Red Mark

The Boyfriend and The Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day after good night at Chunghei’s and another pleasant shift at work with Mrs. Lee, I had expected to see D.O come pick me up as usual. Coincidently enough, just as I walked out of the door he called and apologized as Mr. Do decided to pull him to an emergency meeting at the company.

He told me that he was going to call Chanyeol to come me home instead but I stopped that from happening. First, it would be too much of a hassle and I would feel terribly bad to have Chanyeol swing by when he lives a long ways away. Second, I knew this was the perfect opportunity for me.

Lee Hyunbae.

-------------------------------------------------------

I eventually paced along the same busy street as I did on Monday. As I got closer to the end, I knew I was only a corner away from the car shop. The tension roaming within me was seriously no joke.

I wondered if he was actually going to be there and if he is, what am I supposed to say or how am I supposed to react. I even started practicing in my head: Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Song Ara. Thanks… Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Song Ara. I came to thank you for… Annyeonghaseyo…

I obviously couldn’t get my words through, which only got me even more nervous.

Finally, I landed on that corner where I unknowingly stopped myself. It was as if my feet were glued to the ground, not being able to move any further. My palms were also getting sweaty.

I closed my eyes for a brief second and took in a deep breath, preparing myself.

Hwaiting Song Ara, you can do this.

Just as I was about take my first step, a voice from behind pulled me back instantly.

“You’re not a stalker, are you?”

I recognized this cold voice, although I had only heard it once on Monday.

With my back still facing him, my chest began to tighten. I immediately brought my hands to my heart and clenched my sweater.

I knew I still had to turn around to face him, so I did. And it wasn’t hard for him to notice that I was in pain.

His original poker face switched into shocked and concerned one. He then reached out and held onto both sides of my arms, “…Bwoh-ah, are you going to faint again?”

I knew my back was slowly hunching towards him and I was glad that he was keeping me up.

“Should I take you to the hospital?”

I managed to shake my head and mumbled, “I’ll… be o… okay.”

He quickly took a look around at the hectic amount of people walking by before returning his eyes on me, “arasso, come.” He squatted and pulled my arms down with him making me get on his back, “I’ll take you to the car shop.”

It didn’t hit me that he was giving me a piggy back until we entered the shop where all the guys and the boss seemed stunned. However, he ignored all of their comments and headed straight upstairs into a quiet office area.

After closing the door behind us, he gently placed me down onto a leather couch. My hand went back onto my left chest as I sat there taking steady breaths with my eyes on his from time to time.

He remained crouched down by my side, “what do you need? Pain-killers? Water?”

I shook my head, “I… I’m fine… really.” And I wasn’t lying, my rhythm was somehow slowing down. His gaze was extremely familiar like Yoojoon-ssi’s in pictures, it was… comforting.

He st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter