8: Marriage Life

Fade Away

A year later, Nana and Kris graduated from high school then were forced to marry almost instantly. Nana had asked her best friend Lizzy if she wanted to come but never got a reply.

Nana's P.O.V

"I don't see why we have to get a portrait painted.." I mumbled.

"My family like to have all the married couples painted for their wall of marriages or something.." Kris said. "And also, my grandmother really likes your face for some reason."

"I figured that out at the wedding when she wouldn't stop staring at me.." I said, laughing slightly.

"Stay still please." The painter said.

I sighed, it was going to be a long day.

 

I was right. Eight hours later I'd had enough of Kris holding me. My face was going stiff from the same expression.

"Can we stop yet?" I asked.

"..Might as well. I already have the basics, I just need to put some colour on." Said the painter.

I relaxed and went straight to my room and stared out of the window. It was a cold night, there was a full moon. Most nights I came here to look at the sky, but I also thought about Lizzy. I hadn't seen her ever since we graduated and since she'd left I had no idea where she could be.

"Nana, it seems every time I'm here you're always looking out of the window. What's wrong?" It was Kris.

"Nothing.." I mumbled, clearly lying.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" He asked, standing next to me.

"..I want to see Lizzy." I said, looking up at him.

"Lizzy? Oh right, Lizzy. Well.. I have some goodish news about her." He said. "My father says he heard a girl called Lizzy was looking for a job, so he hired her because we're desperate for a housekeeper who doesn't leave all the doors open like the house elves."

"So.. He c-could have found her?" I gasped.

"Possibly. But also, there's bad news.." He said. "I overheard my parents talking with yours.. And they.. They want us to have children."

"..I don't want to have children yet though!" I yelled.

"Nana, don't shout so loud, they'll hear us!" He whispered furiously.

Someone was walking towards the door, we both looked at each other.

"Hold me." I mumbled.

Kris quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and we pretended to look really in love. The door opened, and both our mothers walked in.

"Sorry to disturb you both, but we'd like to talk to Nana." My mother said.

Kris let go and I followed them into the living room.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

After graduating I decided that I should get a job, so every day I would go into the city and ask for a job. Eventually a man called Mr. Wu said I could work for him and live at his house since I lived such a long way away, so I went home and told my parents I had a job then packed my bags and set off. On the journey I realised who Mr. Wu could possibly be. Kris's father. That meant Kris would be there. If Kris was there then Nana wouldbe too. But would she remember me? When I finally arrived it was midnight. I knocked on the door and it took a while for someone to answer. I recognised the person instantly. It was Kris.

"Hello Lizzy. My father told me you would be arriving. Let me take you to your room." He said, helping me inside.

"Thank you." I said.

He took me to my room which was near to where the house elves would be.

"My father will move you to a better room soon, but this is the only one we have available for now." He said, then he left me to settle.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and a tall, beautiful girl entered.. Nana.

"Unnie!" I gasped.

She locked the door and ran over and hugged me.

"I never thought I'd see you again.." She said, playing with my hair. "We can't talk for long though.. You have to rest.. You have been travelling for a long time.." She picked me up and carried me to the bed. "We will talk tomorrow.. I just had to see you again.."

"Nana.. Please stay a bit longer.." I said as she started to walk away.

"I can't.. Or else Kris's grandmother might see me walking around." She said, then she hurried out.