5 The Apple

Red String

Jessica was woken up by her mother's roughly shaking her and yelling by pointing out the front page newspaper, which highlighted aggression of a drunken woman towards her at the club. As Jessica's mother stomped out of her daughter's room, while Jessica got up from her bed and searched for her name in her phone, where numerous headlines came up:

Scandalous Night for the Ice Princess, Jessica Jung

Ice Princess is a BOYFRIEND STEALER!?!

Has Jessica Jung's Heart melted?

Who is this Mysterious Knight beside the Ice Princess?

She skimmed every single article she found about the club incident. The articles consisted of the incidents's occurances, even with the witnesses and the drunken girl's statements. Not once did the article try to get Jessica's point-of-view that she's the victim not the cause of it. In her frustration, she grunted as she threw her phone on the bed and went straight to the bathroom to clear her head.


After much delibration of her parents' scolding, Jessica went out to talk to Dana sunbae, who lives nearby her club. As she walked towards a condo building about 2-3 buildings away from Club Zoid, she saw red apple rolled onto her foot.

Picking up the fruit and dusting of the dirt, she heard someone yelled out, "SORRY, THAT'S MINE!!"

The yelling figure came running towards her, at which she recognized to be her red knight, Jay Park. Upon reaching her, he heaved and took some breather before speaking.

"Sorry about that," Jay said, "May I help you Miss Jung?"

Jessica cleared, "Please call me as Jessica. Jay Park, right?"

As Jessica stretching her hand out to give Jay back his rolled apple.

Jay responded cheerfully, "Yup!" He took the apple from her and continued, "Are  you here to see Dana?"

"Well," Jessica replied, "Yes and no, both of you is more like it."

Jay led her into the closed club, where she finds Dana behind the bar. At which, Jay announced Jessica's arrival. From there on, Jessica, Dana, and Jay discussed many things; especially, the atrocious incident.


Apparently, Jessica came to discuss with Dana and Jay about employing Jay as a hired one-time bodyguard for the sake of the headlines. 

"How did you come up with that idea?" Dana asked, "Because for sure, your parents would not make up such things."

Jessica explained, "Well, after their constant badgering about him... I just had to say something. In the end, that's what I came up with."

"So, what now?" Jay chimmed into the conversation. "Apparently, I finished my job as a bodyguard, is there anything I need to say or do to prove it?"

Dana answered as she took out her phone and started to type into it, "No worries, you two. I got this."

From then on, Jay's employment as Jessica's one-time bodyguard was shared through the help of Dana and her societal influence posse. Slowly, bit by bit, the club incident died down and forgotten.