The Orphan and The Lonely Girl

The Loner and The Queenka

 

            Hyunseung and Minhyo arrived at the Han River. Luckily, the weather outside was warm and the sun was just about to set. Minhyo was looking out at the water, while he stared at her. Her hair flew gracefully in the wind; it was like he was watching some sort of movie. Then suddenly she turned to him, he looked away blushing, hoping she didn’t notice him staring.

            “You must think I’m like all the other queenkas huh? But no, I’m not. Unlike them, I actually have a heart” he looked back at her once he heard the sternness in her voice.

            “I didn’t choose to be a queenka, I myself don’t even call or consider myself one. Honestly Hyunseung, if I could take back ever becoming queenka, I would. They only consider me one since my parents are rich and I guess I’m not ugly” you’re beautiful “Everyone thinks my life is just perfect, but it’s not. My parents are never home because of their business, I have no siblings so I’m home alone, unless you count my maids. And the choice of hanging out with you is to make up for my idiot boyfriend’s actions towards you. I really don’t like how he treats you, I try to stop him but he doesn’t want to listen, mianhae”

           Hyunseung could see a flash of sadness in her always twinkling eyes. He took a step forward, wanting to take her into his arms, but stopped before he could do anything he might regret. She has a boyfriend Hyunseung.

            “It’s been awhile since I’ve talked to someone so comfortably” she admitted.

           “It’s been awhile since I’ve talked” he joked, which worked when Minhyo let out a little giggle. It was like bell chimes in his ear. He liked the sound, it made him smile. Which was another thing he hasn’t done in while.

            “Oh, so Jang Hyunseung also smiles? I get to hear you talk and see you smile? It feels like I’ve just won the lottery. By the way, what caused you to stop talking? You never talked even when the teacher asked you to” He hesitated for a moment. He could trust her right? She had just spilled out what she felt; could he do the same also? He sat against a tree and Minhyo sat beside him.

            “My-my parents died in a car accident 5 years ago. I guess I was so much in shock, that I couldn’t speak a single word” Minhyo’s eyes instantly watered and enveloped him into a big hug. Hyunseung must have looked like a tomato by how red he was.

            “Who do you live with?” she asked against his ear. Oh god, she’s so close.

            “I-I live by my-myself” dang it Hyunseung! Stop stuttering! Minhyo withdrew herself from the hug and looked at him in the eyes. Could he get any redder? He instinctively looked away, trying to hide his red face.

            “I guess we have one thing in common”

            “Minhyo, can I ask you a question?”

            “Yeah sure”

            “Does Junhyung make you happy?” Why did you just ask that?!

            Minhyo looked at him and said nothing for a while then brought her knees to her chest.

            “At first he did, I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. But now, he’s just a bully and honestly, I act like I don’t see how he flirts around with the other queenkas, especially Hara. Now I feel like I have nobody.”

            “I guess we have another thing in common. You deserve better Minhyo.” He really couldn’t believe what he had just said. But Minhyo simply rested her head on her knees and smiled at Hyunseung, looking him in the eyes.

            “You’re right, I do deserve better.”

            They ended their day with Hyunseung boldly asking to walk her half-way home, which she agreed to; he earned a small good-bye kiss on the cheek that turned him tomato red. Now Hyunseung lay in his bed in his small empty officelet. Days like this, he would usually be tossing and turning to go to sleep, but he felt warm and nice because of Minhyo. His throat itched a little since he wasn’t used to talking, but he didn’t mind. He fell asleep peacefully, with his hand brought up to his cheek and a smile glued to his face.

------------------------------------------------------

A longer chapter than the others :D

A really sweet one I must say.

So the other queenkas in the story are Kara. I'm not a huge fan of them but I put them in because of the Junhyung/Hara news.

I know it doesn't seem like it, but I'm actually using this story to support them. You'll probably understand in the last chapter.

Please comment and/or subscribe! ^^