5: The Fox

Fade Away

Nana's P.O.V

Lizzy was very distant from me for the next week, every time I tried to talk to her she'd ignore me. Little did anyone know, I'd secretly trained to be an animagus ever since I came to the castle and it was finally working. My animal was a fennec fox. I decided I'd try to make Lizzy like me again even if it meant becoming a fox. One evening I was waiting for Lizzy to return and I climbed onto her bed in my fox form and pretended to be asleep. She came in and I heard a small gasp.

"W-What are you?" She picked me up and I opened my eyes and stared at her innocently. "I.. I.." She looked around. "I need to find your owner."

I whined pathetically and saw her eyes tear up. Just then, Jooyeon entered.

"Hey Li- what is THAT."

"I don't know! It was on my bed.. It's so cute though.." Lizzy whimpered.

"Lizzy, you can't keep it. It could be dangerous." Jooyeon said.

"It's not dangerous! It's cute!" Lizzy said, pouting.

"It's probably Nana's if it was in here, she always has a weird pet." Jooyeon mumbled, then she left.

"Y.. You belong to Nana-ssi?" She asked. I squeaked and wagged my tail. She sighed. "Nana-ssi might be mad if I play with you. Even though I love Nana-ssi I'm not allowed to be with her since we're both underaged.. Apparently it's Nana-ssi's birthday soon. I don't mind if she doesn't wait for me to be old enough." I looked up at her, waiting for her to carry on. "But.. I don't see why it's such a big deal. Nana-ssi is gentle with me, she treats me well.." She sighed again. "I just wish Nana-ssi would underst- Hey where are you going?!"

I crawled away quickly and ran out of the room. Lizzy didn't chase me.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I wasn't sure if that was actually Nana's pet, but I was trying to think of what I was going to tell her.

Your thing ran away Nana-ssi. I couldn't chase it.

Thing. I didn't even know what it was. I sighed, then Nana walked in.

"..Your thing ran away Nana-ssi. I couldn't chase it." I mumbled.

"Thing? She's a fennec fox. She doesn't always stay here, it's fine." She said.

She climbed up onto her bed and yawned.

"Nana-ssi, can I ask you something?" I looked up at her.

"You just did." She said, smirking.

"Seriously. When is your birthday?" I asked.

"September 14th. Tomorrow." She said. "Why are you asking?"

"..Does that mean you're sixteen?" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm having a party. You can come if you want to."

"Okay.. Thanks Nana-ssi.." I said, then I went onto my own bed.

I heard snoring from above, then I fell asleep too. I woke up an hour later and the fox was back.

"Oh.. You again.. Annyeong." I sat up and the fox jumped onto my bed and cuddled up to me. "Nana-ssi didn't tell me your name, so I guess you're just fox for now.." The fox squeaked and looked to be in pain. "W..What's wrong?"

The fox squealed loudly, I noticed things were starting to change. It was growing.. Turning more human-like.. I shut my eyes tightly and covered my ears as the squeals turned to loud groans. I felt the shape of a human on top of me. I opened my eyes. It was Nana.

"..Hello." She said. "I seem to have a problem."

"..You're the fox?" I asked, frowning.

"Maybe." She said.

"But-" I started. She stopped me by pulling me closer.

"It's almost my birthday. Jooyeon's not here. Nobody will know." She whispered, then kissed me.

"N.. Nana-ssi.." I gasped as her hand slid down my body.

 

Two years later...

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

"Nana, wake up." I tugged the blankets off her.

"No.. Five more minutes.." She groaned.

"You're going to fail that test again if you don't get up then your parents will take away your animagus powers all together." I said.

She sighed and sat up. Nana was the head girl of the school and today she'd be taking her animagus test again since she was trying to improve her skills. Over the past few days I'd been trying to make her study for it but she wouldn't listen. She took her books and left.

Nana was eighteen years old tomorrow. I was fifteen. Jooyeon and Uee were still watching us closely, we hadn't been alone together for more than five minutes. Soon Nana would be leaving the school and living with her parents.

That evening, Nana returned, this time having passed her test, but she looked quite sad.

"What's up?" I asked, sitting next to her.

"My parents.. They've arranged for me to marry someone.." She mumbled.

"Who?!" I gasped.

"..Kris Wu."