Risk

The Boyfriend and The Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On this early Thursday morning, I was finally discharged from the hospital. The moment the automatic doors had slid opened and I took my first step outside, I closed my eyes and inhaled a large gust of fresh air. The mix of pine trees, fallen leaves and flowers immediately brought a heartwarming smile to my face. It’s this wonderful feeling of freedom again.

I was alone for probably only a couple minutes before D.O snuck up behind me after he had picked up my medication from the hospital’s pharmacy. He had my bag in one hand and his jacket he had taken off for me in the other. He gently placed it over my shoulders before he grabbed my cold hand with his big, comforting, warm ones. He smiled when our eyes met, “let’s go.” I nodded and returned the smile.

 

“Omma, we’re home” I announced as soon as D.O and I entered my house that smelt like yummy breakfast. Omma and appa wanted to come get me from the hospital but since I knew appa had work, I insisted that they didn’t; the same goes for Chunghei and EXO, including D.O, who has school to attend. However, of course, D.O was the only who didn’t listen to me and came to pick me up even though I felt like I was fully capable of taking the bus home.

D.O and I both naturally looked towards the kitchen where we knew omma would always come out from. As expected, she rushed out with a relived smile flashing on her face. Within seconds, I was in omma’s tight embrace. “Ah… my daughter’s home” Omma quietly whispered while rubbing my back gently. I smiled and did the same to comfort her as I knew she was probably on the edge of crying from happiness, “ne omma, Ara’s home.”

 

After the three of us finished omma’s luxurious and delicious breakfast, she decided to head out to get some home necessities. D.O and I offered to accompany her but omma said she wanted to give us alone time, even though she knew we’ve been sticking together like glue for the past couple of days in the hospital.

I sat down on my bed and glanced at the clock on my nightstand that read 9:06AM. “You should head to school” I told D.O who then sat in the chair for desk and rolled towards me. He held my hands, “but I want to stay with you… 10 more minutes?”

D.O has never been an aegyo-type of person nor does he want to be one but why is it whenever he looked at me seriously with his big, dark eyes along with his tiny, cute smile that I become so soft-hearted and eventually give in to what he says? It’s like magic, I swear.

I blinked a couple times myself and forced myself to look away this time, “andwae, you have to go to school. You promised me, remember?” He then leaned in closer making me lean back a little, “…5 minutes?” he asked with his deep husky voice. I bit my lips while still looking away, trying to keep my stance but in the corner of my eyes I already saw D.O smiling.

It was only seconds later that I surrendered to D.O’s indescribable magic once again. I turned and met his eyes, “…only 5 more minutes, then you have to lea…” Before I even got to finish my sentence D.O suddenly moved forwarded and gently pecked my lips, “arraso…” he chuckled. I also let out a chuckle of my own, mostly after recovering from his sudden kiss.

  

15 minutes later and he was still here but somehow, I didn’t want him to leave anymore. We ended up sitting side by side on my floor as we both leaned on my bed frame. He continued holding my right hand that was in his lap as we listened to the new songs EXO has created as a whole. I’ve always enjoyed quiet moments like these with D.O. It seemed like we didn’t need to speak, we just knew what was going through each other’s minds.

“When they called and told me that you were in the hospital again, I didn’t know what to do…” D.O suddenly confessed. Hearing his heav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter