The Scary and The Cute, Big Brothers pt. 2

It's not my fault

“Kris gege, it’s about Kai…He’s in the hospital right now” It was his baby brother’s wife calling him. The words registered quickly and he’s groggy state became clear. Kris sat up from his bed and checked the clock. He was still in Canada and it was nearly 3 am, it was probably a much tolerable time in Korea but he couldn’t tell. His worry and anxiousness was settling in but not showing on his calm demeanor.

“Kyungsoo, what do you mean that Jongin is in the hospital? What happened?” He heard a choked sob and the once clear baritone voice became laced with both fear and this sadness that the older has never heard in the younger’s voice.

“He…we had a fight and I stayed on the porch…when I came in I heard a thud, I rushed to the bathroom where I came from and then I saw him…He was on the floor and there was blood everywhere…” Kyungsoo was now fully sobbing and Kris could hear him tearing up and sniffling.

“How long has he been in the hospital?”

“It’s already been 2 days” Why was Kyungsoo only calling him now?

“What? Why have you called me only now? Why didn’t you call me when it happened?” Kyungsoo stopped sobbing and seemed to be holding his breath, Kris could tell. He knew raising his voice was no good because Kyungsoo was probably emotionally rattled. He couldn’t help it though, this was his brother they were talking about, he couldn’t just feel nothing but the baited breath and the sobbing returned. It made him feel bad making Kyungsoo sadder than he already was.

“I’m sorry, gege…I...your assistant told me to call you 2 days after because you were still…busy…and…I’m sorry…” It was a mix of incoherent apologies and an explanation, it made him feel more like the he was acting like. He breathed in and calmed himself.

“It’s okay. Just text me the info and I’ll be there soon. I’m sorry I raised my voice on you, I’m just worried.” Kyungsoo agreed and said goodbye. Kris got up from his bed, it was useless to try to sleep now, he was deathly worried for his younger brother now. He went to his bathroom and started to run a bath. He would take his time now, by 7 he would book the flight back to Korea to see his baby brother.

The bath was drawn and he got in. The tub was large enough that he didn’t need to bend his knees and he was happy with that, he remembered the last time Jongin was here

 


FLASHBACK


 

“Neh, gege, can I take a bath in your room? Your tub is so big, I wanna try it out!” Kris was uncertain to let his mischievous brother use his clean and favorite bath but he guess being the maknae in their family, Jongin had a charm to make his older brother’s submit.

“Okay, but you have to remember that that bathroom has to stay clean!”

 


FLASHBACK END


 

Regardless of what he said, Jongin still managed to make it incredibly dirty and wet. He gave Jongin an earful after that and the cleaning lady that came on that day gave both him and his brother an evil glare when she saw the mess.

Jongin was always like that, spoiled but affectionate. He had never experienced the hardship before he was born so he had always gotten what he wanted. He was spoiled but he wasn’t rotten, he got his way with both their parents and Luhan but Kris would always try to be responsible and not give, which he has failed in more than one occasion. But he hated it when Jongin found out about his rebellious streak when he was in high school, Jongin was roughly 5 years younger so he was still very young when Kris was starting to rebel against their parents so he never saw that side of his elder brother, something Kris was thankful with.

But one stupid day, Jongin, who attended the same prestigious school Kris went to, found old pictures and stories of his elder brother. It lit up a weird light that made Kris regret not burning all the proof. Jongin had startedto become rebellious and was going out on dates every night and had a different person every night, or so he heard. He was away at university so he couldn’t help out trying to control his younger brother. Their mother would call  and be crying about how his baby boy was acting like a delinquent and blaming Kris for being a bad influence. Luhan would then stand up to their mother and say that it wasn’t Kris’s fault. Then their mother would cry harder and then say that she did all she could but all her children were turning bad after that he would hang up. His mother could be so melodramatic sometimes, it was very discomforting. He was glad, their father was able to pacify things and Jongin because a little less wild. He still kept up the one night stands but would be home before curfew, how he managed that, Kris would never know.

Then it happened, Jongin got into a relationship, a real one. Kris heard that Jongin had started to act like his old self, the sweet and not the wild child he became. He would come home after school and study. Sometimes he would be out till a little later with the dance practice he had with a school club. He was in love and he was behaving because this person who he was in love with was kind of not used to the bad boy heartthrob hitting on him. Kris was overjoyed and wanted to meet with whomever it was that tamed his wild beast of a brother.

 


FLASHBACK


 

It was Jongin’s birthday, the 18th that time, so Kris went home to celebrate with the family. It wasn’t a wild party but a small dinner with family, Chanyeol, the neighbor they had that was nearly as tall as Kris but was more childish than Jongin, and the person that tamed Jongin, his lover. He had waited in the living room, a book as his cover, he wanted to see the person who he owed thanks for giving his family their Jongin back.

“Kris gege, I want you to meet someone. Luhan gege and our parents have already met him so I’ll introduce him to you now.” Jongin was blonde then but his hair was less rambunctious and seemed to fit him. He wasn’t dressed in leather, like the last family dinner before his relationship, and he wasn’t being a brat. It was a great improvement!

 Kris stood up and looked at his brother, a boy was behind him, he was a lot shorter than Kris but was the perfect size for Jongin. Chanyeol was chatting with the boy but the boy looked up to him when he stood. The boy had big eyes that seemed to make people see him in an owlish manner but he wasn’t ugly, he was adorable looking, like a small lost child.

“Gege, this is Kyungsoo. He is my boyfriend.” Jongin was incredibly excited but his tone was one that was searching for approval. Kris looked at Jongin then at the boy, Kyungsoo and smiled.

“Hello, I’m glad to finally meet the one who tamed my brother.”

“Oh, thank you. I’m glad to meet you too.”

 


FLASHBACK END


 

But now was no time for reminiscing. He needed to get to Jongin as soon as he can. He had booked the earliest flight he could, at 9 am, and was already at the holding station for the plane to arrive. There weren’t a lot of passengers because most took the midday flights, just a few passengers sat around.

Then a loud bang sounded. He looked back to the doorway and saw a kid, he was about Luhan’s age, but he looked like he just got out of a party. His ears had multiple piercings, more than Kris had, and his hair was shaved on the sides. On his face were what looked like designer shades that screamed expensive, it covered most of his face. He carried with him one small Gucci bag that seemed to make him look more manly than girly. His blonde hair framed his face and made him look really cool. He wore a long black coat that reached to mid-thigh and leather skinny jeans.

Kris looked at him with mild disdain and amusement. The kid looked hot but Kris didn’t like the brat type people. The kid looked around and sat next to him, by the plugs, and then proceeded to charge his phone. He left his bag by the wall where the plug was and sat on the edge seat next to Kris. He cursed under his breath the habit he had of sitting one seat away from the edge. The kid looked at him and took off his shades. He looked way hotter without them, Kris hated to admit.

“Uhmm…could you guard my stuff? I need to go to the bathroom.” The kid spoke in this melodious tone that had an accent to it, it was different but alluring. Kris nodded and the kid stood up, took off his coat, revealing a tight fitting red long sleeve shirt, and walked off to the restrooms.

 


 

Tao went into the bathroom , nearly colliding with the door and took a piss. He had been holding it since an hour ago at his house. He had a long ride and he couldn’t risk peeing just anywhere, his clothes would get messy. He finished and washed his hands. He silently thanked whoever chose that hot piece of man that had helped him by guarding his things. He patted his hands on his leather pants and went back.

“Thanks for guarding my stuff, Mr..?” He held out his hand and waited for a reply. The man looked at him, stoic.

“Call me Kris. And you’re welcome.”

“Thanks. I’m Tao by the way.” He sat back down, putting his coat on his lap and waiting for the plane to arrive. He looked over to his seatmate and against all the voices saying he shouldn’t talked to him again.

“So, where you headed?”

“Korea.” The reply was short and it also gave the double meaning of stop talking to me. But Tao was a little dense when it came to these things.

“I see, me too. I’m gonna meet my cousin. His husband was injured so I’m coming by to help him cope with the situation.” The man next to him nodded and went back staring forward. Tao, the dense little fellow, continued.

“So…how about you? Why are you going to Korea?” He knew he was being nosy but he didn’t know he was annoying. Kris looked at him then answer, albeit annoyed.

“I’m going to see someone, an important person.” Tao’s face fell a bit but he didn’t want to seem disappointed. Here, he thought he could have some man meat while on the plane but seeing as this person was going to see someone who was important, he shut up and looked to his phone.

‘Such is the sad world I live in, can’t even find a good guy to lose my ity too..’ Were the last thoughts that went through Tao as the passengers of their flight were being called in.



I know it's short and all of you want me to get on to what happened with Kai and Kyungsoo but wait, i really need to develop this part too!!

Please drop a line or upvote...I'm demanding this because...well...i want to. 

Come on! It'll inspire me to right more and if i write more, that means more updates. 

Hehe, me being demanding is only becaue i need chocolate...

Anyway, PLEASE DROP A LINE for me and what not. K?