6 The Wine

Red String

The talked about event of the month was the extragance of Odette Na's 20th birthday. Rumors were that Odette Na's parents paid for millions to arrange such one-of-a-kind party. Jessica agreed that the party was great as it was but the memory of her heart beating uncontrollably was another thing as she told her sister.

"As in and all the parties attended, we mingle with people in the utmost civil, fake personality we can come up with in avoidance for scandals." As Jessica told the story, "Well, you know about Marcus Ahn?"

"Yeah," Krystal answered, "That he's spoiled, a jackass... and he's always been trying to hit on you."

"Yup, that's right." Jessica continued, "Well, as the night got deeper and me avoiding him, that annoying drunkard tripped over a chair. Then, he pushed me, making me spill red wine all over Odette's silver, white gown."

Krystal listening eagerly to Jessica's story to the point she continued her sister's story, especially, knowing Odette Na's personality. In which, after Jessica spilling onto Odette, she would've screamed really loud to the point all the photographers run up to take the shot to the point Jessica would have another front page field day.

Jessica, then, stopped her younger sister and said, "Part of it is true... Especially, about Odette screaming and the swarming photographers. As of my face in the front page that won't happen."

"Why is that?" Krystal asked as she munched on some chips.

Jessica marinated on that night's feelings to the point Krystal had to snap her sister out the trance. From waking up in her daydream, Jessica finally told her sister what happened because of a knight.


Jessica's POV

After spilling my wine on Odette, I was pulled away to the balcony of the venue. I, even, yelled out to the person who pulled me but when I found out it was Jay... Embarrasment and shame were what I felt at that moment.

Then, I apologized, thanked him and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Well," Jay replied with a nonchalant tone, "To serve. I need to make money."

I looked at him bewildered, then, I noticed his outfit and knew what he meant... He was one of the waiters.

Again, I felt embarrased and said with my head down, "I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be disrespectful and unreaso-"

Then, out of nowhere, I was pushed back to the wall, with Jay leaning closely to me. I blinked at him a couple of times because I didn't know what he was doing, while he looked beyond the windowed doors that we went through. I kept looking at him because he was so close. So close that I saw slight beads of sweat trickling down behind his ear to his neck. He wasn't really paying attention to me for his focus were inside the party, specifically, the guests.

I whispered to him, "Why are we hiding?" 

"Isn't it obivious?" Jay whispered back still very much on alert, "I hiding you to save your face from another scandal waiting to happen. I mean, unless you want to see tomorrow's headlines 'Ice Princess heating it up' or something along those terms."

I scoffed at his statement and retorted, "Well, if I get caught, I can always-"

He cut me off by placing his had over my mouth that my screams were muffled as Jay continued to lean in closer with his tilted head. I tried to push away and wriggle myself free but he just wouldn't budge. Then, the door creaked and outcame a couple giggling. I shut up immediately and, instead of wriggling away, I placed my hands around Jay's waist. While he continued to kiss his own had but to the intruding couple they were only see a another couple kissing, which caused their flirtly attitude to dissipate. The male from the intruding company cleared his throat to be noticed.

Jay turned his head to the rude couple and said, "Do you mind?"

The couple scoffed at his statement and they went back inside leaving the us to continue their act. From the uninvited guests, Jay pulled himself apart from me, checked that they continued to walk away, and then, he apologized to me. I shook my head and thanked him for his quick action for saving my .

"You know," Jessica uttered, "Even though, you don't have the 'bodyguard' title anymore. Thank you for continuing in fulfilling your fake employment."

He chuckled my comment despite how ridiculous but true it was. Awkwardness and silence surrounded as after our little exchange; looking just behind him I was in awe. Jay continued to look at the door and on alert, while I walked the magnificent night view behind the balcony of the venue's flower garden.


No One's POV

Jessica leaned on the railing and took in the scene forgetting all the weight that's on her shoulders. Without uttering another word, Jay went next to the heiress and leaned his back on the railing still on alert mode watching the door. Before the silence was awkward, now both felt it to be quite inviting and comforting. They stayed like that for a few minutes, when Jay broke the silence about going back to his actual job.

"Oh, right." Jessica responded apolegetically.

Jay hands something to Jessica, "Call me," he said," When you need me."

Then, he left the balcony and back to the party. She looked at the crumpled paper in her hand, with the message 'Call me ;}' and seven set of numbers.

 

After her older sister finished telling the story, Krystal was overly giddy as if she experienced her's sister's romantic venture of that night. To the point, the Jung sisters giggled together. Of course, the youngest Jung didn't waste time at all and teased Jessica for she couldn't hide her own little happiness.