3: Just A Kid

Fade Away

"You can't do these kinds of things Nana, she's just a kid."

Lizzy's P.O.V

I woke up and felt someone pressed up against me. I rolled over and saw it was Nana.

"Nana-ssi.. Why are you in my bed.." I said sleepily.

"It's warm here next to you." She said, pulling me closer. "You don't have to call me Nana-ssi you know, Nana or unnie is fine. Anyway, I'll get up now since you're awake."

She started to climb over me but ended up falling on top of me. Jooyeon entered, then stopped.

"Jeez Nana! You can't do these kinds of things! She's just a kid." She sighed.

"This isn't what it looks like!" Nana yelled. "I slipped!"

"That's what they all say.." Jooyeon muttered, then she got her stuff and left.

"..Am I really just a kid?" I asked, looking up at Nana.

"No.. Of course not.." She said, getting up finally.

"Then what am I? What am I to you?" I asked, sitting up.

"..You're.." She stopped. "It's hard to explain. But you're not a kid. Joo only says you're a kid because you're from a lower year. She calls all the younger ones kids. Don't take it so seriously." Then she pulled her shirt off.

"Nana-ssi!" I gasped, covering my eyes.

"What? You were going to see sooner or later." She said. "Your innocence is cute."

 

Nana's P.O.V

After getting dressed we went for breakfast then went back to our rooms to get our broomsticks.

"Nana-ssi, are things much different with the broomsticks in this year?" Lizzy asked. "Your broomstick looks better than mine.."

"It's a Firebolt, that's why. My parents are rich, so they got me a firebolt for this year." I said. "What model is yours?"

"Mine is a Cleansweep.. My parents aren't exactly rich.. This was all they could get.." She said, sounding a bit sad.

"You can borrow my Firebolt for a while if you like, although I'm not sure you'll be able to control it very well." I said. "I guess since the speed difference is a lot you might not be used to it."

Jooyeon came in. "Can't talk peasants, Nana stop showing off your Firebolt, Lizzy your Cleansweep is fine, goodbye." She took her stuff and left.

"..How does she know the models?" Lizzy asked, puzzled.

"Her parents make broomsticks. She knows a lot." I said. "Anyway, let's go to the changing rooms."

We walked outside and I noticed people were looking at Lizzy and mumbling.

"Why's she with Nana? She's just a kid."

"She won't understand anything Nana says, she's just a kid."

I sighed and walked quicker and Lizzy noticed something was up.

"What's wrong Nana-ssi?" She asked, holding my arm.

"Nothing.." I mumbled.

We even saw Jooyeon talking to Uee.

"Nana only talks to her now, but I don't understand why.. She's just a kid."

I glared at her then kept walking. We made it to the changing rooms.

"I know something is wrong." Lizzy said. "Tell me please."

"It's nothing. I'm fine." I said. "Just go get changed."

I saw the sad expression on her face and she pulled off her clothes quickly and put her robe on instead. I started to get changed and I noticed from the corner of my eye Lizzy was watching me. I saw her eyes scan my body then she looked away and blushed.

"Maybe she is just a kid.." I thought to myself.

Eventually the rest of our class showed up and we were taken out onto the pitch.

"Because of the new member in our class coming from a lower year, she won't be familiar with what you're all doing so you're all going to do something nice for a change. Go for a nice ride around the school." Said our teacher, then he left.

Once we were all in the air we started to fly. I noticed Lizzy was falling behind a lot so I slowed down.

"Nana-ssi, you don't have to wait for me. It looks silly that you're on a Firebolt and you're right at the back.." Lizzy mumbled.

"Nana's with the Cleansweep kid!" I heard a yell from the front and some laughter.

"Just go Nana.. I'll be fine.." She sighed.

I flew back to the front and easily got ahead of everyone else. Jooyeon flew next to me.

"..Is Lizzy really just a kid?" I asked.

Jooyeon nodded. "She's too innocent to be hanging out with you Nana."

 

But I guess things could change.. Because you weren't going to be just a kid for much longer..