6: Kris Wu

Fade Away

Nana's P.O.V

Everyone pretty much knew that the Im's and the Wu's were the richest families, but it seemed weird that I was the one being forced into a marriage with one of them. I'd known Kris all my life so it would be quite awkward to just roll up and say 'Hey Kris, I know I said you were gross when we were seven or something but we're getting married now, my parents say so'. I was quite angry, but Lizzy was crying.

"Nana.. No.. You can't.. What about-" She started.

"Lizzy.. I'm sorry.. It's beyond my power. I can't change it.. You don't know my parents, they might seem nice but that's only because I obey the rules.. If I rebelled against them, they'd take away my powers.." I said, sighing.

"I love you though! You can't just tell me to stop loving you!" She yelled. "Does our relationship mean anything to you?!"

"Of course it does! I didn't say you had to stop! Lizzy.. You don't understand.." I mumbled.

"I do understand! You'd rather be with some stuck up rich kid than me!" Lizzy yelled.

I transformed to my fennec fox form and ran out.

"HEY I'M NOT DONE TALKING TO YOU IM JINAH!"

I heard loud footsteps from behind. I ran into a room and the footsteps faded away.

"Well.. What do we have here?" Said a voice.

I looked up. Great. Just the person I wanted to see.. Kris.

"Hm.. What are you.." He picked me up and studied me closely. I wiggled around to show my discomfort. "Yah.. Stop moving, I need to know what you are and who you belong to."

He placed me on his desk and looked at me. Every time he tried to poke me I went to bite his hand. He took out a book about animals and flicked through the pages until he found a picture of a fennec fox.

"Fennec fox.. Why are you here? You should be in the desert.." He mumbled, then he picked me up again.

I growled, then suddenly forgot I was an animal and wasn't supposed to talk. "Put me down!"

He dropped me quickly and stared at me. "You're not a real animal. Show your true form."

I changed back to my human form. "Tell anyone I was here and I'll hurt you."

"..Why were you a fox? Why did you come in here?" He asked, puzzled.

"I'm an animagus. I was being chased." I said. "I didn't exactly want to see you right now, but I didn't know this was your room."

"Why were you being chased? Why don't you want to see me? Aren't we friends Nana?" He asked, looking sad.

"Lizzy was chasing me because I ran off. I thought your parents would have told you. And yeah, we're friends." I said.

"..What about my parents?" He asked. "What is it? Tell me."

I took out the letter from my pocket and read the main part to him.

'We have decided that you will be married to Kris Wu when you leave school.'

"..What?! They could have asked if it was okay first!" He said, looking shocked.

"HAS ANYONE SEEN A FOX?!" A loud voice echoed from outside.

"Quick, hide." He said. "Under the bed."

I turned into my fox form and crawled under the bed and hid. I watched as Lizzy entered the room.

"Hey Kris, have you seen a fox anywhere? I seem to have lost her." She said, it was evident she'd been crying.

"No.. Sorry. No fox has come into my room. Good luck finding her." Kris said. Lizzy left sadly.

I crawled back out and transformed back to human.

"Lizzy is upset because she doesn't want me to marry you." I said, sitting on his bed.

"Why? Does she think I'm a total jerk or something?" He asked, chuckling.

I shrugged. "I don't know. You should've told her to go to Raina for help with her fox."

We both looked at each other and burst into laughter. We laughed for almost five minutes, then we remembered what we were talking about and stopped.

"But yeah.. I guess if we're going to get married, we should at least get used to talking again. You forgot about my existance Nana." Kris said, sitting next to me.

"I never forgot, it's hard being head girl." I said. "How could I forget you anyway? I spent almost all of my life in school with you."

There was a small silence. "..Nana.. We'll have to kiss at that wedding.."

"I already kissed you when we were ten, then I called you gross." I said, grinning.

"But that was like six years ago. You can't exactly refuse to kiss me anymore." He said. "We should make it less awkward."

"Jeez Kris, we're not even going out and you want to kiss?" I asked, frowning.

"I'm just saying, if we do it now we won't be as awkward in the wedding!" He said.

"Fine then, come here." I said, pulling him closer.

We both stopped an inch away from each other's faces.

"Nana. You smell nice." He said, grinning.

"It's perfume." I said, then we kissed.

"Kris are you sure- I KNEW IT! IM JINAH! YOU LIAR! YOU DON'T WANT ME! YOU WANT SOME STUPID RICH KID!" Lizzy was stood in the doorway shrieking at us.

"Lizzy! I can e-" I started.

"No! I don't want your stupid excuses anymore! You want to marry a snobby rich kid then fine, but you're missing out!" She stormed out.

"Lizzy are you-" I heard Raina's voice.

"Go away." Said Lizzy, then I heard a door slam.