Why aren't you happy for me

I'm a girl...BUT HE THINKS I'M GAY!

L.Joe hitched his breath when he saw Mi Hye coming back together with Jaejoong.

The genuine smile that lit her face pained him. For her to smile because if another guy, it almost kills him.

It surprises him how he could fall for a girl in such a short span of time. And so deeply too. But there was nothing he could do about it anyway.

"Byunghun Hyung!" Mi Hye squealed and ran over. "Ricky Hyung! Changjo Hyung! Chunji Hyung! CAP Hyung! Niel Hyung!"

"DONGHAE AH!" all the rest chorused together. L.Joe forced himself to look away, knowing that the bright smile on her face us going to hurt him even more.

"Byunghun Hyung! Why aren't you saying anything?" Mi Hye plopped herself beside L.Joe.

L.Joe bit his lips and put on a solemn expression. "I don't talk much. Didn't you know that?"

Mi Hye pouted. "Aww Hyung! Don't be such an anti !" she whined.

"You seem to be in good spirits today Donghae! What happened?" CAP asked.

A sweet smile appeared on Mi Hye's face. "Hehe nothing! Nothing at all~~"

L.Joe flinched at the happiness in her voice. *Does Jaejoong really make her THAT happy?* he thought sourly.

Mi Hye, being too immersed in her own happiness, did not sense L.Joe's depression. L.Joe gazed upon her silently, not saying a word, afraid his voice might just crack with sorrow.



It was math lesson again. A historical moment for Mi Hye.

Because it was going to be the first time she's going to attend Jaejoong's lesson as his girlfriend.

Not that anyone else knew, but it mattered to her.

She gazed dreamily at Jaejoong while he talked, admiring the way his adam's apple moved while he swallowed his saliva, the way he bites his lip when a student asks a question, the way he furrows his brows when a students doesn't pay attention.

She sighed a small sigh of contentment and propped her head up with her elbows, focusing all her attention on Jaejoong.

Little did she know that another someone was focusing all his attention on her.

L.Joe fixed his gaze on her, not wanting to tear his eyes away. His eyes traced her soft and pretty features, her pretty smile and smiling eyes.

*You're so pretty, why didn't I notice you were a girl before?* he thought.

Mi Hye caught L.Joe looking at her and she smiled. "Jaejoong sinseh is so perfect right?" she whispered.

L.Joe's face fell. "Whatever you say." he said softly.

Mi Hye grinned. "I have big good news Byunghun Hyung! I'll tell you at night when we get back to dorm!"

L.Joe nodded, knowing full well what that good news was. Hell, it was certainly bad news to him.



"BYUNGHUN HYUNG!" Mi Hye squealed. "I'm dating Jaejoong sinseh!! WHOOOO!"

L.Joe couldn't even muster the energy and effort to pretend being surprised. "Oh." was all he could say.

"After having such a long time crush on him, we are finally going out!" Mi Hye continued. "You don't know how manly he was Byunghun Hyung! He saved me from a car and he kissed me!!"

*I know everything.* L.Joe sighed inwardly. *How I wish I never saw.*

Mi Hye hopped around energetically. "I can't even use words to explain how happy I am Byunghun Hyung!"

L.Joe nodded. "Congrats." he said coldly and went to bed.

Mi Hye pouted. "Aren't you happy for me Hyung? Why aren't you excited for me?"

L.Joe remained silent. What was he to say? That he knew she was a girl? Or that he loved her?

"Oh I know! You're against gays right?" Mi Hye gasped. "Sorry for telling you all these Byunghun Hyung!"

L.Joe nodded faintly and closed his eyes pretending to sleep. He heard Mi Hye sigh and go into the bathroom.

He opened his eyes and for once in the day, he let a single tear escape his eye.

"I'll protect you even if you don't belong to me." he whispered softly. "I'll protect you, so please don't force me to be happy for you, something that I can't possibly do."