Chapter 5

Only Five Years

YiXing sat in the living room while JunMyeon was cooking dinner in the kitchen. YiXing was wearing gray sweat pants with a white v-neck shirt. He wore a black beanie to hide his baldness. JunMyeon thought it was stupid for him to wear it inside but when YiXing said that he still felt insecure about not having his hair, he let YiXing wear it inside.

YiXing was staring blankly at the TV. So many thoughts were running through his mind about this cancer. He was thinking about how JunMyeon would handle him being gone. He thought about his friends that he will leave behind. He was scared. He didn't want to die yet. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with JunMyeon but that was all going to be cut short because of the cancer.

JunMyeon walked out with a hot bowl of chicken soup. He put a pillow on YiXing's lap before giving him the soup. YiXing gave JunMyeon a light smile and ate the soup slowly. JunMyeon went back into the kitchen and grabbed his soup. He sat down next to YiXing and looked at the TV, which was on the news.

YiXing put the spoon in his bowl and started to stir the soup. He looked at JunMyeon then back at the soup. He put the soup on the table and leaned back on the couch. JunMyeon saw what YiXing did and did the same action. He scooted closer to YiXing and put his hand on his boyfriend's upper thigh. YiXing looked up and gave his boyfriend a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" JunMyeon squeezed YiXing's thigh, earning a little glare from his boyfriend.

"I'm just thinking about something." YiXing waved his hand and shook his head.

"Was the soup bad?" JunMyeon asked with worry in his voice. It was his first time cooking and he was scared that it was bad.

YiXing chuckled and pinched JunMyeon's cheek. "It was fine." JunMyeon smiled and kissed YiXing.

JunMyeon got up from the couch, grabbed the dishes and went to go clean them. YiXing was happy that JunMyeon was helping around now but he thought that JunMyeon was doing it just because he doesn't want YiXing to tire himself out easily. When JunMyeon came back he plopped down on the couch and turned the volume up on the TV.

"JunMyeon." YiXing poked his boyfriend's knee with the tip of hid foot.

JunMyeon looked at him and gave him a heart warming smile. "What's up?"

"I'm scared." YiXing whispered.

JunMyeon gave a sigh and put his arm around YiXing's shoulders. "There's nothing to be afraid of. I'll be with you." He kissed YiXing's forehead, then his nose and then his lips, gently and sweetly.


A/N:

It was supposed to be long but I'm so tired.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3