Chapter 4

Only Five Years

When Leetuek brought YiXing and JunMyeon to the chemotherapy wing of the hospital, he showed them were they would be waiting for Tiffany and he left to deal with another patient. YiXing was sitting on a little bed, there was on IV next to the bed and a fridge where they keep the medicine. The only thing separating him from everyone else was a mint green curtain. JunMyeon sat next to YiXing on a chair and held his hand tightly.

A young nurse who looked like she was in her early twenties came to the bed and gave YiXing and JunMyeon a heart warming smile. Her hair was light brown with curls at the bottom, she was wearing a pink nurse uniform and she had rosy cheeks on her pale skin. She extended her hand and YiXing accepted it slowly.

"My name is Tiffany and I'll be your nurse." She said as her smile never left her face, making YiXing feel more at peace. "Okay, I'm going to give you the medicine through the IV. Some people at first throw up but it has do with how your body reacts to the medicine." She walked towards the fridge and pulled out on IV bag.

"YiXing look at me." JunMyeon whispered. YiXing looked at JunMyeon and gave him a little smile before wincing at the pain in his arm when he felt the needle pricking into his skin.

"Okay, I'm all done. It takes about twenty minutes for it to be done. If you feel any discomfort come get me immediately because it's your first time. If you feel like your about to throw up, there's a trash can right next to you." She pointed at the medium gray trash can. "I'll be at the desk over there." She pointed to the right of the room, where they saw a desk filled with nurses . "I'll see you in twenty minutes. Bye." She waved at them before leaving to go to the desk.

YiXing brought his head down and clenched his eyes shut. He felt dizzy and a little bit nauseous but nothing to be concerned about. YiXing opened his eyes and picked up his head, a little too fast. The nauseous feeling became worse. He motioned JunMyeon for the trash can. JunMyeon quickly got the trash can and gave it to YiXing, who quickly threw up in the trash can. JunMyeon rubbed his boyfriend's back and said comforting words to the younger. 

Tiffany came running back with a glass of water, napkins and a new trash bag. When YiXing was done, he took the napkins from Tiffany and wiped his mouth. Tiffany changed the bags out and gave YiXing the water before leaving to throw the bag away.

"Are you okay?" JunMyeon asked his pale boyfriend.

YiXing shook his head and sighed shakily. "I feel horrible. This is probably the worst thing I've ever done." He gulped down the water and gave it to JunMyeon, who put it on the floor next to him.

"We'll get through it together." JunMyeon YiXing's hand with his thumb. YiXing gave him a smile.

Tiffany came back with a smile on her face. "Are you feeling better?" YiXing gave her a smile and nodded. She looked at the IV and saw that the medicine was halfway done. "Good news is your halfway done. I'll say about five more minutes then you'll be good. Do you want me to call in Leetuek?" YiXing nodded his head and Tiffany left.

"JunMyeon when we get home can we do something?" YiXing looked at his boyfriend with sad eyes. JunMyeon knew what it was. He wasn't ready for it but he nodded his head sadly. "It'll be fine." YiXing said trying to reassure his boyfriend.

A few minutes later Leetuek came in and gave the boys a small smile. "How are you feeling?"

"At first I threw up and I felt dizzy but now I'm better." YiXing told the doctor. Leetuek nodded his head and wrote what YiXing told him down on his notebook. "Leetuek?" The said man lifted his gaze to YiXing. "How long will it be before I lose my hair?"

Leetuek pursed his lips, he wasn't asked this question often so it was rare for someone to even ask. "Some people shave their hair. I would recommend that because it will be easier than watching it leave from your scalp everyday." YiXing nodded and looked at JunMyeon sadly. JunMyeon smiled and nudged YiXing's knee. "Is that all?" YiXing nodded and gave the doctor a smile.

Tiffany came back and saw that YiXing was done. She got him unhooked from the IV and gave him a small sheet of paper. "That's for your next appointment. I'll see you then." She waved them goodbye and left.

*

When they got home YiXing walked to the bathroom with JunMyeon by his side. JunMyeon took the electric razor from underneath the the sink and bit his lip. He looked at YiXing one last time.

"Are you sure?" JunMyeon asked once more trying to reassure his boyfriend.

"It'll be better once it's done. JunMyeon, I can't watch my hair fall everyday." JunMyeon nodded his head, plugged in the razor and turned it on.

"No matter what, you'll still look beautiful." JunMyeon said as he brought the razor close to YiXing's hair.

JunMyeon bit his lip and started to shave off the right side of YiXing's hair. YiXing looked at the floor and saw his hair falling on the white marble floor. He closed his eyes and held in his tears so that he wouldn't have to watch anymore. JunMyeon was finished with the right side that was completely gone. He pulled YiXing's bangs back and started to shave off the top of his head. YiXing felt more tears falling from his eyes when he felt his bangs being pulled back.

"Almost done, YiXing. Just the left side." JunMyeon said, telling his boyfriend how far he was. YiXing nodded his head and motioned JunMyeon to finish. JunMyeon got to the left side and bit the corner of his lip. YiXing clenched his fist when he felt the razor on his left side. "And... done." JunMyeon put the razor down and took a look at his now bald boyfriend.

YiXing looked at the mirror and saw all of his hair gone. He rubbed the top of his head and felt nothing there. He looked at JunMyeon and let tears fall from his eyes. JunMyeon brought his boyfriend in a hug and kissed the top of his head.

"You still look beautiful." JunMyeon looked down at his crying boyfriend.

"I love you." YiXing quivered out before he kissed JunMyeon's lips.


A/N:

I feel like this was a long update.

Nothing to talk about here besides that I will probably update tomorrow.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3