Chapter 9

Only Five Years

Month Three

 

YiXing has been on bed rest, by his doctor. He kept on thinking about the worst of dying. He kept on thinking about how JunMyeon would react to him leaving. He kept on thinking how he would leave his friends that have been with him through the end.

He heard the front door open and heard feet shuffling. He his side, so his back was away from the door, and closed his eyes.  He heard hushed whispering but didn't dare open his eyes. He felt a dip on the bed then felt someone's arm go around his waist.

"YiXing wake up." He heard someone whisper in his ear. He opened his eyes and saw JunMyeon laying next to him and saw his friends surrounding his bed. He sat up but cursed under his breath when the room started to spin. JunMyeon wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist and kissed the younger's cheek.

"What are you all doing here?" He asked not trying to sound rude.

"Just to spend time with you." Baekhyun said as he got on the bed and crossed his legs. Chanyeol followed his boyfriend and put his arm around the shorter's shoulders.

"Oh." YiXing looked at the bed sheets and started to play with the white material.

The group fell into a silence until it was inturuepted by sniffling.

"YiXing, don't cry." Luhan said trying to calm down his Chinese friend.

YiXing wiped away some tears and looked at his friends. "I'm sorry. I'm just so scared."

"YiXing, we'll stay with you no matter what." Tao reassured YiXing this time.

YiXing nodded his head and looked at his friends. "Thank you."

 

Five Months

 

YiXing laid in the hospital bed feeling his life slipping away. It started when he was cutting lettuce for dinner then he started to cough up blood. He couldn't feel anything. He feel to the floor unconscious.

The doctor said that the cancer has spread to far for him to stay at home, so he admitted him in the hospital, where he would spend the rest of the time that he has left on Earth.

"JunMyeon, I'm sorry." He said before he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

JunMyeon sat next to YiXing and held on to his boyfriend's hand. He felt tears prickling his eyes when he heard YiXing saw those words so sickly. He squeezed the younger's hand and smiled when he saw YiXing smile in his sleep.

Even when he was sleeping, JunMyeon still thought he was beautiful.

 

Seven Months

 

YiXing laid on the hospital bed with a breathing mask. He couldn't breath on his own anymore. The cancer spread to his lungs and it already spread to his nervous system. The cancer also spread to parts of his brain. He couldn't remember JunMyeon anymore or his friends.

When they came to visit him, he didn't know why they were there. When JunMyeon visited him, he broke down when his own boyfriend didn't recognize him.

JunMyeon would always come with photo books and tell him all about their dates and the times that they would talk about having a family and getting married.

YiXing would always cry when he would apologize to JunMyeon about not remembering him. JunMyeon would always wipe those tears away and kiss YiXing. He told him not to worry about it and that it wasn't his fault.

 

Nine Months

 

YiXing laid in the hospital bed, slipping in and out of consciousness. Sometimes he would sleep and his heart monitor would go off.

JunMyeon was sitting next to YiXing and saw the boy's chest rise and fall slowly. He looked at YiXing and saw that he was trying to fight to stay awake. YiXing looked at JunMyeon and gave him the weakest smile that he could ever give.

"JunMyeon, when I leave, promise me that you won't forget everything that we did together. Promise me that you would always visit me. Promise me that you would still have a part of me with you when I'm gone. Promise me that you will say that you love me more time."

JunMyeon choked on a sob and got closer to his boyfriend. "I promise you that I will never forget everything we did together. I promise you that I will always visit you . I promise that I will still have a part of you with me." He looked down at the ground to try to keep his tears in. He looked back up at YiXing and saw that his eye lids were starting to close.

"Zhang YiXing, I love you."

After he said that, YiXing smile and whispered to JunMyeon. "I love you too, Kim JunMyeon."

Right before his eyes, YiXing had died. JunMyeon cried his heart out when he saw his boyfriend die. His half. His lover. His best friend. The only person that knew him better than anyone else, is not with him anymore.


A/N:

Story is done. Sorry its short but I couldn't keep on going with this story. So I just combined three chapters in one

Comment, UpVote <3