3 The Laser

Red String

Jessica went to meet her university sunbaes at a club. For the Jessica, she rarely goes clubbing since her parents did their best to remove any or all possibilities of scandals to occur. Jessica's sunbae, Dana Hong and her family owns a chain of clubs and resorts around Asia, which they recently opened a new club, Zoid, in Seoul.

Jessica called her out "Dana sunbae!!! Lina turned around and the two hugged one another.

Dana said after the hug, "Sooyeon-ah it has been a long time... 5 years right?"

Jessica nodded again and they gave each other a hug again. Dana leads Jessica upstairs to the private rooms to see the other sunbaes. In the private room, Jessica and her other sunbaes squealed and hugged each other. Being way in the private room truly benefitted them for they were away from the loud music of the club and have a little time together.

"You know, Jessica," Lina said, "I'm shocked and happy you came."

Every single one of Jessica's sunbaes agreeed at Lina's statement, where they reminisced how Jessica wasn't allowed to go clubbing and just followed her parents.

"But you know, there was one time..." Stephanie told, "Remember when we dragged Jessica out?"

Jessica shook her head at the certain memory, as Stephanie continued, "We really had to convince her and said we are going to a nearby snack shop."

"We were all in plain clothes," Sunshine added on, "To the point, Dana unnie had to convince the bouncer to let us in. But all Jessica did was sit at the bar."

Jessica said with her head hung low, "Sorry, unnies for being a kill-joy. But Dana sunbae, what exactly did you do to get him to let us in?"

All the attention went to Dana, who told her story that the bouncer wanted a date with her. The bouncer was apparently a college student, who just returned from the mandatory military duty, which Dana agreed to his request. They dated became a one-night stand since Dana would leave for Singapore for the summer break.

"So, you never saw him or contacted him?" Sunshine asked.

"Well..." Dana responded, then, guy came in and she went up next to him, "Guys, I want you to meet my fiancee, Lee Hojae, and he was that bouncer."

Lina exclaimed, "WHAAAT?!"

Jessica asked, "How's that possible? We never gave your details."

"He searched for a year," Dana answered, "and staked me for a year upon seeing me in front page of the opening of the Luxxe Club. Then, we dated for 3 years; he proposed to me last week."

All the girls congratulated Dana and her fiancee, where they hugged her and gave thumbs up to Hojae. Then, Stephanie yells out let's go girls and celebrate.


As her sunbaes danced on the dance floor, just like the reminisced story before, Jessica was, of course, at the bar. Usually, she'll just jam with the rhythm of the music but Jessica focused straight ahead, being more attentive at the center of the dance floor. Any third person following Jessica's eyes, weirdly enough, a red laser connected Jessica and a dancer on the floor. By averting ones eyes to where Jessica's eyeing on, the focus was on a certain B-boy within his break dancing crew. Likewise, the B-boy, also, focused onto Jessica. 

The B-boy and his crew went up to the bar, where they dispersed and talked to their friends, girlfriends or fans. While Jessica averted her eyes to the center of the floor that certain B-boy took a seat away from her and ordering his drink. The seat in-between Jessica and the b-boy was occupied by a ty girl, who talked to the B-boy and touching him, while Jessica averted her attention back to the dance floor. Yet, the B-boy's attention was on Jessica, no caring about his already drunk fan. The girl got off her seat drunkenly dance in front of the B-boy, whose attention was still on Jessica. The drunken girl grabbed a passerby's drink and threw the drink towards Jessica.