Past and Present

It's not my fault

"What's wrong with Kai? Why is he being so...angry?" Baekhyun was so confused. Why was Kai so angry at him? He couldn't understand and now, Kyungsoo was crying. He hugged Kyungsoo tighter and cooed to him to comfort him.

'


Kai stood in front of the mirror in the guest bathroom. His reflection stared back, but he saw nothing but a monster. A monster that made Kyungsoo cry and screamed at him too, a monster that had and probably knocked up his wife's bestfriend. He couldn't believe it himself. He remembered coming home with Kyungsoo last night and ye remebered hearing that wonderful voice but why was it someone else in his bed? He didn't think he could have made such an obvious mistake...A mistake that could lead to him having an illegitimate child with someone that his beloved also held dearly. He didn't know what he was angry at anymore...Kyungsoo for semingly not caring, Baekhyun that he found in his bed or himself, who let all these stupid things happen.

He banged his hands on the sink. This can't be. He pulls off his shirt and sits on the shower floor, turning the shower on and letting the water cool his hot head. The water cascaded onto his skib and made his tense muscles relax.

"Kyungsoo, i'm so sorry...it wasn't my fault....i love you so much..." Tears fell from his eyes but they were unnoticed because of the water from the shower.

 


"Are you going to be okay? You can always come with me for a while, Chanyeol won't mind. He treats you like family too and...it'll be better for you to handle the child..." Baekhyun clutch his own stomach then rubbed Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo looked sokay but Baekhyun was sure that Kyungsoo was sad and also worried. This would be the first time in many years that Kai has raised his voice towards Kyungsoo.

Their relationship wasn't perfect but fights were always small and it never led to raised voices. Kai would never just leave like that, why was Kai so angry? It made no sense...It was like he still held hurt feelings from before...


FLASHBACK


Kyungsoo knew he needed to trust his husband but...The rumors and all that were discomforting. He couldn't shake off the feeling that even though Kai was trustworthy, temptation was still all around him. He walked on the narrow hall, this was were people saw Kai coming in and out with another woman. Baekhyun told him he should trust his gut but to also follow his heart...and right now his heart was pounding so fast it feels like it'll explode...his gut was telling him to it up and confront Kai.

The hall ended and now he was in front of the room he dread. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he brings himself to knock on the door. He waits for awhile then the door opens. What Kyungsoo feared was in front of him.

 


Kai opened the door and came face to face with the man he promised his love forever. Kyungsoo was in front of him, eyes bigger than usual and nearly popping out of his head. On any other occassion this would have been cute but now, it was horrifying. He was half with only a towel around his waist in a hotel room in front of Kyungsoo who was dressed too lightly for the season and yet he didn't shiver from the cold.

 

 

Kyungsoo shivered, but not from the cold but he shivered from the emotions wracking his body. Tears fell from his eyes and though he wanted to scream and hate Kai, he couldn't. He wanted to punch Kai but his arms were frozen by his side. He knew no matter what painful things he wanted to do to Kai, he couldn't do any of them...because he loved Kai too much for that.

"Kai, who's at the door?" It was a woman. Her accent thick and very European. So it was true, Kyungsoo wasn't enough anymore. He started walking back then he turns around to face away from Kai as he walks. He didn't want him to see him in an even more pathetic state than he already was.

 


Kyungsoo started to turn away and walk out. Kai stared at his retreating back, unmoving. The he was having a casual with every now and then came beside him and clutched his arm. She was rubbing her chest clad in his own shirt all over his arm. Looking at this woman, he noticed that there was nothing in her that attracted him and then the guilt settled in.

Kyungsoo was now a block away from the hotel that Kai was in. It was definitely too cold to just be wearing a plain shirt and jeans with his feet in only simple sneakers. He rubbed his shoulders to try to retain warmth. Where was he supposed to go now? He couldn't go back to their apartment, the memories of all the times he spent with the man he could never hate. He heard heavy crunching in the snow. Must be some children running around. A hand shot out and grabbed Kyungsoo, making him panic. Was he gonna br robbed?

"Kyungsoo, wait...haah...wait...please..." it was Kai. His shirt was on him but the buttons were in the wrong holes. He wasn't wearing pants, just the towel he was wearing earlier and he was out of breath, bent at the waist and tying to catch his breath.

"Kyungsoo, I'm sorry. Forgive me..."

" I...I don't think I can forgive you that easily...I...I can't trust you anymore..." Kyungsoo felt a little glad that Kai chased him but he knew he couldn't be a fool. One mistake can be repeated many times.

"Will this giving you my life gain your trust in me back?" Kyungsoo looked at Kai, there was a hopeful gleam in his eyes and his hand held Kyungsoo's tight in a comforting grip. Kyungsoo didn't quite understand what Kai meant. He tilted his head and sent a questioning gaze towards Kai.

"I want us to get married, that way...even if i'm tempted to cheat i'll remember that you'll aleays be tied to me and that i would always be tied to you." Kyungsoo was shocked. He got what Kai wanted but he was too surprised to answer and when he got a hold of himself, he was stuttering.

"I...You...isn't this going too fast?...i mean you just cheated on me...how would i even know you wouldn't do it again when we...get..married..." Those last words made a dark redding on Kyungsoo's cheek blossom.

 


Kai knew what he was saying was odd and given that not less than ten minutes ago he was caught by his Kyungsoo in a hotel room with another woman but he also knew that his heart would always be with Kyungsoo. He decided that moment he saw Kyungsoo's retreating back that the pain he felt in his heart was just heart burn or something, it was the pain of having the one he loves away from him. He knows it was rash and Kyungsoo may not even agree so easily to marrying a bastard that had just cheated on him but he had hope that he could get his man back...and even if he had to beg, he would do it.

" That's why i want us to get married, that way i will always be with you and you will always be with me." Kyungsoo didn't look anymore convinced than he did a few minutes ago...So Kai did what he knew would get him married to the beautiful person in front of him. He got down on his knees in front of Kyungsoo and took out a treasure he held dearly. It was a ring that his mother had given him. He always kept it with him and knew he would only give it to the one he loved, and that person was right here in front of him.

"Kyungsoo, WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

 


This was so embarrasing. In the middle of the street, Kai dressed only in his white long sleeved dress shirt and a towel wrapoed around his waist was proposing to him and in front of all those people who were now staring at them and cooing at how cute they were. His blush only got brighter and he couldn't say no. The ring Kai presented him was very precious to Kai, he knew. He had only been allowed to touch it when it fel after the chain broke, the value it held in Kai's heart was big and the fact that he was willing to embarrass himself in front of all these people, Kai must be really serious.

So with cheeks as red as a tomato and a slight shivering from the cold he answered. " Fine, i'll marry you, just...please let's take this home, you're being embarrasing."

 


FLASHBACK END


 

Kyungsoo smiledbat the memory. They were only together for 2 years then, and now they held on and were married for 8. But that's what he hated with this memory. The Kai then was so different from the Kai this morning. This morning , that person was different, he was angry, anxious and he loked depressed. It saddened Kyungsoo that Kai was so jumpy and now he was probably drowning himself in self-pity and anger.

Why was Kai pressing on with him sleeping with Baekhyun? He knows his best friend would never betray him and besides, Baekhyun was madly in love with another tall handsome guy, Chanyeol. Does this mean...

 


A loud bang interrupted Kyungsoo's thoughts. It came from the guest bathroom. He hurriedly ran and dreaded what he might see. Behind the door, Kyungsoo could hear the shower running but nothing else. He opened the door and saw red...

 



Next update will take a little longer but expect it by the end of the week.