The Need to Know

The Boyfriend and The Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Flashback

D.O gripped onto my hand tighter, “bwoh-ah, why did your hand suddenly become so cold Ara?”

It took a while before his words got through my mind as my eyes were still fixated in the direction where the red sports car had gone. I then turned towards D.O who seemed concerned but still had to keep his calm and take note of the road in front of him. I was frantic and just when I was about to open my mouth to tell him what I had saw, I immediately stopped myself.

After such a long period of time, D.O had finally let him go. How can I possibly tell him that I just saw someone who looked exactly like Kang Yoojoon-ssi? And what if I was wrong and I didn’t really see what I thought I did? I would be giving false hope to D.O who once upon a time asked me if I thought Yoojoon-ssi was perhaps alive after the incident; especially when there was no physical evidence of his death.

I decided to keep silence; I couldn’t do something this cruel to D.O. “A… ani… aniyo! It’s just cold” I lied and reached for the dial to turn up the heat. He smiled and finally relaxed his grip on my hands.

I also pretended to return my eyes onto the road but on the inside, I was afraid. Not afraid of the possibility that Yoojoon-ssi may be alive but afraid of the idea that if it wasn’t Yoojoon-ssi, then who is it who looks exactly like him?

*End of flashback

 

He must be a ghost, he must be. I blinked a couple times and shook my head lightly to regain some sense but in the end, he didn’t seem leave my sight at all. I then finally realized: he’s real. And what I saw on Friday was not my insanity.

I remained in the middle of the driveway where I really shouldn’t be standing. Everyone passing by quickly glanced at me and my sweet potatoes on the ground. They were all probably thinking what’s wrong with girl.

I watched him, closely. Each step he took towards the owner’s desk, my eyes would follow. “Hyunbae-ah, this is for you” the owner handed him a couple hundred dollar bills, “the rich fellow left you a tip. He said you did a great job with his car, he likes the upgrades.” He took the money from the owner, “thanks boss.” The owner then patted his shoulder, “keep it up Hyunbae.” He nodded and stuffed the bills into his pocket.

Two boys wearing the same attire went by his side and swung their arms around his neck. “Daebak… yah Lee Hyunbae, dinner’s on you tonight arraso?” the one on the right cheered. The one on the left excitedly agrees, “I want to eat sashimi!” He chuckled, “okay, okay! But it’s only because you two helped me get the parts in so I could do the work on the car.”

All of a sudden, everyone in the shop turned their heads in shock and had their eyes on me; even him. I jumped from his gaze and asked myself once again, how can he look so much like Yoojoon-ssi?

“YAH! GIRL WITH THE GLASSES! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!” the owner yelled from his seat. It was as if his voice had hit my head so hard that it brought me back into reality. That was also when I finally heard the non-stop honking behind me everyone else had heard a while ago. I turned around only to see saw an angry driver in his car waiting for me to get out of the way so he could enter the car shop.

I panicked and im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter