightly scoffe and said, "Well, better than being so formal."

Jessica sighed and sat next to her sister, which they talked a bit. Then, Jessica's message notification rings, which both the Jung heiresses quickly check the replied message:

Rescue? Sure!

How may I be of service to you?

The sisters giggled from the reply and tried to figure out what the right words to reply with. Soon, Jessica made plans with Jay for the weekend.


The weekend afternoon Jessica and Jay met up at a cafe, where Jay, then, led her to a closed club.

"Ummm..." Jessica spoke, "I know that I let you decide what we should do because I didn't know what to do. But why here?" As she pointed at the club's dance floor.

Jay responded, "Well, since you're bored... I thought why not I instruct you a bit of dancing."

Jessica looked at him questionably and asked, "Why dancing? What are the benefits for you and me?

"Of course, I know you can enter any other dance classes around Seoul," Jay answered as he trailed around the club's dance floor, "Heck, you can enroll in any dance class in the whole country. But then, I remembered... you don't want any attention since you get it on a daily basis."

Jay continued on by listing her benefits of an exercise to stress relieve and in a stress-free zone. As for Jay's benefits are exercise, too, and he can continue to do his job by killing two birds in one stone. At his last statement, Jessica looked at him confused; so, he explained about his job to be one of the hired entertainment of the club, while he continues to live there. He stared at Jessica, watching her if she understood what he meant, which she did when she nodded.


The two began with light stretches right after Jay pressed play and the music played around the whole club. With the music surrounding them, Jay instructed Jessica with light and easy moves. Then, when he believed that his pupil was ready to combine two-to-three moves into one fluid move, they both repeated that certain movement.

They were at it for an hour enough already that Jay suggested that they take a break. Jessica heaves walking around a bit, while Jay grabbed two water bottles from the bar refrigerator. When he came back and handed the bottled water to her, both of them took a seat onto the dance floor. After taking some gulps of water for rehydration, Jessica lies down on the dance floor. Seeing the heiress lie down, Jay followed a suit.

The music enveloped them around as they rested in silence. Not knowing that they had a few visitors, who came in rowdily. Yet, the dance floor couple didn't hear them for the music and their trance took them somewhere out-of-the-world. The third party visitors whispered amongst themselves inching closer to the two, then, one shocked the couple. By yelling at them for ruining the only red floor tape with their backs. Both Jay and Jessica sat up from the floor and looked where the sound came from. Jessica brought her head down to hide her embarrassment and hiding her face from the visitors. While Jay yelled at them after checking the red tape, which turned out to be a scam.