Dinner at the Do's

The Boyfriend and The Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As D.O switched the gear into ‘park’, I leaned forward to take a better view at the brightly lit mansion I had spotted a long ways away. It was literally like those you’d see in fairy-tale books; perfectly mowed, rich, jade green lawn filled with various rare species of flowers and a long, wavy, marble paved walkway right in the middle leading to the grand cherry wood front doors with luxurious golden handles.

The mansion itself was painted with a mix between sandy beige and milky white; it may sound like a plain color but the detailed silver framed arched windows on every floor really brought out elegance and high-status.

I gulped nervously at the overwhelming scene. This is D.O’s house…

D.O then distracted me with the sound of his laugh, “don’t worry!” He placed his hand on my shaky ones, “think of it as having dinner at your own house” he told me as a way to calm me down.

I looked blankly into his eyes. How can I possibly think that way? But I still nodded to not have him worry.

He smiled, “let’s go then.”

Right after D.O looked away I reached for the door. Before I could even step out I was quickly thrown back into the seat by a sudden ‘chuk!’ I surprisingly looked down realizing what the sound was all about and buried my face in embarrassment while holding in the laughter.

I was so nervous that I even forgot to take off my own seatbelt.

D.O who heard the same thing turned around and laughed. He got out of the car not able to contain his smile and came over to my side to take the seatbelt off for me. With his face less than an inch away from my mine, his cold, soft lips met my burning cheeks, “c’mon silly one.”

Flustered, I followed his guide and headed towards the mansion.

 

D.O reached for his keys in his pockets with his right hand while I tightly grasped onto his left with both of mine. “Wait! I totally forgot! I need to buy something for your parents as a first meeting gift!” I exclaimed and pulled D.O back stopping him from opening the door any further, “can we quickly go do that now?!” I pleaded.

D.O let out a sigh with a warming smile and caressed my cheek, “don’t worry about it Ara-ah… they won’t mind…”

“Of course we don’t mind!” Both D.O and I immediately looked towards the sudden bright light that shined on us from the opened door.

My eyes widened; there stood D.O’s parents. Oh my god.

Seeing Mr. Do in his white dress-shirt with a black tie and Mrs. Do in her long sleeve black lace dress, I blamed myself for not wearing something more formal.

I quickly gasped, releasing D.O’s hand and bowed 90 degrees with my hands in front, “ann… annyeo… annyeongha…. Annyeonghaseyo!”

Not daring to look up again, I then felt a pair of delicate hands around mine. “Ara-ah…” I cautious raised my head meeting Mrs. Do’s welcoming eyes. She smiled elegantly, “you don’t have to be so formal, we’re… family right?”

I couldn’t believe my ears.  I’m… family to them? I let out a blessed smile in response to her words. I looked over her shoulders and saw Mr. Do keeping his cool with his hands in his pockets but still nodded in agreement when he caught me looking at him.

D.O happily watched over his omma and I, “dinner time?” Mrs. Do happily nodded, “shall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter